Tripadvisor
Calgary
All reviews yellow door bistro raw bar great location skoah products great stay at hotel downtown calgary stampede grounds close to downtown business trip nice hotel underground parking enjoyed my stay would highly recommend this hotel great room room was spacious would definitely stay here again easy access
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

My son and I stay at Hotel Arts while attending a Burns Night at the Ranchman's Club. We have done this for the last 4 years. The communication effort that the hotel does to guarantee a pleasant stay is superb. Want to arrive early and they'll have the room ready. A fruit tray for after dinner, you got it. Recognition that you have attended once a year for about 4 years and they know it. Together with the Yellow Door restaurant, the food service is a delight to enjoy. The bar servers are engaging and willing to whisk up a special cocktail with great panache and breakfast the next morning is quiet, efficient and presented with a knowledgeable and well appointed staff. Best hotel in the centre of Calgary. Ten out of ten on my list.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2020

This hotel is close to lots of downtown attractions and restaurants. It was inexpensive and had heated parking. The pool area is great, and converts to indoor during the winter. However we had left behind our swimsuits in our room accidentally and the staff said they were not there. They didn’t even offer to look or ask around. Basic price = basic service I guess.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Werna B, Manager at Hotel Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated indoor/outdoor pool area! Please accept my sincerest apologies if we were not able to locate items left behind. Although we ultimately do not take responsibility for lost items, we have a system in place for tracking, logging, and following up with guests in such situations, and will ship any items located back to you. Service is of utmost importance to us as it is the main enhancement that sets us apart from our competition, and word-of-mouth is crucial. As per the response to your in-house survey, we have offered you a complimentary upgrade to a luxury suite should you choose to return to Hotel Arts, and I do hope we may welcome you back in the very near future.

Yours in Hospitality,
Werna Boek
Director of Operations

Reviewed January 6, 2020

We arranged a date night with a stay at Hotel Arts, we checked in, hit the pool, had some drinks. it was lovely! They have the pool covered in this winter and it is fantastic! the space is so warm and inviting! The staff here are excellent, the restaurants are SO good! we dined at the yellow door the next day for Brunch and the food was delicious! can't wait to plan another visit!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2020

Perfect location, great pool, clean rooms. Property indicates dinner reservations are necessary, however we had to leave the hotel to have breakfast as it was a 2 hour wait for walk-ins. Would have been good to be given same heads up about morning reservations so we could have ordered room service.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

This is my first time here and it's a lovely hotel with great customer service. I ended up booking the pool view suite.

Duh. Maybe I should've used my brain to realize there wouldn't be a view of the pool in winter. It's the inflatable cover they use to keep the pool open year round but in summer this would be perfect. However in winter all the patio furniture was taken off and you couldn't see the pool.

I loved the marble tiling in the bathroom and the bed was the comfiest ever. The fridge and wet bar were perfect and the only reason I'm giving it 4 stars, not 5, is because there were a few areas with sticky stuff not cleaned from the previous guest.

Also, I know it's not supposed to be a kitchenette but it was big enough to be, so why not supply it with utensils and a few plates etc? I felt bad calling the fd for a knife to cut our lemon and champagne flutes but they were ever obliging with our annoying requests.

Shoutout to the front desk for letting me get an Amazon package delivered there that stupid Amazon messed up and wasn't going to arrive at my place in Jasper prior to NYE.

I'd definitely return. Location is amazing and all the staff was friendly and the little touches were nice.

But, definitely only get the pool view suite if it's summer. Large room though and great hotel. Amazing TV in the bathroom and the shower and amenities were fantastic!

Trip type: Traveled with friends