“THANK YOU FRONT DESK”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #38 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Was connecting thru Cgy to Mexico a few weeks back I slept thru the wake up call but some very nice person from the front desk came and knocked and knocked til I answered, A very nice touch by them Im sure im not the first nor the last person to be saved by this . Full points for going above and beyond

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DougRoe
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your outstanding review! I’m currently in the process of figuring out who saved your day, and I’ll be sure to celebrate them for their efforts. I’m sure there’s no bigger fear, for anyone traveling, other than sleeping through your alarm. I hope you had save travels, and that we’ll see you back next time you’re flying out!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Park in the long term parking on level 2 or 4 (4 is uncovered) $59 for 1st week the $11/day. Direct entry to hotel from parking lot. Park at front door of hotel to unload and check in the go park.
Rooms are REALLY small but convenience worth it to just walk across the road to the airport.
Small pool in lobby with hottub.
We purchased "B&B" plan but not worth it as their continental breakfast not much and hidden in corner. We didn't even see it and as they sat us next to regular buffet then tried to charge us an addition fee ($25?) but realized it was their error and removed the charge.
Staff very helpful and pleasant.
You can find lots of nearby hotels for way less than $200-250 and some offer free parking but as we had a 2- yr old and it was winter, the location was worth the price.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank BC-Lynda

Thank you very much for your feedback. I do apologize about the confusion during breakfast. The Bed & Breakfast package includes our continental breakfast only, but that should have been clarified when you were seated. I’ve followed up with our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure our team is accommodating our guests accordingly, and I’m glad, given the situation, that they made sure your concerns were taken care of. I hope that we’ll see you again next time you’re traveling!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had an unexpected overnight in Calgary. Thankfully WestJet put me up at the Delta Calgary Airport. Room was ok, but the meal was incredible!! Again, thanks to WestJet, had a wonderful meal at North51Steakhouse. My extremely professional server, Kris Handy, recommended the Wild Boar Chops, which I had along with sauteed mushrooms. An amazing meal, which I savoured!!! The meal and the service made my night. The hotel staff were also quite attentitive.

Room Tip: Had a room on the 2nd floor. Avoid. Meals at the restaurants are wonderful!! Facilities are amazing.
1  Thank SullyBarrie
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for this outstanding review! I’ve passed along your compliments to Kris and our Executive Chef directly. I’ve also posted your review on our North 51 Steakhouse Facebook page to share with others. Hopefully we’ll see you again next time you’re passing through Calgary, even if it’s just for the meal!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a very busy travel itinerary and this was my home for three nights of zipping around Canada and a quick trip back into the US. I found it perfect. Just steps away from the gates, a 24-hour business center for printing travel documents, helpful staff, good restaurant options, and a well-appointed room.

I was in an exterior room. It was perfectly equipped and I appreciated the Keurig coffee maker for those before-dawn wake ups. Yes, the bathroom is small but no more so that many. I think it's the narrow door that's an issue. And the placement of light switches in an unusual spot across from the entry door is quirky.

I had no temperature issues like those mentioned in these reviews. But I did notice that the prior occupant had cranked the temp up to 25 which was ridiculous. I kept the heating off for most of my time in the room.

I give it top marks for convenience and would stay there again for similar reasons.

Room Tip: Exterior seems to be preferable evidently because of some temperature issues.
1  Thank skagittraveler

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! It’s great to hear that we were able to simplify your busy travel itinerary, and provide you with everything you needed throughout your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time you’re travelling in and out of Calgary!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days, while doing business in the Airport, for this it is extremely convenient, as it is for car hire. I had an 'exterior facing' room which I found comfortable and quiet with a good internet connection (ethernet and wi-fi) which did not cost extra and a largeTV. There is a gym and pool which I didn't get time to use. The breakfast is good, the restaurant food is good though I found it expensive. If you want to do anything outside the Airport, it is a bit of a journey.

1  Thank George0903

Thank you very much for your review! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trip. Our wireless internet is Internet XL, and is the fastest connection you can currently receive during a stay in any hotel. I’ve passed along your feedback regarding the menu to our Food & Beverage Manager, and your compliments on the breakfast to the Chef. Although it may seem far, the Delta Calgary Airport is within minutes of Deerfoot Trail, if you’re not venturing out in rush hour, you can get almost anywhere in the city in 20 minutes. Hopefully next time you stay you’ll be able to enjoy the fitness facilities, we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My first stay in a Delta branded hotel. I am a frequent business traveller so my requirements may differ from the tourist traveller.
The position of this hotel is excellent being directly linked to the international airport. All facilities are packaged in a typical business hotel where the lobby area and meeting rooms do exactly what is expected, pleasant, roomy and inviting.
The meals were good with buffet breakfast at 19 CAD and the restaurant offering good dinners.
The room was smaller than I would have liked but maybe I am too picky on that score. All facilities were in there including an excellent work desk and fast Internet. There was snow on the ground when I arrived and so the heating was tested and I am glad to say it passed with flying colours. In summary, this hotels meets all business expectations. Not the cheapest but well recommended.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip C
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Chef regarding your good dining experiences. Snow is never ideal when you’re travelling, but good heating and a walkway connecting you to the airport so you don’t have to go outside is convenience at its finest. Glad you enjoyed your first stay with Delta Hotels, and happy that we were a positive ambassador for the brand. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We live in Calgary and have occasionally stayed here when we have had an early morning flight. The first time we stayed here was many years ago, and we stayed again recently. I don't think anything has changed at this property in all that time The lounge area, as well as the guest rooms seem very tired and in dire need of an updating. The front desk clerk was not welcoming and failed to look up from his paperwork, while welcoming us (sort of) to the hotel.
I have had the opportunity to stay at other airport hotels in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto over the past several months. The Delta is at least as good as Toronto's but the Fairmont in Vancouver and the Marriott in Montreal are significantly superior to the Delta Calgary Airport. It is convenient for early flights but it is a very average property. There are other options close to the airport and I would recomend giving them a try.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve A

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are committed to consistently updating the products offered at the Delta Calgary Airport. We have been renovating our guest rooms over the last few years, and are currently looking into updating some aspects of our dining options for next year. I’m extremely disappointed in the way you were greeted upon arrival, and have followed up with the Front Office Manager to ensure those individuals receive the feedback you’ve provided. We always want our guests to feel welcome, relaxed, and at home. I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity, next time you’re flying out, to provide you with the Delta service you’ve come to expect.