Hyatt Regency Calgary
$157
$92
$86
1,703 results
All reviewssandstone loungestephen avenuegreat hotelheart of downtownglenbow museumconvention centerc traincorner roomself parkingsteam roomstampede groundsroom keybusiness hotelcentral locationhotel staffbusiness tripunderground parking
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We booked this hotel online and it was very clean and comfortable. This is the first time I stayed at this hotel and I learned then that it is a busy hotel. As far as our accomodations I have absolutely no complaints and will happily use this hotel again. Having a pool, exercise room, hot tub and sauna are all bonus that makes it better. But I judge a hotel on cleanliness and comfort and if it doesn't have those all the bonus things don't matter. This hotel, like I said above, met
my requirements in regards to what I look for.
1 negative for me, but I hear this is typical for all of Calgary, is the cost of overnight parking. It cost $35.00 for 1 night parking at this hotel and that amount is the most that I have ever
spent for parking at a hotel ever, anywhere I stayed. that was a big negative for me.

Michael.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MichaelSaw58
ManagementHRC, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Calgary, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Michael,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent first time visit to Hyatt Regency Calgary. I am glad to hear that we met your requirements in cleanliness and comfort. Unfortunately Calgary is known for its high parking costs that rival and exceed many US cities due to high demand and limited availability in the downtown core. We do have limited parking availability at the hotel, self-parking is $25 per day and valet is $35 per day. Please do come back to Calgary to visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed in the Regency Club room. Room was on the 18th floor and had a great view of city. Good garage parking. Hotel is right on St Stephen street - about 3 blocks from business area - one block from China town. Hotel is new and immaculate. Service is exceptional. I am a Platimum member and was treated like royalty. Club provided outstanding food for breakfast and a light dinner. Pool was on the 18th floor and was wonderful....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adventurer21

Dear adventurer21,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your recent stay at our hotel. The staff and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I used Hotwire to book three nights (Fri - Sun) at the Hyatt in Calgary, a leisure trip to visit with some family & friends. Arriving late (we'd informed reception in advance that we'd be very late), we found the parking lot was too full to accommodate us, so we parked overnight in the lot around the corner. The hotel lot was full again the second night. I'm glad my my husband was with me as I'd not have enjoyed being in that lot so late at night and having to walk back to the hotel alone. There was room in the the Hyatt lot on our third night, and to the hotel's credit, complementary parking was provided.

We found the hotel to be attractive and clean. The walls are paper-thin (you can clearly hear conversations in adjacent rooms and hallways) and staff does not seem to have an understanding of 4-star level customer service, but they appear to mean well.

The WORST experience I've ever had at a hotel, however, happened at the Hyatt in Calgary (hence the title of this review).

On our first morning, we'd had a nice swim in the small pool, sharing the water with several parents and younger kids splashing around having fun . We decided to take another dip the second morning. The pool was again inhabited by a dad and his younger son, but this time there was also a man wearing swim goggles and a bathing cap, doing serious, vigorous laps of the BUTTERFLY. Now, the pool is small and not a lap pool to begin with, yet this bully had decided that his desire to do the butterfly superseded anyone else's pool privileges.

While my husband was exercising his stiff shoulder at one end, I paddled around and managed to get hit HARD by this jerk, as a result of his arm coming down on one of his stroke.

When the guy continued doing the butterfly after injuring me (and showing no intention of stopping), I eventually phoned hotel security.

When security arrived, he listened to me, then went to speak to the man, who not only refused to get out of the pool, but told security that I'd attacked him. Then security ordered me out of the pool! At that point, my husband spoke to security and clarified what had happened. I got back into the pool as the man, now leaving, tried to bribe security with cash (we could see some cash in his hand). The security officer didn't accept the bribe, but also gave me no indication that there would be proper follow up, insisting that he was "not there to judge." This, as a large blue bruise was already very evident over my right eye.

We returned to our room, where we then received a call from hotel security who wanted to hear what happened again. She asked if I needed anything, and I asked for ice for my eye, which was sent up. This individual advised me that the man would no longer be using the hotel pool. However, when I asked how the hotel could enforce this as there was no permanent security at the pool, she admitted that they couldn't enforce it. So, if I were to enter the pool again and he were there, I could call security.

I had no appetite for going into that pool again. I think it would have been more appropriate for security to offer to accompany me should I wish to take another dip. Anyway, from my point of view, all the hotel did was take a report and provide me with ice.

When a middle-aged woman gets a black eye from an experience in their pool, notwithstanding that this was not the hotel's fault, one would think the hotel would make some kind of positive gesture to try to make it up to the guest in some way. From my point of view, the Hyatt showed a minimum of concern. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bctraveller-R

Dear Bctraveller-R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with us. I was extremely disappointed to hear that you had such a negative experience, but I can certainly understand your frustrations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have shared your comments with our management team and will ensure we follow up appropriately.

I hope you can view this as an isolated incident and allow us the opportunity to serve you in the near future. If your travel plans bring you back to downtown Calgary, please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with a reservation, as I would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. Great location , everything in walking distance although that's probably true of all hotels in downtown Calgary. Super easy to find and easy run to airport. Rooms and especially bathroom very roomy. Used Hyatt gold passport points so not sure what prices are like

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank addictable

Dear addictable,

Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Calgary on your recent Gold Passport stay. We hope to have you visit our hotel again soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Calgary for two nights. Overall, we had a very enjoyable stay.

Check-In

Check-In was a breeze. There was no line-up and our rooms were ready, even though we arrived about an hour before Check-In officially started. Plus, we were each offered complimentary popcorn!

Rooms

We were in Rooms 1513 and 1515 which are standard King/2 Double Beds. The rooms were spacious and clean, so we were happy. Be aware that in order to select a floor on the elevator, you have to insert you room key card. I didn't have a problem with this, but I heard a few people complaining.

The service at the hotel was top notch, couldn't be better. Right when we walked in, we were greeted with smiles, right up until we checked out. The staff were always eager to help.

Dining

As with most Hyatt's, the breakfast at the Hyatt Regency Calgary was incredible. The first morning, I ordered the french toast which was to die for. The second morning, I went up to the buffet. There was a huge variety, and everything was nice and fresh.

Location

Downtown Calgary is pretty small, so no matter where you stay you are usually in a good location. The Hyatt was in an ideal location, near all of the main attractions. Plus, it was quiet and we never had trouble falling asleep from outside noise.

Overall

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. From the moment we first stepped on to the property, to the moment we left, we were always more than satisfied with practically every aspect of the hotel. If you want a nice, clean hotel in the heart of downtown Calgary with incredible service and an amazing breakfast, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 1234j

Dear 1234j,

Thank you very much for posting the very thorough review. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every bit of your stay. Our popcorn machine has been a big hit since we have added it to the lobby on weekends and other select days, it is glad to see that it made an impact. We do have great staff here at the hotel and will be sure to share your feedback with everyone. Please do come back again and visit us soon.