Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed August 8, 2008

We toured the Rockies on our honeymoon, and stayed one night at the Delta Calagary because we had an early flight to Vancouver. I could not fault the locaton of the hotel because Air Canada check-in was right across from hotel. The rooms in the hotel are in need of severe modernisation. I was very shocked when I went into our room which looked awful. The room had a severe odour, faded carpert, old furniture, and the bath tub had black stains all over the bottom. Also, we had a severe draft coming from our door that I had to put pillows at bottom of door to keep draft away. This is not the standard of your typical Delta hotel that I have stayed in the past. Since I was only staying there for one night I did not make a fuss, but I will not stay in that hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scotia08

Reviewed July 28, 2008

This hotel is by far the worst Delta property that I have stayed at. It needs major upgrading.

First off I was in town on business that was close to the airport so I chose to stay at the Delta airport because I like the Delta properties. I had rented a car to get to and from work, and to go and see the town...... I had two options of where to park the car.

1. You can park valet at a price of $35 a night. The valet is never around, and it takes forever to get your car, eventhough it is parked right outside the front door. I called down twice to get the car brought around and no one picked up the phone.

2. You can park in long term parking at a price of $12 per entry. I was making multiple trips back and forth from the hotel so this wasn't an option, the lot is not close to the hotel either.

The rooms are very dated, the carpet is faded. The layout of the rooms is very cramped. The bar, closet, bathroom door are all squished into a very tight space.

There was a huge gap between the door and floor, that let in the cold air and conversations from the hallway. It got so bad that I had to put towels down to stop the air from coming in. Although this did nothing for the noise from people conversing in the hallway.

My room overlooked the pool, which is located in the middle of the lobby. At 7 in the morning I was awoken to kids playing in the pool, the rooms definately aren't soundproof.

I found the food in the restaurant mediocre and overpriced.

I will not stay in this hotel again, as there are many other choices not that much further from this hotel, that offer much better value.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank topher26
Reviewed July 13, 2008

This hotel is right next to the airport, attached to the terminal and car hire depot, therefore it's a nice, easy hotel to stay in if you are between flights or for resting after a long flight before hiring a car the next day. Apart from that it's a bit soulless for a holiday break due it being far out of town and the Brutalist architecture.

The room was clean and functional, if a little bit old-fashioned. A unique feature of having the bed foot-facing the window was a curious but surprisingly welcome feature, making the room seem darker in the morning. There was no evident aeroplane noise and the bed was comfortable but had too many padded layers so was very hot even with the air-con on.

The staff on the front desk and room service were friendly, helpful and polite, but the breakfast serving staff could have been more pleasant.

The only odd thing was having the open plan swimming pool basically in front of the reception and viewable from the main restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2008

So convenient right at the airport, but so well soundproofed there is no airport noise at all. The business centre is excellent, the staff in the restaurant and front desk are helpful and friendly, and full of tips to make your stay pleasant and comfortable.
Would definitely stay here again - 5*

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2008

I stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel for one night prior to my early morning flight home. I paid $279 plus tax for one night. The room was quite small, but very clean and modern. The TV was brand new and worked very well. The Internet access was easy to set up and worked perfectly. The dinner I had at the restaurant on the first floor was very good, and the service was pleasant and prompt. (I did not eat at the steakhouse -- I ate at the more reasonably priced restaurant with a greater variety.) The bathroom was pristine.

The hotel is connected to the airport. You just check out at the front desk and walk through the airport doors to catch your flight.

My only complaint was the slow check-in and check-out at the front desk. I had to wait at least five minutes for each before being served. There did not appear to be any way to check out automatically.

I didn't hear any airplanes or other airport noises at all in my room that night. Slept like a baby.

I highly recommend the Delta Calgary Airport Hotel if you have an early flight out.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Our plane was delayed, so we were put up at the hotel by our airline. We had no complaints with our room. It was small but fine - not very fancy but certainly not shabby. Perhaps we were in a newer room?

The plus points were that it was about a 30 second walk from the terminal building. Very handy! We didn't hear any aeroplane noise and the bar served nice food at a reasonable price.

The restaurant was expensive, as was breakfast. We had to pay for wireless access (about $10-12), which was meant to last 24 hours. We bought it in the evening and it stopped working in the morning! The girl on reception gave us access after we complained but 24 hours should be 24 hours, not stop at midnight! The swimming pool looked nice enough but was practically in reception - not very private!

I'm not sure how much the hotels costs per night, but i would recommend staying here if you can get a good deal and need a bed near the airport for the night.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Chose this hotel because of its location following a late flight from the UK. Couldn't have been more convenient, not only as it's just across the road from 'Arrivals', but it's also right next door to the car hire desks!
The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great too.
There was no aircraft noise, so this place has got to be THE choice for people who want a clean, comfortable place to stay before continuing their journey the next day.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple