“Great trail network still showing effects of 2013 floods”

Calgary Pathway System
Ranked #10 of 307 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: A series of paths used for recreational purposes.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I went for an 11km run up and down the trails adjacent to my hotel, along the river, and came upon several spots where the 2013 floods had washed away all the ground which used to support the trail, so it was just gone. Everything was safely marked / closed off, there was no danger, but the continuity of the trail isn't what it once was; had to use the improvised dirt paths along some stretches, and at one point I simply had to turn around, seeing no way to go. I'm still grateful to have this resource available when I'm visiting Calgary!

1  Thank SueS5

Reviewed May 15, 2014

When possible, we would use the pathway and bike to where we needed to get to. We lived in Kensington so it was easy to get to downtown or to the university. The pathway is also well maintained in the winter.

GJS

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Like Minneapolis, Calgary has a terrific skyway above all the traffic. Unlike Toronto's Path in the basement, the Pathway is flooded with light as you walk from building to building all over downtown Calgary without worrying about the weather as you shop and eat.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

the scenery is amazing. i walked it almost everyday with my hounds. you tend to meet quite a few people on the path. it goes on forever. definitely recommend it .

Reviewed March 27, 2014

There's nothing like a run in the river valley. Or a walk, if that's more your scene.

I can run the trails every day of the week and still find myself enjoying every second of it - from busy Sunday mornings to deserted Thursday nights. Can't get enough of the trail system. Especially the far reaches when you go out past Inglewood or past Bowness from Downtown where you can really find serenity.

1  Thank Andrea S