“Great Place for Huge Aviation Fans”

The Hangar Flight Museum
Ranked #46 of 307 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: A museum featuring the history of aviation in Western Canada.
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Being in Calgary my whole life, I've been to most attractions, but have always wanted to check out the aerospace museum. I finally got the chance and boy was I super impressed. The amount of vintage planes they had there was stunning. They had everything you could ask for when it comes to aviation history in Canada. They even have a separate hanger that is home to several retired working planes that are now on display including a DC-3 and a Lancaster Bomber. The only downside the location, it is on the southside of the airport and it can be tricky for those who want to take transit there as there is only one bus that goes there. (the 57 only runs every half hour all day). Overall this is a great place for families to come and spend a morning or afternoon. Than they can head over to the west side of the airport and enjoying watching planes land or takeoff at the spotting park just off McKnight.

1  Thank Brad N

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a stop worth making, lots of interesting information and neat to see the planes, the Lancaster was amazing to see especially, it's huge!

1  Thank CorManitoba_Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We visited the museum on Father's Day, and really enjoyed our time at the museum. There was lots to look at and many of the planes were open! Our 3 year old son loved seeing all the planes up close.

1  Thank RuralRoadtripper
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very small area - not much to see. I went in the winter and the concrete curbs between the parking stalls were hidden by snow since the parking lot wasn't cleared - I ended up driving up onto one.
Used to go regularly when my teenage (at the time) son was member of robotics club and they met there - the staff very helpful and knowledgable - just not much to see.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We attended a social function there and while the exhibits were great I thought some of the paintings by local artists were amateruish and did
not appear professional to me. Too many stairs and for us baby boomers they are a tad dangerous.

1  Thank Ivy K