“Another Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #15 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Blaine, Washington
“Another Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

As always really enjoyed my stay here. Centrally located good and efficient staff. Great gym and pool. Rooms are comfortable as are the beds. Was on the regency floor and enjoyed access to the regency club. Only thing I don't like about this property is the lobby just a little cold and non "luxury" feel about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MTCB
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear MTCB,

Thank you so much for your recent review. We appreciate your selection of our hotel for your stay and are glad that you enjoyed Regency Club, Health Club and the rooms. We look forward to you visiting again soon.

Best,
Herb Rackliff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had two nights at the Hyatt booked and after the first night we decided to stay else where. We had two Queen beds for our family of 4. The beds seemed old as there was a dip in the center of the mattresses, and we kept rolling into the dip. The hot water took a full 5 minutes to reach our shower, The room was okay, but nothing really special. I liked the view of the city and the location, but there are many other places I would rather stay. The pool was small and the hot tub shallow, And on our way back to our room our key card decided not to work. We got a good rate on the room, but everything else adds up like parking, paying for wifi, and even a $3.50 can of pop from the mini bar seemed excessive. There are many other 3 star hotels that rated better in my mind then this!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear BrienenS,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay. It was disappointing to hear that you encountered some issues during your stay, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. I would like to offer an apology for any inconvenience you experienced as a result. I have shared your comments with our management team and will ensure we follow up appropriately.

We pride ourselves on delivering quality service and products to our guests, but in your case we fell short of this goal. I hope you can view this as an isolated incident and allow us the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Toronto
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed a night here in November 2012....the hotel is in a great location, walking distance to excellent restaurants, nightlife and the Calgary tower. The bar/restaurant is really lovely and serve a great lunch and Sunday brunch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear travelhappyincanada,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Calgary. I am glad that you were able to enjoy not only our hotel but the many fine establishments that are so very close to us. Please join us again soon.

Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a frequent hotel user, I recently switched to the Hyatt Regency in Calgary, Alberta and I am very happy that I did. This hotel is clean, beds are comfortable and room is quiet. In downtown Calgary it is a beautiful place where you can get a good meal and have a great sleep.
Customer Service was excellent from check in to exit and being a Diamond Gold Passport member, it was great to be recognized and provided with an upgraded room. I have eaten in both the Catch and Thompson restaurants and highly recommend both for the food, service and attention to detail. It is rare that you can combine a great hotel experience with great dining offers as well.

Room Tip: No plus 15 direct to the hotel so if you are here in the winter bring appropriate clothes for the co...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mike S,

Thank you for making the change to Hyatt and staying with us at Hyatt Regency Calgary. I am happy to hear that you are pleased with the switch and look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel. We have a great property and wonderful staff that I’m sure will turn into a second home for you. See you again soon.

Regards,
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was overall pleased with this hotel. a) it has a really great location. b) You can find some very good deals considering what you get.

Upon entering the room you certainly feel you're entering a upper class hotel. Considering I picked the lowest priced suite available I was absolutely shocked at how nice it was. The king bed was magnificent and the bedding was top notch. The room was fairly large and felt very modern.

The bathroom was also quite nice in size and had everything you can expect from a 4 star hotel, this is however where they lost a star from me. The plumbing was VERY quirky and upon trying to use the hot water in the taps it started sputtering violently for quite some time. The same thing happened when I turned on the bath, however it spat out a rusty looking water before clearing itself. I really should deduct more stars for this reason, however the unit itself was beautiful so I felt it did still deserve a high rating, however they really should check their plumbing.

The building itself is top notch and you do feel quite grand upon entering the main hall, the staff were superb and helped at every opportunity given.

**** If you're booking in this hotel I would HIGHLY recommend you call in to do so and SPECIFICALLY ask for a room with a decent view. My room had huge beautiful windows and I was situated on one of the higher floors, however I was overlooking what seemed to be a "lower complex" or other shops etc I assume, it was pretty rubbish, I wish I remembered which direction it was. I would specifically ask for a room with a better view if they have availability.

Since this is quite a nice hotel, I do intend to stay here again if the deal presents itself. Remember to sign up for their rewards program(free) prior to booking so you can get the points. If you don't like it, don't return, if you do, you now have bonus points. :)

Very good value for what you get. =)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location , walking distance to restaurants , shopping , the museum . The room was clean , very well maintained and light .
The pool , sauna and gym are excellent and have a lovely view of Calgary .
Some attention to soundproofing rooms would be a good idea - a "loved up " threesome living the dream in the room next door were just that bit too close and vocal for comfort .
The staff members were generally good although not particularly attentive . For example a concierge booked a minibus to take us from the hotel to the airport - we got to reception just prior to the pickup time only to be told that the bus had come early and left early and no one bothered to let us know - the staff member was all a bit " yeah whatevs .... " and there was a lengthy wait for the next bus .
In spite of this up ( and providing you bring your earplugs) a good choice .

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank happycamper014
Ottawa
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We went there last year to visit our son who worked there as an intern student. The hotel location is excellent, right in downtown with walking distance to Chinatown. So, if you don't want eat in the hotel, you can just walk about to Chinatown or the nearby restaurants for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

The hotel itself has a beautiful lobby. The room we got was quite spacious and is a typical Hyatt room. However, I developed allergy reaction (likely to dust since I felt quite itchy on my skin). I also found a hair on the bathtub which I didn't like to see (see photo). The bathroom inside just indicates to me the hotel is not new. I didn't have a good sleep (because I had to scratch my skin whole night long).

Check-in and check-out was quite fast. The service was good. I was asked how my stay was and I told him I had allergy reaction to dust. He told me to ask for the room that accommodates guest with allergy reaction on my next visit. I will certainly do that. Other than that, a good hotel with nice decoration and service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple