Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal
  • Breakfast included
$111
$89
1,095 results
All reviewscalgary airportnext morningan early morning flightcar hireair canadabetween flightslong flightconvenient locationrooms are smalllate arrivalfront desk staffan overnight stayindoor poolbit datedbed was comfortablestayed one nightchecking in
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I were taking two different flights out of town and in trying to make the logistics of this work, we decided to stay at the Delta Airport hotel. My husband had an early morning meeting at his destination for which he wanted to be fully rested. As it turned out, we both had the worst night ever at a hefty price. The room itself was fine (although the cold water tap leaked all over my makeup bag), but it was 88F (or more?) in the room and no way to cool it down. We called to have our television fixed (embarrassingly we didn’t notice it was unplugged) and to have the AC looked at. The staff member that they sent up was very friendly and attempted to help, but he said that the outside temperature was below minimum operating for AC. He agreed that it was very hot and he kindly brought us a fan, but it just didn’t do the trick. I am certainly not a heating specialist, but …. Is there no cold air intake to help cool the rooms in winter? Is there no way to cool the rooms down? We had very little sleep that night, actually sweating while we were lying down trying to sleep, and we even got dressed twice in the middle of the night to go outside to cool off. This is not the way a hotel of this caliber should operate. When I checked out the next morning, very tired and irritated, the desk person wanted to help make this better and offered a free breakfast (I just wanted out of the heat so I didn’t take her up on this) and free parking and a future upgrade (which I am pretty sure we won’t be taking). I am satisfied that the staff attempted to do what they could, but the hotel itself is not acceptable.

2  Thank HappyWebbie
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you very much for providing your feedback. I do apologize about the lack of cool air in your room resulting in an uncomfortable sleep. Our heating and cooling systems are activated based on the external temperature of the building. If it is below 15 degrees (Celsius) the heating system is activated, vice versa if the external temperature rises above 15 degrees. The issue we’ve been experiencing is that with the drastic changes in Calgary weather, in the fall and spring, our thermostat system can be delayed. That being said, we have been taking several proactive measures to try and combat this issue, such as, bringing the fan up to the room. I hope that you’ll allow us another opportunity to prove to you that we can provide you the comfort you deserve while you’re away from home.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Often stay here before an early morning flight however next month I will adjust my timing. Rooms are hot without air con. If you stay ask for an outside romm and if lucky you will get a room with a window you can open. Hope there is no jet nearby or you will get fumed out with jet fuel.

Room Tip: Outside room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. Because of the consistently changing temperature outside in Calgary in the Fall, our internal system can sometimes be delayed as it's automation is based on the external temperature of the building. We have recently implemented a few proactive measures to battle this issue in the future. Please let us know if you experience any problems on your next stay, and we’ll be sure to remedy the situation quickly to ensure your comfort. We hope to see you again soon, and look forward to your feedback on our proactive measures.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very practical for travelers in between flights but be careful which room you are given during cold winter months! I was once stuck in a room with a direct air circulation facing airport and was infused with cars fume and exhaust smell the whole night! You need a room with a direct outside window to get fresh air as some are communicating with pool without a possibility of real oxygen! Staff is nice!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cyndae2003
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback! I want to apologize about the quality of your stay, and let you know that we will be installing a product called PURE Rooms by the end of this year in some of our room types. These rooms will be completely hypo-allergenic with Hepa filters installed to ensure you always have fresh air by removing dust and other allergens from the room. We look forward to your feedback on these new room types next time you stay, and I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to the team!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We checked in around 1:20 a.m. and left at 6:30 a.m. in order to catch our flight!!
We found the concierge/luggage service to be excellent. The room was very comfortable and quiet considering it is located at the airport. Thank you Delta.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dolphinBangkok

Thank you for your outstanding TripAdvisor review! I’ll be sure to pass along your compliments to our Bell Desk Team. I’m glad that you enjoyed your very short stay, and hope to see you again next time (hopefully for more than a few hours)!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is ideally situated for any trip to Calgary. You can fall into bed after a flight as it is a short walk away from the airport, but you can get to downtown Calgary very easily either using regular, cheap public transport or taxis etc. Surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel and very little noise of any description. Two restaurants in the hotel which are ok, but if you just want a snack, it is only a short stroll back to the airport to the food court for a wide variety of choices. Excellent and free wifi, good rooms and sleep quality. Great business hotel, i will use it again

1  Thank seajay1111

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you had enjoyed your stay, and the convenience of our location. Public transit is readily accessible to downtown, the #300 Express is only $8, so it’s a great alternative for those who don’t want to pay a large fee for a taxi from the airport. We look forward to seeing you again soon!