“Teachers Convention 2013”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Room was excellent! Very clean and comfortable. Food was also great! Thomsons restaurant was awesome. Although the cost seems high, you are in downtown Calgary where everything is expensive. Close to other restaurants in area. Even went to the A&W around the corner for breakfast and coffee. Staff are very good. Although be aware of Valet Parking! When we went to pick up our vehicle, they did not have the type of vehicle written down so they tried and spent 30 minutes walking in the parking lot trying to open the vehicle with the auto key opener. Unfortunately, the opener was for a different vehicle. After telling them that, we explained what our vehicle had our business name written on the window, they were able to locate. That was only complaint of entire stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gary H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The service at this hotel is awesome- they truly go above and beyond to make sure you're well taken care of. Room was clean, but quite basic for the price and we could hear the train going by all night (we were on the 6th floor, facing west). The food was great - we are catered when we go there. It was above all great, but the rooms could be 'fancier' considering the price of the place.

Room Tip: Go with rooms facing east if you want peace and quiet.
1  Thank DANICOLI
Reviewed February 25, 2013

First night the room was too hot. I complained and the staff sent an engineer to the room while I was away and reported that the temerature control was set the lowest temperature. While that was a true statement, it did not resolve the issue. Another call and I was moved to a much cooler room where the everthing worked fine.The gym was nice.I still hate paying for internet services when I pay that much for the room.The staff was very friendly and appoligized for the troubles with the temperature.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was very nice, which was to be expected for the price. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant downstairs was the nicest I've ever seen. The pumpkin pancakes and goat cheese and zuccini frittata were my favorites

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear terry_brent,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hyatt Regency Calgary. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our fantastic breakfast in Thomsons Restaurant. Please come back again soon to visit.

Best,
Herb Rackliff

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I recently stayed one night at the Hyatt as I was there for a conference. The service is very good at this hotel. We had a room that included access to the Regency Club room. The included appetizers in the evening were great and the continental breakfast was excellent. The only negative was the pillows, so if that is important to you, you might want to bring your own.

1  Thank klownt
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Was in Calgary for a convention! All of the staff were amazing and took really good care of us. The rooms have been updated, our bed very comfy. Walk to pretty much everything and is on the Stevens St Mall.

Dear Soudini,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel for your recent convention and that our staff took great care of you. Please come back again soon to visit.

Regards,
Herb Rackliff

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall decent stay at the Hyatt Regency in Calgary. Had to stay one night for business and chose this based on location over anything else. Hotel is starting to look a little dated (not too bad) but there were areas in my room that were in need of some repair...namely the bathroom. Hotel staff were focused on upselling EVERYTHING. Upon check in my clerk asked me about 3-4 things that I could pay for to get a better experience....need to dial down the pushy guys. I had internet included as part of my room fee and they still charged me for it on my bill (no one reviewed it). When I brought it to their attention they fixed it but the nickel and dime mentality continues. If you connect more than one device you will get an additional $15 a day charge so be aware. Also got charged for being in a "clean room" where Hyatt has taken extra care to clean the room for allergies ect. Was not explained to me clearly at the time of check in so had to pay another $20 for that....

Room Tip: If they offer you a "hypo-allergetic" room be sure to find out what it will cost you...I g...