The Fairmont Palliser
  • Restaurant
Hotel Arts(Calgary)
  • Restaurant
2,524 results
All reviewsgold floorthe penthousepresidents clubcalgary towerclassic hoteltrain tracksbeautiful hotelvalet parkingrocky mountaineersteam roomvalet servicestephen avenueheart of downtowncalgary stampedeoakloungeconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Great location to everything
Antique type hotel
Staff were helpful

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at hte Palliser on a recent busniess trip, during a nasty cold snap.
It has impressive architecture, and I had a large, comfortable room - albeit a bit shabby - decor needs refreshing.

I had both room service as well as enjoyed the restaurant and lounge - impeccable service, nice (but not spectacular) food. Not really worth the high prices they charge.

Staff were uniformly welcoming, friendly and professional.

I would stay again, but in nicer weather, when I could venture out to other restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ottawatraveler_11
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I must say I am severly disapointed in my recent stay at the Fairmont Palliser. From the requested early checkin denied when we arrived, the lack of knowledge from the front desk staff and the lack of suggestions and knowledge of the conceriege. I booked a room here expecting a fantastic relaxing experience and it was more of a stress and hassle. 2 hours for cream to be delivered to my room, housekeepers lerking outside my door and room service taking over an hour. I was charged for a movie which did not work and knowledge of the airport shuttle was minimal. I hope someone from the hotel sees this and contacts me. I do not travel often and have no idea when I will be back to calgary but when I do I expect the services I pay for.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cheeryukon
Reviewed January 17, 2012

As first time visitors, after much reviewing, decided the stay at the fairmont for couple of nights stop over - glad we did. beautiful foyer and staff are very friendly and helpful. room was big, bed was comfy and nicely decorated. hotel is in a good position and has good onsite food/bar, albeit a little on the pricey side, but to be expected in a hotel of this standard. nothing bad to say, would definately stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brissietravellers
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I like the Palliser, even though it is not a smooth machine. It definitely feels Canadian. The rooms are usually large, with fittings that feel like a house, not a hotel. There are many "quirks", eg in my room the light shade was too high, so you needed to adjust the lightshade to not be blinded when in bed, the chest of drawers panel was nearly falling off, the taps turn in strange directions for hot and cold, but it is fundamentally a nice hotel.

My biggest peeve is the restaurant welcome staff, who always seem insistent on you sitting exactly where you don't want to sit. I do not understand why they don't just say "where would you like to sit" rather than trying to force you to sit in, say, the entranceway. Saying that, the breakfasts are superb, and the serving staff excellent. The bar staff also deserve special praise - very good indeed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business