Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
$147
$74
$70
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolympic parksitting roomthe trans canada highwayqueen suitebreakfast buffetfront desk staffbedroom arealiquor storestoney trailhockey tournamentsports teamsattached restaurantpull out couchhot tubwould stay againeasy accesscomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 queen bed room with a sofa bed. The beds were comfortable, and the sofa bed must have been new, as it was the most comfortable sofa bed I have ever seen. The sofa bed area was separated from the rest of the room by a door. It worked out very nicely for us as our 6 yr old could watch TV in that area without disturbing our 2 yr old's sleep. The traffic noise was quite loud though. Breakfast at the restaurant was a disaster. I ordered poached eggs and toast. My eggs were very sour, so I realized they were cooked in vinegar (which hotels apparently do to keep them together and looking nice). I asked for them to be re-done in just plain water, and that was no problem. I also asked for fresh toast since I had wrecked a piece with the vinegar eggs. That was fine, til I realized they charged us for that extra order of toast. The server said she checked with the manager and was told to do that since I sent the whole meal back, not just the eggs. What? So the manager came to talk to me, and said they were there b/c the order was punched in for the kitchen. Hmmmm. Two different reasons. In either case, she took them off the bill. I would stay there again, but would cross the parking lot to go to the McDonalds for

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Familyoffour1
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I had originally booked the Calgary Zoo for our wedding, however due to the Alberta flood we had to book elsewhere. After looking at a few locations we decided on the beautiful Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West. We were in a huge rush due to the 3 week turnaround that we had to relocate our wedding.

The Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West was very accommodating with everything and met all our needs and plans we had set originally with the Calgary Zoo plus more! Our wedding was perfect and the staff was wonderful. We booked the honeymoon suite and it blew our minds, just amazing! Our wedding guests had a blast and loved the queen suites they stayed in. My younger sister (11 yrs old) loved the pool and water slide. The food was delicious and the portions were very generous.

Everything was perfect! Big thank you to the staff!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, whether it be an overnight stay, wedding / event booking or week long visit to Calgary.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jacquelope
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day Jacquelope!
I can only imagine the stress of finding out your wedding venue was so badly damaged during the flood. I am so happy that our team was able to assist in turning the event around and pulling off your magical day. I have passed along your kind words to all of the team, and a big congratulations to you and your new husband!
Looking forward to having you back with us,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was travelling for work and needed to be at Canada Olympic Park so this was a perfect location! Directly across the street from the park, not only was it a great location, but a great view. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were HUGE! I was able to do a workout in my room without any issues.

There is a McDonalds and a Denny's within a 2 minute walk offering an alternative for meals, and lots of great restaurants within close driving distance. About 20min drive to downtown, so if you need to be in the city this wouldnt be the best location for you.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, were able to accomodate all of our requests, and on my next trip out in August I will stay here again!

If you like swimming there is a waterslide in the pool which is fun for kids or a wake up before meetings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a veiw of Canada Olympic Park! Otherwise yo uare looking at a parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ashgToronto

Thank you for your review ashgToronto!
We love our location too! Close to everything but outside of the hustle and bustle of the downtown core. I have never done it myself but yes, I’m sure a trip down the waterslide would be a perfect wake me up!
Safe travels,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Waterslide at the pool is so much fun! Nice clean room. Make sure to get a room with a separate sitting area - great if you have kids. You put them to bed and shut the door and you can still watch TV on the couch for a while. Woohoo. Staff was great, including the housekeeping staff. Can't go wrong staying here. McDonalds and Denny's next door for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IMARover1973

Thank you for your review IMARover1973!
The separate living rooms in our Queen Suites are fantastic for a bit of extra space and getting the kids to bed. I’m glad you found them useful. And nothing rounds out a stay better than a trip or 2 down the waterslide.
Looking forward to your next visit, safe travels.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My son and I arrived at the hotel just before the State of Emergency was declared in Calgary due to the flooding. There were plenty of parking spaces. The young man on reception told us he was new but was very friendly and check-in was problem free. We had a twin Queen suite with a separate lounge with a 42" flat screen tv in both rooms. The suite was on the ground floor facing the highway but we could not hear the traffic even though the city was being evacuated! The suite was very tidy and well equipped. My only criticisms would be the lack of a kettle, only 1 teabag supplied and no mirror in the bedroom. When we had to stay an extra night due to the floods, the receptionist re-booked the same room for us without any fuss.
We used room service for one dinner and one breakfast. Service was fast and the food was good. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the one breakfast we had in Ric's lounge - service was incredibly slow and the waitress forgot to bring any margarine of preserves to go with my croissant and toast and poured my coffee instead of tea. My tip - stay in your room to eat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shirley J
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I will be sure to pass your accolades along to the staff member mentioned, I know exactly who you are referring to! For any future stays please let us know of your requirements as we do have kettles available for the guest rooms. My apologies about the breakfast experience you had. Should you wish to discuss the event any further please feel free to reach out to me at any time.
Safe Travels,