“No need to get wet.....................”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed October 19, 2008

..........it was raining when we arrived in Calgary from Toronto, but as there is a covered walkway from the aiport straight into the hotel we didn´t get wet at all!! Very speedy and efficient receptionist and in minutes we were in the lift going to our room (526) which was very clean, well planned and good quality toiletries in the bathroom in abundance.

We had drinks in the bar and the service was excellent. Dined out with friends - many restaurants nearby.
Breakfast was included in the rates and as a buffet it was very good, with great selection of hot and cold food.

Travelling on the next morning to Banff (car hire office is right next door) - otherwise we would like to have stayed longer in this hotel............maybe next year?

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2008

Once again I'm very pleased with the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel. After numberous stays, I've added this good hotel to my reviews. This hotel is perfect for persons travelling to the Calgary area whom want to jump off the plane and walk right into the hotel lobby. Rooms are clean, functional and quiet. Rental car outlets are just outside the door. The hotel has a bed and breakfast rate option which is very practical. However, the buffet could stand a better selection. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. A great place for travellers, but not located conveniently for persons staying for business purposes in the city. This hotel has become my home away from home in Calgary.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2008

the lady at reception was very friendly and on request gave me a renovated room. The kings size bed was huge, the decor a nice chocolate brown. The only weird thing in the room was de midgetsize vanity in the bathroom; sink was not even on mid-thy level (I am 1,80 m). The view of the planes from the window is kind of neat. Yes, there is a slight noise sometimes from the airplanes, but not at all bothersome. And it was even possible to open the window a little bit.
Breakfast was average but sufficient, but very good orange juice (always a test for a good breakfast) and staff at breakfast was lovely, really friendly and cheerful.
The hotel was very convenient, as I arrived in Calgary in the evening, flying in from Europe. It saved me having to spend time on getting a car and driving to a hotel outside the airport. Instead I could get up fresh and early in the morning and go the car rental office, which is really close to the lobby of the hotel.
I do not think I would stay in this hotel for more than 2 days though, as it seems very much a business hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I am surprised by the poor reviews for this hotel as I liked it enough when we stayed in the middle of our trip that I booked it again when we had to extend our stay by one night at the end (courtesy of Zoom!). It is a bit souless but that's what I expected from an airport hotel and my room could have done with a bit of updating but I didn't find it anywhere near as bad as some other reviewers - just a bulk standard but comfortable airport hotel room. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful when we had issues with delayed luggage and later in storing our luggage, room service was OK and quite well-priced and there is a free business centre which was really useful in killing time before a flight. I also thought it good to see a hotel providing this free rather than making a charge for something that is essentially free to them. However, what made me book this hotel twice is the location which is literally across a small road from the airport, making it perfect for early/late flights or for storing luggage while spending a day in Calgary. I would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2008

The location of the hotel is very convenient but I don't think it is worth the money at all since there are so many nice hotels near the airport with free shuttles. The room was small and very dated, furniture was well used and counters scratched etc. The pool is in the lobby very near the front desk, so you really felt like you had to be very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We toured the Rockies on our honeymoon, and stayed one night at the Delta Calagary because we had an early flight to Vancouver. I could not fault the locaton of the hotel because Air Canada check-in was right across from hotel. The rooms in the hotel are in need of severe modernisation. I was very shocked when I went into our room which looked awful. The room had a severe odour, faded carpert, old furniture, and the bath tub had black stains all over the bottom. Also, we had a severe draft coming from our door that I had to put pillows at bottom of door to keep draft away. This is not the standard of your typical Delta hotel that I have stayed in the past. Since I was only staying there for one night I did not make a fuss, but I will not stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scotia08
Reviewed July 28, 2008

This hotel is by far the worst Delta property that I have stayed at. It needs major upgrading.

First off I was in town on business that was close to the airport so I chose to stay at the Delta airport because I like the Delta properties. I had rented a car to get to and from work, and to go and see the town...... I had two options of where to park the car.

1. You can park valet at a price of $35 a night. The valet is never around, and it takes forever to get your car, eventhough it is parked right outside the front door. I called down twice to get the car brought around and no one picked up the phone.

2. You can park in long term parking at a price of $12 per entry. I was making multiple trips back and forth from the hotel so this wasn't an option, the lot is not close to the hotel either.

The rooms are very dated, the carpet is faded. The layout of the rooms is very cramped. The bar, closet, bathroom door are all squished into a very tight space.

There was a huge gap between the door and floor, that let in the cold air and conversations from the hallway. It got so bad that I had to put towels down to stop the air from coming in. Although this did nothing for the noise from people conversing in the hallway.

My room overlooked the pool, which is located in the middle of the lobby. At 7 in the morning I was awoken to kids playing in the pool, the rooms definately aren't soundproof.

I found the food in the restaurant mediocre and overpriced.

I will not stay in this hotel again, as there are many other choices not that much further from this hotel, that offer much better value.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business