“Convenient but that's about it...”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Convenient but that's about it...”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Let's face it, if you are staying at any airport hotel it is for the convenience so for that this hotel is fine but not much more. It is connected right to the airport so no need for any shuttle etc. Check-in took a while as there were only two people at the desk and they didn't seem to know too much about anything. They were friendly but slow. The entrance etc. is very nice and modern.
The room was VERY disappointing. It was dirty and old as well. I could have knitted a sweater from the lint collected off the tops of the lamp shades & everything needed to be repainted. The Front door was uneven at the bottom & dirty. The bathroom?? It was literally the smallest hotel bathroom I have ever been in. A cruise ship bathroom would be in competition with it! The mattress was lumpy and even the dresser had a drawer that was broken so was hanging open. I spent over $200 for this room and I have stayed in 2 stars better then this for half the $$.
The one pleasant surprise was the restaurant in the hotel. One is called Compass which offers casual fair and a nice selection. Everything was made from scratch and the chef's there know what they are doing. This was the only pleasant thing about this stay. I will not stay at this hotel again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you ONLY care about the proximity to the airport, you will be fine but don't go in with any other expectations.

Room Tip: This hotel is connected to the YYC airport so no need for any shuttle etc.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dana0331
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It was nice to hear that your experience in the Restaurant was a positive one and I have passed along your compliments to the Chef’s. I was disappointed to hear that the hotel did not meet your expectations in other areas of your stay. I apologize for your experience and I have reviewed your comments with the entire team. We will take the opportunity to review our processes and product accordingly. Thank you again for your comments

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
kelowna
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Met with a group of us from across Canada for 2 days. This was a perfect spot for this. Excellent meeting rooms, catering and hotel rooms. Literally stones throw from arrivals. Good food. Excellent service staff. Room rates were for some reason different for each of our group from $89 to $239. Not sure why? Wouldnt have known if our group didnt bring it up. Shame on you delta.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank webb
Thank you for your review! I was pleased to hear that our location was perfect you and your group during your meetings. I have passed along your compliments to the staff regarding your comments. In regards to the rates, I do apologize. There are many different specials and rates that can be offered on a variety of booking engines for our hotel. I only hope that in the future, you will consider us again to provide you with the service that you expect and deserve again.
Maidstone, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were very mislead by staff at check in time! We were told there was plenty of parking and that it was very close! Well the parking was 1/2 a mile away and you had to pay a daily fee of 25.00. We brought this up to the hotel and they are oh yes we can give you a voucher for 12.60 a day but don't come back and forth or you will pay every time you do that! Also at check in time we had a pet which travels everywhere with us so we do know that there is a pet fee, but the front staff proceed to tell us since we are staying 3 nights there will only be a one time fee of 35.00 for our pet, we got charged for all 3 nights. We have tried talking to the hotel accounting department but they choose not to return our calls. This to bad for them and great for other hotels in Calgary cause we are in Calgary on a regular bases.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Connie820
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank You for your valuable feedback. I want to apologize about your overall experience while staying with us. Being an airport property all parking policies are through the Airport and not the hotel directly. I do however apologize the instructions were not clearly provided to you at your time of check in, and I have followed up with the Front Desk team. I have also passed along your concerns to the Accounting team regarding the missed phone call. I hope that in the future you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the service you deserve.
Brandon, Manitoba
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I had meetings at this hotel and I stayed one night. The room was a decent size, comfortable king bed and great TV. The kuerig in the room was a nice touch as well, although I didn't use it. I also enjoy a window that opens to allow some fresh air in which this hotel had. It couldn't possibly be any more convenient being steps from the YYC terminal. The only reason I couldn't give a perfect grade would be the 190 per night rate. I know I was paying for the location, but it was more than I like to spend on a room.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank dickbob
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback! It is very nice to hear that your overall stay with us was a great experience. I encourage you to try the Keurig coffee next time, as it has been a great recent addition to our rooms with positive feedback from our guests. It is great that our location suited your needs during your travels. I have passed along your comments regarding the rates to our Revenue Manager for review. We hope that in the future you will consider us as an option for your choice on where to stay.
Grande Prairie Alberta
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Love this hotel! No shuttle to take, just grab your bags, cross the road and you're there. The rooms are clean and the beds and pillows are great. The room we were in had a Pure Air feature which wea nice, everything smelled nice. My only complaint would be there was only one regular coffee for the Keurig and two decaf but thats minor.

Room Tip: Any king room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pepper52
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review! We are thrilled that our hotel provided you with the service and comfort you deserve while travelling. I have passed along your compliments to the entire staff regarding your comments. I also followed up with our Rooms Quality Department regarding the coffee to ensure they are placing two regular coffees and one decaf coffee in each room. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
scotland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Dont be put off by the fact that this hotel is literally a stones throw from the airport, there is no audible noise from aircraft, and it's location is great for those early morning starts or late arrivals. The staff here are excellent, reception staff always have a smile and go out of their way to make sure every request is catered for and every query answered. Some of the rooms are looking very tired now as are the carpets, but the rooms are adequate and the sleep quality good. Wifi is excellent throughout the hotel and in the rooms. The YYC bar is good for meeting people or for light meals, although there aren't any healthy choices in obvious evidence, breakfast buffet is OK but not outstanding, but if you don't want to eat in the hotel there are a number of food outlets in the airport many of which are open 24/7. This is the second time I have used this hotel and will probably use again on y next visit - it is the location which is so appealing.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool - they are quieter and some have had a recent revamp
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank seajay1111
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that your overall stay with us was a positive experience and that our location suited your travel needs. I have passed along your compliments to the staff regarding your comments. I have also passed along your observations to our Restaurant Manager in regards to the menu for consideration. We are excited to welcome you back to the Delta Calgary Airport in the future!
ns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed for two nights on the begnning and tail end of a trip to Mexico. It was extremely convenient - a few steps from the check in counter we needed. The staff were very, very professional.. Great service. The hotel has a very interesting layout and therefore had a very nice view of the pool area, which is adjacent from the lobby. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very clean. There are 3 restaurants (one is lounge) - we ate at the Compass. Very good.

The rooms are very small. The 2nd room we had was smaller than the first. The entrance/closet/bathroom area is very, very small, especially the bathroom. But it was very clean and had all the amenities. I would add that the hotel is perhaps older? As we had problems with our heat both times. First, the room was too hot and the ac was not turned on yet and we could not cool it any. The 2nd time it was too cold and we could not get any heat. We did contact the front desk and they did look into it but could not fix it. They did offer us a new room.

The price I thought was high, however; when you look at other prices for hotels in Alberta, or hotels attached to airports, the price is on par. I would stay here again for the level of service and the location.

Room Tip: view over pool is nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sevp
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback! I have passed along your compliments to the staff regarding your compliments and they were happy to hear them! I apologize that the room temperature did not regulate for you during your stay. Our heating and cooling systems are activated based on the external temperature of the building. With Calgary’s drastic weather changes in fall and spring, our thermostat system can be delayed. For future reference, we do have fans and portable heaters on property to accommodate our guests during these times. We look forward to welcoming you back for your future travels!