“Flight Cancellation Turned Positive” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Halifax
“Flight Cancellation Turned Positive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I didn't plan to stay at the Airport in Calgary, I was going through to Banff but a flight delayed by 10 hours made this impossible. I was exhausted when I arrived at 1:05 am. I was greeted by great service and a very convenient location attached to the airport - no shuttle required. I had a quick swim in the morning and was feeling more human by the minute. Then a pleasant reasonably priced buffet breakfast ($12.95 compared with $27.00 in many hotels for the same thing) and I was on my way after checking out with another very pleasant desk person. I liked the unusual (for a hotel) layout of the room with the bed facing the window and a sofabed facting the TV wall. It made it feel more homey just because every hotel in the world puts the beds perpendicular to the door. The only slight disappointment was the smallish Fitness Centre. The pool are was lovely, though.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Caimonh
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! I’m a little bit glad that your flight got cancelled, only because it was such a pleasure having you stay with us. I hope that you had a good nights sleep and enjoyed your “home away from home”. I trust that the rest of your travels went off without a hitch, and hope that you’ll come stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay here. It is just by the airport within a 5 minute walk from arrivals. Highly convenient for airport users.

We were put up here by BA as we missed our flight connection due to our first flight being delayed. So my comments are based on the fact that we stayed for free!

Great quality room with two King size bed. Clean & very comfortable.

Staff very helpful & friendly.

Breakfast was good quality with plenty of choice.

If I ever had to stay in Calgary near the airport I'd return here with pleasure.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Claire11111
Thank you very much for your outstanding review! It’s great to hear that British Airways accommodated you by choosing the Delta Calgary Airport, and that you had such a pleasant experience. I hope that the rest of your travels went well, and will pass on your positive comments about the breakfast to our Chef. We will look forward to your next visit to Canada, and hope that you get a chance to stay with us again.
calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Big plus this hotel is right at the airport, so you need only check out of your room and walk into the terminal.
Cable was out from 4 pm to 9 pm, but they gave us an upgrade to a suite.
The kids loved the swimming pool, but the depth of the hot tub made getting in and out awkward.
The food at the coffee shop was excellent quality and farily priced.

Only draw back...it looks like the hotel was built in th 1970's... but it has been well updated.

Room Tip: when you consider the cost of the cab, and the inconveninece to drive to and from the airport, this...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 123happy
Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m glad that we were able to actively solve any issues that had arisen during your stay, and am glad to hear that your family was comfortable throughout their stay. I have passed along your comments regarding the hot tub to our engineering team to troubleshoot as you raise a very valid point. I also want to apologize for the cable outage that happened during your stay even though my team did a wonderful job of ensuring that you were properly accommodated during that disruption. I hope that you had a fantastic holiday, and we look forward to your return.
Norfolk Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

The location is very convenient for layovers or for early morning departures or late evening arrivals. There even was a ticket kiosk in the lobby. Being a Delta Hotel, one can trust that the rooms will be great and one will receive the normal services of a 4 star property. The front desk staff was very professional.
The lounge offered a good selection of various meals. If you are travelling into Calgary there is no need to hire a taxi, Calgary Transit has a 4 buses an hour departing the airport that will get you anywhere in Calgary, the cost is either $2.75 for the local route or $8.00 direct route to downtown.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NavyGuy337
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. I'm glad that we were able to kick-start your vacation right! I'm happy to hear that our staff were professional, and were able to assist you in finding a boarding pass print center to keep you organized before your flight. Also, thank you for posting about transit options from the airport. For any guests that have read this review, transit options are easy from the airport, and taxis can be quite expensive, stop by our front desk and they'll be able to assist you in getting where you need to go. Hope you had an outstanding vacation, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Banff, Alberta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

The location is very convenient for a layover in Calgary. Unfortunately the room smelled so bad like jet fuel I was nauseous and checked out very early to get out of the stink.
The heater in the room came on every 15 minutes and was so loud it was hard to sleep.
Ate dinner at the restaurant in the hotel which had good service. Friendly server, tasty, fresh food.

The bed was comfortable on a positive note, if it had not smelled so bad and been so loud it would be better

Room Tip: I stayed in room 325 not sure if all rooms smell like an airplane and are so noisy
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lillytail
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Thank you for your review! I’m glad that you had a positive experience in our restaurant, and thank you for your positive comments on our beds. It is unfortunate that there was a smell in the room which kept you from getting a good night’s sleep. I understand that the smell of jet fumes can be extremely nauseating and bothersome, and I apologize that your room was not scent free upon arrival. I can assure you that we are always active in assuring that our rooms are fresh, and although we are at the airport, the scents of jet fumes are rare. I hope that you will come back in the future so we can provide you with our outstanding service, a fresh room, and a sound sleep.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

We arrived in Calgary very late at night and could not check into our apartment until the next morning. This is great because it is attached to the airport so we didn't even have to worry about a rental car until the next morning. The front desk staff was very nice and gave our little guys each a toy to keep. The room itself was a bit small but beds were comfortable. They also accept pets for a fee which was great because we had our small dog with us. The pool was a good temperature and the kids enjoyed that too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank HMTY
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for your overview of the Delta Calgary Airport. I’m glad that you, and your family enjoyed your stay. I’m also happy that we were able to accommodate your furry family member! It’s important when you’re away from home that your family, pets included, have a comfortable stay. I hope you had a great trip, and look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

The forecast was for up to 30 cm of snow so we decided to head to the airport the night before. Staff at the Delta was very friendly and professional. We were checked in and up to our room within minutes (and before the check-in time). The room was nice and quiet. The wireless internet worked great. Our room on the 6th floor wasn't renovated but everything looked great - only difference we noted was an older style tv. We enjoyed being able to cruise the airport in the evening to get some exercise, scope out where our gate was, etc. Close and convenient and you don't even have to go outside to get to the airport!

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor and our room faced east - the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timetraveler42
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thank you for the outstanding review! I’m glad that you decided to dodge the stress of commuting in the snow, it felt like the snow was never ending! Although there are some rooms which have a TV of a larger scale, we are gradually updating them to panel flat-screen TV’s. I hope that you had safe travels wherever you were headed to (hopefully somewhere warm), and we look forward to you staying with us next time.