“Overall good, but pricey”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Toronto
“Overall good, but pricey”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The staff at the Hyatt in Calgary are phenonmenal. The price for what you get room wise... a little high. I was expecting more for the price. The beds were comfortable, but the sheets were not out of this world. If you do not upgrade to the Regency Club, internet is extra. The rooms looks wise are okay... they didn't blow me away.

Hotel is in the perfect location, you can walk everywhere! If you do not like walking, the hotel is right beside the train (free in the downtown area).

The pool was lovely and the steam room fantastic. Great views of the city and nice and peaceful and quiet.

The Regency upgrade was worth it for sure, the snacks and breakfast were fantastic.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sara V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was in Calgary for work and decided to split my time between the Le Germain Calgary and the Hyatt. I've stayed at the Hyatt several times before and had always enjoyed the experience. The latest stay was as good as ever. I really like this hotel. It's got a great vibe as soon as you enter the very beautiful lobby. My room was very comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit on the small side compared to many new luxury hotels, but it's perfectly adequate. The bed is comfortable and I had a beautiful view on a high floor. The fitness facilities are excellent with a terrific pool near the top of the hotel with a great view of the city. There's a new coffee shop/treat shop in the lobby that was very good. I've always had at least one meal in the lobby restaurant and did so again this time. The restaurant is a little bit pricey, but the food is good, and the staff are friendly. The lobby lounge gets very busy at the end of the business day. Staff here are very friendly and helpful. If you want to travel to one of the large malls in the city there's an above-ground train right around the corner, and you're also right on Stephen Avenue, a nice strip for walking, shopping and eating.

Room Tip: Ask for a city/mountain view.
1 Thank mikeymaki
Houston
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After a couple of very good experiences staying at Hyatt hotels with my family, I decided to try the Hyatt Regency Calgary on a short business trip earlier this week. The welcome at check-in was very hospitable, with a personal touch, and I was pleased to get a room upgrade as I am a Gold Rewards member. The room itself was wonderful - a suite on the 20th floor with living room and bedroom. It was extremely quiet, even though the hotel is in the heart of downtown. Another benefit was breakfast in the Regency Club on the 18th floor - a small but comfortable place to have breakfast the following morning. There is more than one restaurant choice in the hotel but I decided on the oyster bar at street level. I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank angloinusa
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt on a recent business trip and have to say it most disapointing.

Met coworkers for cocktails in the lounge, the service was jarring. As I waited at the bar for service, the bar keep glared at me and asked me "what my problem was". I requested a drink and a menu, to which I was informed cooly that my server would be right with me. When our server Cheryl did arrive she came across quite abrasive and slightly obnoxious. She was asked how her day was, she snapped "do I know you" this was off putting for us. I would expect this type of response from a server in a beer parlour and most certainley at a Hyatt property. In addition to this, out appie platter was served undercooked, which Cheryl did make right.

Wanted to contact the general manager to provide this feedback directly, when I asked a hotel employee who the GM was the response from a high profile employee was "I think its Herb"

Housekeeping is on point and the property is very clean, service in the lounge just plain requires a employee make over. This is after all, the hospitality industry.

I usually stay at the Delta when in Calgary on business, and will continue staying at the Delta.

1 Thank DOUG B
Edmonton
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I visited Calgary for an overnight visit and we wanted to be located downtown and the Hyatt Regency looked like a great choice. At check in, we were greeted by a very friendly and thorough front desk agent "Aileen" I think her name was. After we were welcomed to the property she ushered us right to the elevator and gave us a proper orientation to the property. We didn't get the chance to try out some of the restaurants, but my wife did try the Spa and she came back extremely satisfied with the level of care and service she received from the staff. It's the little things that also make a big difference. Each time I picked up the phone or had something brought to our room, I was greeted by name and always with friendly service. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Imbatman
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have stayed here for 1 night when we arrived in Canada. The hotel is located very conveniently in the city center. The hotel itself looks great on the in- and outside, staff was friendly but there was a bit of a distance. It didn't really bother me as I was only there for one night.
The room was clean and of a decent size, so was the bathroom. Windows couldn't open, that was too bad because I like fresh air in my bedroom. There is free wifi in the rooms.
I didn't eat in the hotel so can't tell anything about that.
Overall, nice hotel for business and leisure and very well located in the center of Calgary. Would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MazouV
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Last week I stayed at the Hyatt in Calgary for business. I have recently stayed in Pure rooms at other hotels and was now aware that all Hyatts have them so I booked one here.
Again, I had a great nights sleep and woke up feeling ready for a run along the Bow River. Also this time, there were special hypo-allergenic soaps and shampoos. Nice touch.
Had lunch at the restaurant (forget the name) but was really good. I had the steak sandwich... Filling and tasty.
VERY nice people at checkin.
I had stayed there a while back and they remembered me (or at least made me feel that way).
Great place to stay.