“Good location for downtown access and mountain access but avoid restaurant!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good location for downtown access and mountain access but avoid restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

nice suite sized rooms, good beds, big new flat screens. Its on the trans Canada highway but even though my room faced the highway I hardly noticed. They provide ear plugs in room just in case.

Food in restaurant is pretty good but service is deplorable. I counted 3 wait staff, 2 bartenders and manager working plus kitchen staff.At one point I looked up and realized not one of them were on the floor - not for a moment, not for a few minutes but maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Customers were asking around, looking around for someone - anyone to refill a drink or pay a bill.

My ratings reflect the hotel - not restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for non highway side - but to be honest the road noise was not noticeable to me.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Omoishiroi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights this past weekend. The front desk service was spot on and we even got upgraded to a suite for free. The room was very large and clean. Loved having free bottled water in the fridge. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking parking lot if you are a light sleeper. However, we had no problem with sl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CharVacation
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Right from our first impression and contact with Sarah at the Front Desk to Crystal in the Embers Restaurant, our experience was excellent. Friendly, helpful beyond expectations.
Clean rooms and facilities. Well worth a second visit in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for the review JimC, and especially for the feedback of our team members! These 2 ladies are a part of an amazing team and I know the acknowledgement means a lot to them. Please come back and visit us soon!
Heather Craigdallie,
Fort St John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, and each time, I am impressed with the reception I receive from staff. The hotel is conveniently located close to a number of restaurants but has recently renovated its own dining facilities very successfully. Foothills Medical Centre and Alberta Children's Hospital are nearby. At present, the hotel hosts a Wednesday afternoon social event for guests, a brilliant marketing idea. I will return here frequently.

Room Tip: The corner suites are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We love having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Wednesdays Best Brew and BBQ nights are fun and I’m happy to hear you enjoy the reception. With summer upon us I’m looking forward to all the new creations from the kitchen!
Safe travels,
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

For my first stay at a Four Points property, I found this hotel quite accommodating. The check in and lobby area was inviting and the room was clean and large.

It's quite a long hotel and depending on the location of your room, could be a bit of a hike.

I found the location handy but you will need a car to get around.

The Olympic Park across the road is also handy as there are many activities for all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights for business and chose it as I am an SPG member and it was close to my client's office. I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. Due to my membership, I was provided with a late check out which was great. There is a Ric's Grill attached to the hotel which was good for dinner and they had a breakfast buffet in the morning which was a little understocked but reasonable for price. The room was large, quiet, comfortable and clean with great views out the windows. The location is also great if you have a car and can make a small journey a few blocks to a lot of restaurants. I would consider this hotel for future business trips if they are close to the client again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kaslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were impressed by the lobby and the first impression of the room, but that was quickly dispelled by the temperature of the room. When we realized that the room wasn't getting any cooler after messing with the digital thermostat, we had already put the kids to bed so we refused their offer to send up a maintenance guy to look at it. We all suffered through the first night. The second night went better because the maintenance guy was able to reset the thermostat. The TV had a fuzzy so we had him look at that, too. He showed us that the connection was poor and he tried to fix it. As he did (my husband had to help him hold the large flat screen) he jostled the cables loose and couldn't get them tucked up back behind the TV again. So we had to look at hanging cables the rest of our stay. We didn't get a free breakfast, but we did get to use the pool which was nicely outfitted with furniture for parents who had to supervise their kids but who didn't want to swim. I was disappointed with the lack of cleanliness in the room and the pool area. The lobby was much better maintained than the rooms and pool area. I thought of having a massage at the day spa within the hotel, but the door to the spa wasn't open any time I went by it (which was several in the two days we were there).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family