“WOW! What a room!!”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #14 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
“WOW! What a room!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Ok... so my partner went to Calgary for one reason. We drove from Vancouver via Whistler, Kamloops, Jasper and Banff and need a place to get a cheap and direct flight to SFO. Calgary was that place.
We arrived in Calgary and noticed that there clearly wasn't a whole lot to do here. We made our way to the hotel and quickly checked our bags before returning our hire car to the airport.
We were given our key (earlier than check in time allowed which was much appreciated and at no extra charge). We were on the 16th floor (top floor and only thing above us was the pool and gym). We walked into the room and our jaws dropped! This room was huge! We had only booked a Standard 1 x King bed room and this was not what we were expecting. There were hallways in this room. The hotel room was so spacious, the bed was a true King bed and storage space was out of this world for a hotel. The bathroom was private, out of the way and gave plenty of room for two people.
The catch: there really isn't much to do in Calgary, but thats no fault of the hotel. Fortunately for us, the weekend we were there, the Calgary Marathon was being run, so that was a bit of fun to be part of the festivities. From the hotel, only a small walk away is the river. Go for a walk along the river tracks and relax. Calgary seems like a place you could relax. Coming from a city like Melbourne, Australia - Calgary is more like a country town. Go there and enjoy it for what it is.

Room Tip: While our room was fantastic, it was evident that we were situated underneath the swimming pool. At...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Burlington, ON
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Downtown Calgary can be expensive in the summer...kept a watch on prices, they declined as my trip got closer. Very nice spot - $40 from the airport and 5 minute walk to Bankers Hall. Its close to Centre Street promeande which is lively at night. The Hotel Bar was lively. Well equipped Gym. Starbucks is in the Marriott next door.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CDNtraveller66
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was amazed by the guest services at this hotel. By far the best, staff were friendly, and extremely helpful. They always went above and beyond what I was expecting. The beds are huge and extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are big, but the bathtubs seem slightly dated. The entire room (including bathroom) is very clean. I am picky about cleanliness and found that it was beyond my standards. The pool is small but great for laps. I feel the pool could have been cleaner. The hot tub was too hot but the sauna was great. The hotel is also located in a great area, steps away from the Calgary Tower and right on Stephen Ave which offers many great restaurants. The restaurants in the hotel are also great and I suggest visiting them. I will visit again in July, and cannot wait.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear TaraM88,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback in regards to your stay. We are delighted that you have exceptional experiences with our Guest Services team and that we exceeded your room cleanliness standards. We are also thankful we were in a location that was very convenient for your needs. We appreciate your comments in regards to the pool and assure you this area is being addressed.

Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. We hope to have you back soon and if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just returned from staying at the hotel. I paid over $480 for the night and I feel robbed. The hotel is dated. Rooms are average. View was terrible: overlooked the roof of another building and skid row. I needed to use business centre. The stapler never worked and I brought it to their attention and the next day the broken stapler was not replaced. I asked them where I could get a starbucks coffee. They directed me to another hotel across the street. As I am walking through the Hyatt I noticed they wee serving coffee in their own coffee shop! I pointed out to the taff working the desk that they should know what they serve in their coffee shop not more than 50 feet away.

No complimentary breakfast. I di not even rate a newspaper even though there were papers in front of a number of the rooms. I guess that is extra.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear KoshertravelerCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay. I was disappointed to hear that you encountered several issues during your stay, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. Rest assured, I have shared your comments with our management team and will ensure we follow up appropriately.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss further or if I may be of any assistance.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was a lovely hotel and close to some very good restaurants. Will come back very good value for the price. The front end staff were very quick to help. Great location in the downtown core.

Thank your for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

We had our second stay here recently and my original thoughts on this hotel were confirmed. Parking is great, front desk, efficient and helpful, rooms, while nothing spectacular are comfortable and well appointed, pool and fitness area are fantastic, lounge is very welcoming with exceptional staff and of course the location is the best in the city. My new go-to hotel in Calgary.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Nick F, Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Greetings Brucean,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very thankful you enjoyed your recent stay with us and now is your go to hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon. All the best.

Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Hyatt Calgary is the best location and a great stay to experience Calgary hospitality!
Great Views! Great people! Great Food! Gorgeous artwork in the common areas!!
First class!! I highly reason recommend!! Ask about promos and special rates...they always have specials going on

• Stayed June 2014
Greetings,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are very thankful you enjoyed your recent stay with us and enjoyed the views, people, and food at the hotel. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again soon.