“Great sleep, very convenient”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Rooms are a bit small. Bath room is even smaller! Front Desk was very friendly, it was refreshing. We had such a GREAT sleep! Free coffee in the room. We asked for a late check out and they were more than happy to give us one. This is the only hotel connected to the Calgary airport so it makes for a very short and convenient walk there.
I think there should be a free continental breakfast. Many of the other surrounding hotels offer free breakfast. Still great though.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brookebethune
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! I’ve passed long your concerns regarding the continental breakfast to our Outlets Manager and Executive Chef to look at for future improvement opportunities. I’m glad that despite the cost, you still enjoyed your meal and the free coffee available for the Keurig Coffee Maker in the room. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the Front Office Team, and we look forward to having you back next time you’re flying out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Winding down a week worth of travel from Boston to a few places in Northern Canada with a 7am trip back home. Needed to book a hotel and found the Delta Calgary Airport. Not sure what to expect; how nice can an airport hotel be? First plus is that after collecting my baggage I took the elevator to floor three and walked a short distance through a walkway attached to the airport; 2 minute walk! No taxi, no going outside...perfect for the end of a long trip. I can sleep in a bit and be at the airport in 2 minutes! The lobby is on the swanky side. Tasteful and modernish with a beautiful pool area in a step down area of the lobby. The room is contemporary and reminds me of what you'd find at a Westin hotel in Boston. Clean, crisp and new smelling. Tstefully appointed with a bed that looks like it's out of a picture in a magazine. Needed to grab dinner and went to the casual restaurant/bar area; contemporary and something you'd find in the city. Had one of the best salads I've ever eaten; it was the cobb salad. Not too exciting to think about a cobb salad as it's quite common. This one had chicken which had been roasted (versus the dried up chicken breast variety), micro greens, fresh advocado, the perfect dressing and this maple bacon which was out of this world. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat! The service was excellent too; professional, friendly and just right.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JHB130
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your fantastic review! I’m glad that we exceeded your expectations, and met all of your needs during your stay. I’ve passed along your compliments about the DCA Cobb Salad to the Chef, and he was happy you liked it. I’ve also passed along your compliments to our Front Office Team and celebrated their professionalism and courtesy throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re visiting from Boston!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Thanks Delta Calgary Airport for the excellent night sleep. You have the most comfortable king-sized beds and pillows ever! Your front desk staff are very pleasant and easy-going, too.
They gave us a quiet room on a quiet floor so we could go to sleep early to catch our 6 a.m. charter flight to Mexico! Those beds are sooo comfortable we didn't want to get up! Guessing that is your corporate strategy?!? ;-)
If we are back that way again next fall we'll be sure to stay there again and eat/drink, sleep and relax in your hot-tub!

Room Tip: Ask for a king-size bed - they are incredibly comfortable!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank U-dub-el-yoo

Thank you so much for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! You caught us, beds so comfortable you don't want to leave is our Corporate strategy! Joking aside, I’m glad that you enjoyed a comfortable night’s sleep prior to traveling the next day. There’s nothing quite like landing in Mexico ready to seize the day rather than siesta. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to your team, and we look forward to having you back for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel was great! I stayed here on business. A friend had a great deal for us. The beds are fairly comfy, and the restaurant food was great. We all had the turkey burger(super yummy), we did have to change rooms as ours was hot....the fan was broken. They moved us immediately, but the room was clean, and well stocked. For what we paid it was a great deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tatum P

Thank you very much for your TripAdvisor review! I’ve passed along your compliments regarding the turkey burger to our Chef, and he was elated. Also, thank you for letting us know about the heating problem in your room. I’m glad that the Front Office Team quickly remedied the situation, and I’ve alerted our Engineering team about the issue. Thanks to your friend for the recommendation – we look forward to seeing you again next time you’re in town for business.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great place to stay if you are flying in or out of Calgary Airport. The room rates are a little pricey but I suppose that is to be expected with a hotel that is basically connected to a major international airport. The only negative was a small bathroom and no continental breakfast that I was made aware of. Other than that it is a newer property with pleasant staff and clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kerusso
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our rates do fluctuate according to date and occupancy. We do host a continental breakfast for $14 per person which includes fresh pastries, fruit, cold cuts, oatmeal, and few other cold items. Hope to see you again next time you’re passing through!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spent the night, last Saturday, while coming from Cuba with West Jet. The front desk were so professional, and never was I treated better. Coming across from the airport, the front desk quickly took my luggage up to my room which was on the 7th Floor. The King Size Bed, and room was so comfortable, one could not want anything more in a hotel.. The dining room, bar, and the next morning buffet, was so handy before catching my flight the next morning. Thanks to WestJet for putting me up in this wonderful hotel......Would recommend this hotel to anyone, and the location to the airport was so ideal.......

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor, and I couldn't have had a better, or quieter room....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lovingcuba309

Thank you very much for your outstanding review! It’s great to hear that we were able to make a flight delay a pleasant experience on your way home from Cuba. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with our Front Office team, and we hope to see you again next time you find yourself in Calgary.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Was connecting thru Cgy to Mexico a few weeks back I slept thru the wake up call but some very nice person from the front desk came and knocked and knocked til I answered, A very nice touch by them Im sure im not the first nor the last person to be saved by this . Full points for going above and beyond

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DougRoe
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your outstanding review! I’m currently in the process of figuring out who saved your day, and I’ll be sure to celebrate them for their efforts. I’m sure there’s no bigger fear, for anyone traveling, other than sleeping through your alarm. I hope you had save travels, and that we’ll see you back next time you’re flying out!