Hyatt Regency Calgary
$134
$130
$120
$101
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$226
$147
$158
$132
Sheraton.com
$199
$140
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$119
Agoda.com
$157
$99
1,665 results
All reviewssandstone loungestephen avenuegreat hotelheart of downtownglenbow museumconvention centerc traincorner roomself parkingsteam roomstampede groundsroom keybusiness hotelcentral locationhotel staffbusiness tripunderground parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The room and the people at the Hyatt Regency are just lovely. We went for a weekend stay and loved the room which was spacious; the beds were comfy; the bathroom was spacious too. No faults on that front at all. We were a little disappointed at check in as we had rung ahead about getting adjoining rooms and were told that we would be able to do this at check in and it wouldn't be a problem but when we arrived; all adjoining rooms had been assigned. We were concerned that our rooms were quite close to the elevators and they couldn't move us anywhere else in the hotel where our rooms could be next door to each other but I have to say our fears over the rooms being noisy were unjustified as the room was very well sound proofed and we weren't troubled by any noise from the elevators at all. They had a promotion which allowed us to get free wifi which we accepted and as they had not be able to accommodate our room requests they gave us a late check out at no cost. All seemed great but then there were the hiccups. Number one - don't keep your room key close to your cell phone as it will de-magnetize it. I lost count the number of times that we had to go back and get our keys reactivated as they had stopped working - it was a little annoying and it would have been a good idea if they had informed us about the cell phone situation and the key at check in. On one of the visits on the Saturday when the keys were getting reactivated again, I happened to mention to them that we had a late check out. They looked at my hotel record and despite being told this had been set up at check in, there was no record of that at the front desk. They fixed it but then they needed all the keys back to activate them to work until 3:00 pm. Then we go the hotel bill which included the cost of the wifi - which should have been free - which they fixed; then when we went back to the room at 2:15 pm on our last day to change we discovered our keys did not work again (neither of which had been kept close to a phone)..... so it was back to reception to get them reactivated - my guess was something went wrong with them because of the late check out. So as I said, there were a few hiccups and every concern was dealt with efficiently but it did start to get a little bit annoying to have to keep going to the front desk to get things sorted or re-sorted. I don't think I've ever been at a front desk so often - normally it's just at check in :) That doesn't take away from the quality of the hotel room but it did make me question whether one half knew what the other half were doing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Blebsie
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just spent two nights at the Hyatt on business. This is a lovely property! My room was on the 20th floor overloooking the Saddle Dome &some of downtown. The rooms are spacious, clean, had a comfortable working space, free coffee, a large bright bathroom, and I would like to know what air freshener they use because my room smelled lovely!

The propert also offers great dining options. We loved the Sandstone Lobby Bar. Cozying up by the fire with some wine & appetizers. Thomsons offered a wonderful breakfast buffet, and although I didn't have a chance to eat there, I hear Catch is one of Calgary's best restaurants.

The hotel is located on a very quaint street with many great restaurants and a mall nearby. We ate at Centini and Saltlik and both were fantastic. The hotel is attached to the convention centre which makes it a great spot to stay if you have an event there.

My only suggestion would be to provide complimentary bottled water in every room.

I will definitely book here again if I find myself in Calgary.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TOAdventureGirl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent from top to bottom. Loved the front desk girls for their hospitality. The food from room service was excellent even though it was midnight before I got settled in my room. The skyline was very impressive as well. I would stay there again. The downtown location was very handy.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank SaskOilMan
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel is very centrally located for our needs--as we were without a car for the 4 days in Calgary, and dependant on taxis or family to get around. Great suite with comfortable beds and a small sitting room. We had dinner in the lobby restaurant the first night which was very good, and found the service throughout the hotel to be great. The pool is clean and has great views of the city as you swim!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Hogtownmike
Reviewed October 25, 2012

PROS:

- Modern, spacious rooms
- Excellent service! They go above and beyond to make you feel welcome.
- Hyatt Club breakfast is good compare to other chains

CONS:

- No free wi-fi
- I had a free room but would assume prices can be high for this property

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MarcRoy