“Perfect for layover”

Ranked #36 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
St. Louis MO
“Perfect for layover”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night while in transit from Houston to Tokyo. Perfect location! Friendly staff, quiet rooms, comfortable bed. No need to look elsewhere if this is what you need.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pachec
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! We’re glad you had a great stay, and hope the rest of your travels went smoothly. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Great hotel for being close to the terminal without having to get on a shuttle bus...very easy. Food in bar was pretty nice and the bed was very comfortable. Room was surprisingly quiet and front desk staff were very friendly..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelight33
Thank you for your review! I’m glad that you had enjoyed your stay, and the convenience of the Delta Calgary Airport kept your travels stress-free. We look forward to your next stay!
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Over the past month, I have travelled to or through Calgary several times for business. I have started to stay at the Delta Airport hotel, in part because it is so convenient. It is a walk across the airport to get to the hotel which means that early morning or late night flights are much more manageable. With the construction traffic in Calgary due to the closure of roads around the airport, this convenience has new value for me.
The hotel rooms are average but are clean, good sized, quiet. The hotel lounge for meals is fine but, like many hotel restaurants, over-priced for what is offered. Given that the hotel is so close to the airport, I prefer to get a coffee, fruit and muffin in the airport. Staff at the hotel have been CONSISTENTLY superb - polite, efficient, friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators, in the middle of the corridor. There is no view so either si...
1 Thank BCalm
Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I’m glad to see that the Delta Calgary Airport offers added value for you being located at the airport. I’ve passed along your fantastic comments to our Delta Team, and we look forward to your next visit.
Ontario
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I periodically stay at this hotel between flights for business.

At times you will pay a premium to stay on the airport property in this hotel, but depending on your schedule it could be money well-spent. I have stayed at a few of the airport-area hotels in Calgary, and the main advantage of this one is proximity to the terminal.

The rooms are small but adequate, and the gym is not the worst I've ever seen in a hotel. I didn't eat in the hotel, but I did spend a bit of time in the bar and it was good.

All-around I have never had a bad experience with this hotel.

1 Thank Stan_Cooper
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I’m glad that you see huge value in our location, and hope that you’ll get to try the outstanding cuisine in one of our three outlets during your next stay. We hope to see you again soon, and appreciate your positive feedback.
Tarnowskie Gory, Poland
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I booked using a popular name your own price booking site and paid $9X/nt. Upon arrival we were told of the extra fees that we have to pay, ie/ parking $36 per nt, pet fee $35/stay.

We checked in our hallway was filled with a smoke stench which was unusual as they have a no smoking policy and upon checkin emphasized the rules for having a dog in the hotel. They should make smokers sign the same form.

Anyways, I went to the front desk and said something the lady was very helpful and moved our rooms and did what she could to make us happy. She was very friendly and helped me feel a lot better about the situation (we have 2 travellers that have Asthma).

Long story short, the hotel is convenient to the airport literally 10 meters from it. The lady at the front desk I believe her name starts with an A. Is the best thing the hotel has going on she is super friendly and helped us when we were very upset about our room.

I would book here if you missed your flight and do not care to see calgary and have no car.

Room Tip: Higher up is the best ask for a newly renovated room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. I understand your concern regarding the additional charges; however, parking and pet fees are common additional costs for any hotel. Although it seemed expensive, the parking through the Delta Calgary Airport is quite affordable when compared to alternative airport parking options through YYC.

I want to apologize for the smoke you had experienced in the hallways. I can assure you that we do not allow smoking in our building, and I’ve followed up with the front desk on the proper procedures for this type of incident. I’m glad that they were able to provide an appropriate solution by moving you and your family to another room. I’m also glad that, once you had moved rooms, everyone was comfortable. I hope that despite this isolated incident that we will see you again soon, and have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed here before flying to Mexico and am happy to say some rooms have queen size beds now. Beds were very comfortable.
Bathroom and bath tub are incredibly tiny but toiletries are wonderful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lamd98
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I’m glad that you were able to get a comfortable sleep before your trip down to Mexico. Although our bathtubs may have seemed small they are standard size, but I’m glad that you had enjoyed the June Jacob bathroom amenities. I hope that you had a fantastic time enjoying the sun in Mexico. We hope to see you again next time you’re heading out on vacation!
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2012

The staff here make the biggest difference. I do stay here often, and they remember. They greet you by name making you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Right at the airport, easy access, surprisingly quiet for an airport hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for your TripAdvisor review! I’m so glad to hear that our team makes a point of making you feel at home when you stay at the Delta Calgary Airport. I’ll definitely pass along our outstanding comment to everyone, and we look forward to your next stay!