“Family Friendly Airport Hotel”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family stayed here after arriving in the evening and departing the following morning. It is very close to luggage pick up. It is very family friendly, with life jackets at the pool (perfect for our preschooler), play areas across the street in the airport, and plenty of places to eat in the airport. We were tired after an international trip and the room was very quiet all night long. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank andreaadams
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your stay, and took advantage of the pool during your stop over. We hope you had safe travels, and look forward to seeing you again next time you’re traveling!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Outstanding location right across the street from the airport check-in. Great for overnights if you have an early flight & come from afar or don't want to deal with morning traffic &/or weather. Very comfortable rooms (especially the beds), excellent staff & a good restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, and have shared your compliments with the team. We can’t wait to welcome you back next time!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the hotel on the evening of Tuesday, March 12, 2013 as I had an extremely early morning flight to the USA. I usually stay at the hotel 4 to 5 times per year. On this occasion, the Executive Rooms Quality Manager and Chief Engineer arranged for my room reservation as I had visited the hotel in person about 10 days before my stay. All of the staff made me feel at home. The young lady at the front desk who checked me in (I do not remember her name unfortunately) was very kind and arranged for a temporary parking spot for 20 minutes in front of the hotel so that I could arrange to take my luggage and other materials to my room. She also watched my car for me and took my keys in case they had to move the vehicle. On this occasion, I stayed in the NW corner of the 6th floor. The room was extremely clean and very quiet - especially when one considers that the hotel is literally across the street from a very busy airport. I was surprised to have the porter named "Dan" knock on my door,, recognize me, and greet me by name and he also gave me a light snack and a bottle of water - That type of personal service has all but disappeared. A few minutes later, 2 polite ladies showed up at the door and provided me with a nice treat of chocolates and more water. The hotel and room were extremely clean, the staff treated me like a friend, and the location's convenience is not touchable by any other hotel. I had pre-printed my boarding pass and only "carried on" my light luggage this trip so my indoor walk though the enclosed walkway attached to the hotel over to US Customs took about 4 minutes in total. I can hardly wait for my next early morning flight as I will stay at the Delta Calgary Airport again.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on the higher floor on the NW Corner - I find them to be very very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! We were so excited to share your compliments with the team, and made sure to celebrate the individuals who made your stay excellent. We look forward to seeing you again next time you have an early flight!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is an older hotel but decent to stay at. The best part of it is you can wear shorts and Walk across the skywalk to the departure level. The hotel is surprisingly quiet considering its not far from the runway. I stay here often when traveling and would recommend

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Delta Calgary Airport! I’m assuming because you were wearing shorts you were going somewhere much warmer than Calgary – hope you had an outstanding getaway! We look forward to seeing you again before your next trip!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, the restaurants are great and the staff is very friendly. The rooms and bathrooms are nicely decorated with all the amenities. Yes, it is more expensive that some however, the location cannot be beat. I enjoy staying at this hotel and it's perfect for early departures since it is directly connected to the airport by an enclosed walkway - no taxi or shuttle bus needed for this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kswba

Thank you very much for your wonderful TripAdvisor review! I’m glad that you enjoyed the décor of our newly renovated rooms and the convenience of being across the street from the Departures level at the Calgary International Airport. We look forward to seeing again next time you travel!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was given a room at the Delta by my airline when they could not make a simple connection before the last flight of the evening left for my hometown. It was going to be a short visit, arrival after midnight, 530 am wakeup for a 7 am flight. The bed was pleasantly comfortable however, the temperature in the room never got below 25 degrees at any point, making sleep essentially impossible. Why bother spending any money at all on a renovation if you can't make the rooms livable? The solution offered by the desk at 4 am is a fan or a new room? Not helpful with a short stay. The interior facing rooms need an A/C that works and can cool off the room. the only saving grace is that United Airlines paid for the room, not me. If I had, nothing less than a full refund would have sufficed.

Room Tip: DO NOT get an interior facing room, ask for an exterior room, with one of those, at least you could...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve C
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. I can appreciate your frustration; especially with a flight delay. I apologize that we weren’t able to provide you a better solution, but I’m sure the Front Desk team did their best to resolve the situation for you. I have alerted our Rooms Quality and Engineering Teams of your experience so we can monitor the interior rooms, and ensure they are set at an appropriate temperature. I hope you had safe travels, and that you’ll allow us another opportunity to provide you the comfort you deserve when you’re away from home.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at the Delta before a flight to the U.S. and wondered if it was worth the extra money. Simply put, my answer is a resounding YES. We have stayed and parked in other hotels in Calgary before flying and honestly, it always seems like a hassle to get to and from the hotel/airport before and after a flight. The Delta is clean, quiet, has a good restaurant and you can walk to the airport. Awesome experience and I would highly recommend staying there when flying anywhere.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you were able to capitalize on the convenience of our location, and kick-start your vacation stress-free. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re flying out!