“Perfect to stay when you have early morning flight!”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
North Carolina
“Perfect to stay when you have early morning flight!”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed here just for early morning flight. Perfect location for that.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dmdyer
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you very much for your positive comments, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return one day, thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Like so many others, we only stayed overnight at the Delta Calgary after arriving tired and fairly late in the day from Seward, via Anchorage and Seattle. I was expecting a utilitarian hotel catering to a travel-jaded, one-night-stay clientele, so when we arrived we were very pleasantly surprised indeed.

The hotel was very easily accessed from the arrival lounge and once inside you really wouldn't have known you were at the airport. The lobby was beautiful, with vaulted ceilings and a view of the pool neatly diverting your attention away from the 'concrete jungle' surroundings.

We had booked a suite and a suite we got; spacious, air-conditioned and quiet with comfortable beds and excellent amenities. Sure, all we did was ordered room service, watch some TV, collapse into bed and collect our hire car the next morning to leave for Banff, but if we had been staying longer in Calgary I would still have been perfectly content with this hotel as my choice. The service was great, the food was good, the staff were friendly, check-in, check-out and luggage handling were effortless.

This hotel doesn't exist to be beautiful in the traditional sense; it's there to do a job and it does that job very welll indeed. Zero complaints from me.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Laonie
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Your comments were very much appreciated and have been shared with our employees. I am very pleased your stay was comfortable and the service was recognized. We look forward to your return visit. Sincerely.
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My college-age sons and I stayed at this hotel on two occasions in mid-August 2010. I booked this hotel because of its proximity to the Calgary International Airpiort. Indeed, all a traveler has to do is walk across a pedway and into the hotel lobby. The hotel's location makes it ideal for an early-morning or late-evening flight. As the adage goes, "it's location, location, location." One pays more to be in this convenient location. The rooms and amenities are, in my judgment, overpriced by about 20-25 percent.

We twice encountered a problem when we tried to access the Internet from our room. Despite what I was told when I booked the reservations, guests do not have free in-room access to the Internet. Once in our room, we were told the charge would be $10.95 (CAD). I e-mailed the hotel after our first visit, and a "duty supervisor" there responded with an apology and said the hotel staff had made a mistake. She promised the staff would be "retrained" (her word) in what amenities the hotel offers. Based on her e-mail, I decided to go ahead and keep the second reservation. Regrettably, when we checked in the second time, we were again told that the Internet was not free. Later, after we returned to the United States, I e-mailed the hotel again and a different staffer responded with a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Suffice it to say, I will never stay at another Delta hotel because I have no confidence in their promises. As President Reagan used to say, "Trust, but verify."

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank TominLexington
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments, we obviously apologize for our mis-communication and hopeful that I can explain the Internet process for our future guests.

We offer High Speed internet in all of our guest rooms, the service is provided as a Hard wired option and has great speed, we do not offer wireless in any guestroom, however wireless is provided in the lobby areas and in our meeting rooms.

We have different categories of rooms and all are priced accordingly. Our Delta rooms do provide Internet for a charge of $10.95 based on a 24 hour period. In 2010 we advertised to any guest that if they wish to sign up for our Delta Privilege program you are immediately given benefits which will include upgrades, free internet, local calls at no charge, late check outs and additional offerings.
Our Premier rooms, Deluxe rooms and Suites are all charge incremental costs and include later check outs, free internet and local calls etc, some even come with a breakfast package if that is your interest, these rooms do not charge for internet.

If there are ever questions please feel free to contact the Hotel personally and we would more than happy to explain in more detail.

Sincerely
Management
shrewsbury
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Without doubt, the big 'plus' of the Delta Hotel is its location on the airport itself - no courtesy bus journeys required; two minute walk from Arrivals ! It also lives upto its 4 stars in virtually every respect, including the food and bar service (menus & staff) and the swimming pools off the lobby are spectacular. I paid $185 CAD - worth every cent for a most convenient and quiet, comfortable nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tonyeff
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your comments and look forward to your return.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed here for one night while waiting on an early flight. I imagine that most travellers who stay here are short-term guests. However all the staff were really excellent - from the lady who dealt with our check-in, to the Italian waiter in the restaurant, to the guy who brought us our in-room breakfast at 5.15 am. Our two teenagers really enjoyed the hotel pool after a long drive in the car. We found our room very quiet and had a great nights sleep (considering we had to get up at 5 am!). We stayed in a lot of hotels during the course of a 3 week holiday in Canada and this was one of the most pleasant experiences.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cjd0
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
We wish to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge a few of our staff members, as a Hotel this shows that we take much effort in empowering and ensuring our employees provide the best service, at the same time we love the opportunity of sharing these comments not only with the team members mentioned but with all employees in hopes that everyone benefits from your comments.

Thank you very much and we look forward to you visiting us again in the future,

Sincerely
Chicago and all points outward
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Wow. Customer service. I am impressed. Facilities. I am impressed. We only stayed here one night, it being connected to the airport and all. But wow. Great reception, fast help with bags. Then free milk and cookies delivered to the room for the kids! Nice ! Pool in lobby area was novel. Restaurant had good food. Business center with free computer time was also great. The short experience we had here was top-notch all the way. We will seek out Delta hotels in the future for our travels. Warning!! Not the cheapest place to stay but it is on the airport grounds and cannot be more convenient.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BrianjustMrWonderful
Richmond, BC, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I stayed her on my way back to Vancouver. The room furnishings are newer but they are covering up an older hotel. Only one of three elevators worked when I arrived. The ice Machine on the floor did not work. Room 601 I was told was newly refurbished- but again nice furnishings over a tired room. There is still quite a bit of airport noise and I was woken up by plane noise not a wake up call. The tub was old and hot water only trickled out instead of filling the tub fast.
They do have great amenities in the bathroom and yes the bed and linens are newer along with the room furnishings. The hotel front desk staff were not to be seen when I tried to check out- one staff member just said I could leave my key card on the desk and leave.

I would only stay again if I had a very early morning flight- other wise I would stay on an off site hotel and take a shuttle to the airport- maybe a newer hotel than this one,

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tharms
ManagerDCA, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
We very much appreciate your comments and apologize that your stay was not acceptable, The past 2 years we have completed a full guest room renovation on a large amount of our guest rooms, from new carpet, to artwork, new vinyl, counter tops, draperies as well as all case goods, bedding and lighting, and your room was what we considered a newly renovated room. I was also saddened to see that your departure was not acknowledged with a thank you for your business and I will ensure all staff are aware of this importance, unfortunately due to your departure at 5:18 am we run with limited staff and 2 night auditors, these 2 persons ensure they are present for your morning greeting but might find they are running a service request upstairs while one auditor might be in the back balancing, for this I do apologize and want you to know that your business is appreciated and we very much hope you return in the future and experience a much more positive experience. Sincerely