“Very convenient and well priced” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal

Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Very convenient and well priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

We live in Calgary but stayed at the Delta Airport because it would save time in the morning for our early morning flight and was not so much more expensive than the taxi fare.

We didn't notice the noise from airplanes and the bed was comfortable. That was all we really cared about. We accidently overslept but because we were a short walk to the check in desks at the airport and checkout from the hotel was a breeze, we were not late for our flights.

We will definitely stay again for an early morning flight. But next time, we will arrange for a wake up call.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank artslover
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
We’re happy you chose Delta Calgary Airport as your Stop-Over hotel on the way out of town, there is nothing more convenient than a two-minute walk to your check-in gate on the morning of an early flight. We hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Korean first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

This airport hotel wasn't on our itinerary, but when our plane developed an engine fault we finally ( after waiting over five hours ) were deplaned and went across the orad to the Delta. It was 4am, we, and dozens of other passengers were tired, cross and totally fed-up. The front desk staff were cheerful, friendly and efficient, even when I was so tired I could hardly print my name for their register. And the beds - the most comfortable ever. I guess they're used to people wanting rooms at odd hours, but they were helpful too later when we needed to keep the room on, and for travel companions who wanted a late late meal that evening (our replacement flight was due to go at midnight).
The all-day breakfast really was all day, and the soundproofing for the rooms was excellent - not always the case with airport hotels. Next time I'm in Calgary I might just book in for arrival and departure.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Being an Airport Hotel, we do see the "occasional" flight delay and realize that those guests may have just arrived in our Lobby at 4am, but they were most likely waiting in the Airport or on a plane for hours before coming over to the hotel. With this in mind our Night Team works hard to ensure we can room our guests as quickly, efficiently and courteously as possible. Delays can be hell; we are happy to help you forget about that while at the Delta Calgary Airport - Thank you for the great feedback.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2011

Had a meeting with the airport authorities in the morning, so this was a perfect location. The check in people was very welcoming. The room was clean and had a large surface to work, so this was very practical. The high speed internet was working fine. The decor was in tones of brown which is not my favourite, however, not a concern for one night. I liked the proximity to the airport. I walked a few times to the airport to have dinner, buy a book and go to the pharmacy. The proximity to the airport was not a concern with the quality of my sleep. Did not get a complimentary newspaper in the morning. Had a fantastic complimentary breakfast however in the hotel's dinner room. All in all, I was pleased with my stay for this type of hotels and would return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank-you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased that you had a good experience and that our facilities met your needs. Very sorry you did not receive a complimentary newspaper, we do provide one every day, with the exception of Sundays and Holidays. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Western Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I had a 6 hour layover in Calgary and wanted a better sleep than the airport bench.
Nice, quick, friendly guy working the night shift. Room clean and comfortable and the rate was ok @ $135.00. Bathroom a bit small by today's standards otherwise the hotel filled my need. Would do it again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
We were pleased to be of service to you, we offer convenience, being so close to the Airport, but we always strive to make every guest stay an enjoyable one, even the brief stays…where you sleep for most of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

We arrived late and tired and hungry from our trip to Mexico and were so pleased with the friendly staff at the desk and especially Charlie, for making us a great meal, just before they were to close in maybe a half an hour. We were ready for some real comfort food after eating at the buffets while away. Thanks! Charlie and the cook for the special sandwiches you made for us that were not on the menu!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank moonchild2025
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, June 13, 2011
Thank-you for taking the time to recognize our team members, I will be sure to pass your kind words along to them. As wonderful as the food buffets can be when you’re on vacation, it’s always nice to come home to something simple and made to your personal preferences. We were happy to be able to accommodate your request and look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Warman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

The Delta Calgary Airport does a very good job for a quick stay either on a layover or business meeting. I stayed one night for a meeting in the hotel. I flew in, ate at the airport stayed and the airport, had meetings at the airport and flew out of ... you guessed it ... the airport.

The room was smallish, but not cramped. The bathroom was also smallish but well appointed. Everyone was friendly and helpful and everything was clean from the rooms, to the elevator to the lobby.

Best part - the bed and pillows were VERY comfortable.

Only bad thing - the pool/hot tub and in the lobby beside the meeting rooms. And when I say beside, I actually mean in the lobby, no barrier, nothing. I wouldn't go there because I would feel on display, I wouldn't take my kids there because normal play would feel too loud for me. With that being said - I doubt very much if a pool is a deciding factor for anyone staying here.

TIP - (The beef ribs at the Montana's in the terminal are the best I have ever had!)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank nsc_in_sk
DeltaCalgaryAirport, Manager at Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Thank-you for the feedback on your recent stay, we were pleased to have been a part of your “Airport” experience. Our Delta Sanctuary beds are a great place to lay your head after a long day of traveling or meetings, it would be our pleasure to have one waiting for you the next time you’re in Calgary. On your next stay with us, we hope you will give our North 51 Steakhouse a try and share your feedback on our fantastic menu…we’re sure you’ll be blown away. We look forward to welcoming you back to Delta Calgary Airport.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed in the hotel for just one night after missing a flight connection so the airline booked me in. Overall a pretty average stay but welcome after a long 12 hr flight. There was only a room wtih two double beds but it was comfortable. The room was standard size and a bit worn around the edges but it did the job.

My only complaint was that I ordered breakfast the night before and hung the card outside, asking for it between 5:45 and 6 am. By 6 am it had not arrived and I had to go to catch my flight so I had to cancel it at the front desk. The clerk apologized and cancelled the $11 of internet charges but I still was not impressed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ron H
Thank-you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is always beneficial to hear the voice of our guests, as it helps us to better evaluate our service. I do apologize that your breakfast order was not delivered on time; that is certainly not acceptable. This concern has been brought to the attention of our Food and Beverage Team for follow-up and to ensure it will not happen again. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Delta Calgary Airport and offer you a guest experience more in keeping with the high standards we strive to achieve.