“A Tired Property”

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“A Tired Property”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We live in Calgary and have occasionally stayed here when we have had an early morning flight. The first time we stayed here was many years ago, and we stayed again recently. I don't think anything has changed at this property in all that time The lounge area, as well as the guest rooms seem very tired and in dire need of an updating. The front desk clerk was not welcoming and failed to look up from his paperwork, while welcoming us (sort of) to the hotel.
I have had the opportunity to stay at other airport hotels in Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto over the past several months. The Delta is at least as good as Toronto's but the Fairmont in Vancouver and the Marriott in Montreal are significantly superior to the Delta Calgary Airport. It is convenient for early flights but it is a very average property. There are other options close to the airport and I would recomend giving them a try.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steve A
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are committed to consistently updating the products offered at the Delta Calgary Airport. We have been renovating our guest rooms over the last few years, and are currently looking into updating some aspects of our dining options for next year. I’m extremely disappointed in the way you were greeted upon arrival, and have followed up with the Front Office Manager to ensure those individuals receive the feedback you’ve provided. We always want our guests to feel welcome, relaxed, and at home. I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity, next time you’re flying out, to provide you with the Delta service you’ve come to expect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The staff at this Delta are fantastic- they are friendly, quick to help and very accommodating. My only feedback is that the food in the restaurant is very average and nothing special plus the better rooms are the exterior ones. The bed and pillows are great but if you have an inside room in the winter there is no AC and the rooms are very hot. That said the staff were lovely and had a fan delivered to my room to help with cooling it off. Would stay again but definitely on the exterior (that's what I had last time).

Room Tip: exterior rooms are better in the winter months
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DAB_LMB
Thank you so much for your review! I’m extremely proud of our team, and glad that they were able to provide you with the accommodating guest service Delta is known for. I appreciate your feedback on your restaurant experience. We’ve just implemented a new menu yesterday which features an amazing poutine bar and homemade burgers! I do apologize about the air conditioning issue during your stay; it has been a challenge for us with the ever-changing weather in Calgary, but I’m glad that our team sent up a fan to help in cooling off your room. We appreciate your loyalty to the Delta Calgary Airport, and look forward to your next stay.
Edmonton
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Fantastic service from the valet, to the front desk to the restaurant. I was in town for the Global Petroleum show and all of Calgary was at 100% capacity. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank UsuallyOnBusiness
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay during such a busy week. I’ve passed along your compliments to the team here, and we hope to see you back next time the Global Petroleum Show is in town!
Ayr, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2012

A better than average airport hotel. Very convenient - easy to access from the airport terminal via a connected walkway. Staff were very helpful & friendly. The room was nicely appointed and very quiet - good pillow selection. Nice T.V. with sleep timer. Working mini fridge and a good sized desk. There is a restaurant and pool but as this was just a stop over I did not use either,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris P
Thank you so much for your review! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in your room, and that you had everything available to you to help you feel at home. I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the team, and we look forward to having you back next time you’re stopping through!
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great place and right opposite Departures and Arrivals.

Great food and Great rooms.

My only criticism would be the pool area. In direct view of everyone, right in reception and no privacy at all. For this reason, I never used it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MiDziE
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your TripAdvisor review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your room, and the food – I’ve already sent your compliments to the Chef. The atrium-style pool is easily accessible, but being surrounded by windows allows lots of natural light. We also use a salt water system in the pool rather than chlorine. It’s never too busy, so it’s perfect for an early morning or evening swim. We hope to see you again next time you’re flying out!
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel might not be the cheapest but it is the nearest just across the road from the terminal. When you are really tired a day room is just what you need for a 10 hour layover. Very nice rooms and very comfortable beds, wifi in room and good tv. Had resturant as well as swimming pool if wished to use. Can recommend especially when it was minus 6 ans snow.

Room Tip: If you need room for hours instead of night ask for day room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank March1951
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your thorough review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy your short stay with us. We are perfect for a layover because you aren’t wasting your valuable time waiting for shuttles. We hope to see you next time you’re passing through!
Vancouver
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Not my best experience. I arrived at 2:45AM tired and ready for sleep only to be told my the front desk that they didn't have my reservation. This surprised me as my colleague had checked in just fine earlier in the day and my office had booked two rooms. The desk tried to look up my name but couldn't find it - I was told they had only five reservations waiting to check in and none of those names were even remotely close to mine. Regardless, they offered to set me up with a room and off I went. I was surprised to find the room to be extremely small and limited - I couldn't believe how much they were charging for what amounted to a closet with a bed in it! It was warm in the room so I put on the AC but it didn't seem to work very efficiently... even though it was below freezing outside which was odd. I'd be worried about it's efficiently in the summer. On the positive side, the bed was comfortable... the bathroom was adequate but nothing to get excited about. In the morning I was able to obtain my confirmation number and the desk found my reservation no problem - it was spelled with a SINGLE letter off - they couldn't believe the night person wouldn't figure that out. Anyways, that was frustrating but stuff happens. Either way, small room and issues getting in made this a Delta seemingly lacking in value. That being said, I will give it another chance sometime and maybe the second time will be better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BC_Cowboy
Thank you so much for this valuable feedback. I want to apologize about the experience you had when checking in. I can understand how frustrating that would be, and can assure you that I’ve followed up with the Front Office Manager to review alternative solutions and searches should this issue present itself again. This will eliminate any guests in the future having to deal with the same frustrations. I’m glad that you had a good sleep, given that you checked in at 2:45am I can only imagine how tired you were, and that the front office agent in the morning was able to retrieve your reservation. We look forward to seeing you the next time, and I have faith our team will provide you with a quality of service that is of Delta’s standards and expectations.