“good restaurant”

Hyatt Regency Calgary
Ranked #16 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed January 13, 2008

Very friendly staff and great restaurant and comfy rooms would definitely come back

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank globetrotter086

Reviewed December 29, 2007

stayed here on a stopover.

your basic international hotel, friendly staff and nice rooms.

but I found a sock in the clothes cupboard.

I was on a stopover for only one night so I didnt bother to bring it up.

That kinda put a sock on my experience, but its in downtown and its a hyatt so you cant go wrong.

• Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed November 29, 2007

stayed at the hyatt for a weekend. enjoyed the downtown location, nearby shops and restaraunts. The service was very friendly and helpfull. I did find the rooms to be a bit small and in need of some repair. Also be prepared for $25 / night self parking, but I think that is normal for downtown Calgary. I have stayed in Calgary many times, and would rate either the Sheraton Suites or Westin above the Hyatt for quality of Hotel, but the location of the Hyatt is better.

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed November 29, 2007

An excellent stopover on arrival at calgary International Airport. Journey by car was quite easy although complicated near hotel with road works. Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful espcially when told this was our first visit to Canada. No complaints about the room. Breakfast , in terms of selection and wuality of food was excellent and good value for money - very tasty ommlette was cooked to order. Waiting staff once again were extremely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AH15765
Reviewed November 9, 2007

I don't know if my review would be useful but I have to say somehing good about the hotel. They deserve it. I was in business trip during my stay. Everything was just perfect. Good meal, great bed for rest after long day. They gave professional response when I tried to ask for another room even though the hotel was almost full.

It might not the cheapest hotel in town but I'd recommend this hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed: May 2006
1  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Hyatt to anyone.
On 30 Aug my husband and I arrived at 6pm in the evening after a long flight from Scotland and after checking in we were escorted to our room on the 12th floor by a cheery chappie. The corridors are immaculate and the lift was mirrored. The room was lovely - pleasant decor, no stale smells, big comfy bed with a choice of fat or thin pillows, spotlessly clean bathroom - plenty space for laying out my many toiletries and women's "stuff". We were pretty shattered and fell into bed and it felt heavenly! We stayed here for 2 nights and took advantage of their delicious breakfasts which offered the full works for $17. Thought we were making pigs of ourselves, but on looking around at neighbouring plates - we weren't!! The Hyatt is handy for the Tower, central for the shopping and we even walked to the Fort and then followed the river to the Park. Then popped into the Eau Claire market for lunch and a coffee. Went to the shops and then sat in one of the bars with outside seating areas and had a vodka ceaser. The weather was gorgeous and there was lots of locals outside enjoying the sun. Our first impressions of Canadians (our 1st trip to Canada) was that they were extremely friendly and helpful. If you are undecided about staying at they Hyatt then take my word, and I am one of the fussiest person ever, it was very very good.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank bonnygirl
Reviewed November 3, 2007

We have stayed at the Hyatt in previous years. We love the proximity to the downtown core, businesses, restauants, shopping, the Calgary Tower.
This time we booked an upper floor room and the hotel has had a recent renovation to these rooms. While the hotel maintains a Canadiana theme the rooms have been renovated in a downtown metro style. Our rate was $155, very reasonable for a room like this in downtown Calgary.
The staff was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. If you are a guest, but need to check out by 11 am, you are still allowed to leave your vehicle in the underground parking for the day while you continue to attend business meetings or shopping.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business