“If you must stay here, I guess you gotta.”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“If you must stay here, I guess you gotta.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Good

-The beds are super comfortable.
-The hot tub is great
- It is right in the airport complex.

The Bad
- The pool is not heated

The Ugly
- I flipped over my pillow to discover a nice blood stain.
- There are no windows. And even with the air conditioner on the lowest, coldest setting I had trouble breathing. VERY STALE AIR.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’ve passed along your recent experience to our Rooms Quality Executive Manager who has followed up with her team regarding the cleanliness of your room. I can assure you that this is not up to standard, and I want to extend my sincerest apology to you. I’ve also forwarded your feedback regarding the pool temperature to our Engineering Team who have been monitoring it closely to ensure the temperature stays comfortable. Our rooms on the exterior side of the building do have windows which open, but if you do find yourself located in an inside facing room you can request a humidifier be brought up to assist with any static or stale air you may find. The Calgary climate is naturally very dry and this can happen as a result, but we’ll always do our best to remedy the situation to ensure you have a good night’s sleep. We look forward to providing a comfortable stay when you visit next.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Delta Calgary Airport having spent all of our other time in Canada staying in the Fairmont hotels. It was a relief to check in to the Delta Calgary Airport where the environment was relaxed. The staff were fabulous, the gym and associate facilities were clean very adequate, and the pool and spa were lovely. All Iincluded. We went to the hotel's YYC Lounge for dinner and we were so pleased, the food and service was lovely and we had a very relaxing time. The prices were entirely reasonable. Moving to the hotel room, we thought the room was clean, functional and comfortable. I have read in other people's reviews that the rooms are noisy or that you can smell jet fuel but we didn't find this at all and we are quite fussy about noise. You can hear people as they make their way down the hallways at odd hours to get flights, but no matter how fancy your hotel, you will always get inconsiderate morons who make too much noise in the corridors, this is not really a refelction on the hotel. Also the trade off for odd-hour activity is you get to sleep in longer because you are already at the airport! The bed was comfy. The convenience products were fantastic to the extent that my husband and I are going to contact them to find out where we can get their shampoo and conditioner, our hair has never been so shiny and smelt so good. Great job Delta.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I can assure you, you made everyone’s day when I shared your review with them. They were truly excited that we were able to provide you the comfort you look for when you’re far away from home. The bathroom amenities are June Jacobs products (just in case you want to look more into them). We hope you had safe, and stress-free, travels home.
Golden, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Like all Delta properties I have stayed at, and that is 99% of them, the service is great, clean, well staffed and you couldn't be closer to the airport. It's literally a 30 second walk to the terminal.I booked the "stay and park" package. Long term parking is very confusing, I parked in "long term" parking when I arrived only to find out I was in the wrong "longterm parking". You have no way of knowing which longterm parkade you are supposed to be in, if you pick the wrong one you will be in for a big surprise when you leave $$$. I had to ask at front desk, they showed me an actual picture of the lanes when you approach the parkade so obviously this has confused many people. The instructions should be more explicit online. I had to go out in the morning, leave the parkade and re enter into the correct area, good thing I was up early, I did ask if they would move my car for me and they said no. (only reason for the 3 stars for service)Had I been pressed for time I would have been more upset. Seems like a minor thing but was a pain. We are Platinum Plus members and felt having them move the car would have been a nice gesture.Couch looked really dated (small tear) but otherwise room was nice and comfortable.

Room Tip: Get instructions if you choose the park and stay package!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your feedback! Being located at the airport, the parking has definitely been a challenge for us, and our guests who aren’t familiar with the Calgary International Airport. We recommend to any guests checking in, who require parking, that they drive up to the Valet Parking (and entrance) on the Departures Level. This allows you to unload your bags, check in, and get instructions from our Front Desk Agents on exactly where to go in the parkade and how to operate the system. It seems like an extra step, but it can cut down on the stress level.

For those who would rather not take this extra step, ensure you park in Parkade 1 (P1) – Long Term parking. You will see the Delta Logo beside the 2nd and 4th floor parking spot counts. Ensure you take, and keep, your ticket upon entrance. You will use this ticket, along with your parking voucher you’ll receive at check in to receive your parking discount.

I’ve also shared your review with our Bell Team, for feedback on assisting our guests, and always doing our best to go above and beyond whenever we can. We truly appreciate your loyalty to Delta, and hope to provide you the service you come to expect next time you stay.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Can't beat the location, and the staff is lovely, but the constant jet fuel smell is brutal and while the website says "sound proof rooms" you can hear quite a bit from your neighbours. But the worst is the jet fuel smell, ug, I'm here for one more night (of three) for work and won't come back despite my frequent travel to Calgary, the headache inducing smell is beyond unbearable & I'm sure it's not good for anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I appreciate you bringing the jet fuel smell to our attention, and can assure you that this is not common, and our maintenance team has been alerted and that they are following proper procedures if any disagreeable smells are detected. The concave construction of the building allows our rooms to be sound-proof from outside noise, like planes; however, we have been working on proactively blocking rooms based on departure/arrival times to limit the noise disruption for our guests. Being an extremely transient hotel with guests leaving at all hours this has been a challenge, but for the most part, other guests are considerate with noise levels when arriving or departing their rooms.

I’m glad that although your stay wasn’t the most enjoyable, your experiences with our team members were. I’ll be sure to forward your compliments to them, and hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to provide you the comfort of being your home away from home next time you visit Calgary.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2013

After flying home from Mexico we stayed at the Delta. We have 2 children under 4. We were quickly greeted and taken care of. We stored the unneeded baggage for the night and the bell boy promptly brought the rest up. As per usual the beds are fabulous. We ordered a crib for the baby and it was a Graco play pen on wheels, with linens, which was awesome. WE were starving (thanks Air Canada) so we ordered room service. Kids shared pb and jam sandwhich. We had French onions soup and butter chicken. The soup was delicious as was the butter chicken.
The only regret I have is that our plane was 3 hours late leaving and my air canada app said it was on time. Had I known I would have slept in and had a wonderful breakfast and more time at the Delta.
Lastly our bell boy took our massive trolley of luggage all the way to its check in! service in spades!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you and your family had such a wonderful stay, and huge thanks to our amazing team members who made it happen! We’ll be sure to share your compliments with the team, and look forward to seeing you again next time you’re heading out, or back, from vacation.
london
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Well you can't get much closer to check in (although you have to cross one road) and it is very quiet considering it is next to the airport We chose the Delta as we had a 6.30 flight to Montreal and found it to be an excellent choice The room was fine and the staff lovely We ate in the N51 restaurant and enjoyed an excellent dinner Thank you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your sleep and your meal in the North 51 Steakhouse. I’ve passed along your compliments to the team in the North 51, as well as the Executive Chef, who were all grateful. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re flying out.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff was the main reason our stay here was so pleasant. Check in was great: Annu, at the front desk loved our 2 year old daughter and set up a crib for our room, gave us a voucher for free milk and cookies. The bellhop was very friendly and helpful, they checked our car seat so that we would not have to pack it up to the room, and we were continually offered assistance with all of our luggage. We ate dinner in their restaurant, and had excellent service from our waiter there too (the food was very good, but nothing amazing). We were staying here free, due to a missed connection, but I would not hesitate to stay here if I was paying for myself!

The rooms are spacious, with very comfortable beds (my wife wanted to take the mattress home), relatively nice showers, kuerig coffee makers, nice wide screen tvs, etc.

Room Tip: There are quite long hallways, so if you prefer not to have the walk, ask for a room closer to the e...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding TripAdvisor Review! I’ve made sure to recognize Annu for her excellent service, and help in ensuring your children felt right at home. I’ll also pass along your compliments to our Bell Desk and Outlets teams regarding your experiences with them. I’ll let the Chef know that you enjoyed the food, but you felt there was room for improvement – he always loves a challenge! Glad you liked the bed, Keurig Coffee Maker, and new TVs! Hope you had safe travels home!