“Courteous & Friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Fort St John
“Courteous & Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times now, and each time, I am impressed with the reception I receive from staff. The hotel is conveniently located close to a number of restaurants but has recently renovated its own dining facilities very successfully. Foothills Medical Centre and Alberta Children's Hospital are nearby. At present, the hotel hosts a Wednesday afternoon social event for guests, a brilliant marketing idea. I will return here frequently.

Room Tip: The corner suites are lovely.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We love having you stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Wednesdays Best Brew and BBQ nights are fun and I’m happy to hear you enjoy the reception. With summer upon us I’m looking forward to all the new creations from the kitchen!
Safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

For my first stay at a Four Points property, I found this hotel quite accommodating. The check in and lobby area was inviting and the room was clean and large.

It's quite a long hotel and depending on the location of your room, could be a bit of a hike.

I found the location handy but you will need a car to get around.

The Olympic Park across the road is also handy as there are many activities for all.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights for business and chose it as I am an SPG member and it was close to my client's office. I found the front desk staff to be very helpful and friendly. Due to my membership, I was provided with a late check out which was great. There is a Ric's Grill attached to the hotel which was good for dinner and they had a breakfast buffet in the morning which was a little understocked but reasonable for price. The room was large, quiet, comfortable and clean with great views out the windows. The location is also great if you have a car and can make a small journey a few blocks to a lot of restaurants. I would consider this hotel for future business trips if they are close to the client again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Kaslo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were impressed by the lobby and the first impression of the room, but that was quickly dispelled by the temperature of the room. When we realized that the room wasn't getting any cooler after messing with the digital thermostat, we had already put the kids to bed so we refused their offer to send up a maintenance guy to look at it. We all suffered through the first night. The second night went better because the maintenance guy was able to reset the thermostat. The TV had a fuzzy so we had him look at that, too. He showed us that the connection was poor and he tried to fix it. As he did (my husband had to help him hold the large flat screen) he jostled the cables loose and couldn't get them tucked up back behind the TV again. So we had to look at hanging cables the rest of our stay. We didn't get a free breakfast, but we did get to use the pool which was nicely outfitted with furniture for parents who had to supervise their kids but who didn't want to swim. I was disappointed with the lack of cleanliness in the room and the pool area. The lobby was much better maintained than the rooms and pool area. I thought of having a massage at the day spa within the hotel, but the door to the spa wasn't open any time I went by it (which was several in the two days we were there).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rocky Mountain House, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

we were told that this hotel gives discounts for patrons that are doing a hospital visit in calgary....they didnt....when a friend phoned to find out what the difference would have been the difference is...we paid $139.00 plus tourism tax ,destination fee, goods and services tax...total $155.68......my friend was told the price should have been $109 plus taxes....when asked why they couldn't do a refund the answer was...because i had paid cash so they couldn't refund ....unbelievable...the food at this hotel was the worst i have ever eaten....but i do have to say....the staff were wonderful to us....the desk clerks were a blessing as we were under a lot of stress ....so cudos to the hotel....at least you have good taste in picking your desk staff.... i will never stay here again

Room Tip: make sure you double check the rates so you know you are not being ripped off
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Camrose, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

From first looks it is like any Starwood property. Clean lobby, clean rooms. Then the staff come in. Worst I have seen of any Sheraton I've been to. No security, maintenance, front desk staff, pool staff, or anything else that makes these properties what they are suppose to be. Had the front desk girls working in the restaurant serving breakfast. It was brutal. 15 min to check out. Buffet was gross for breakfast. Absolutely brutal. We checked out a day early to move to another Sheraton in Calgary. Being a gold member I am embarrassed to of stayed here.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
heather c, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Chadphil.
First off I would like to apologize for the experience you had at the hotel. This is certainly not the Four Points experience we aim to provide our guests, and are truly sorry this happened during your stay. Our Hotel associates normally receive glowing accolades about their friendliness and helpfulness and I apologize if this is not what you experienced. I understand that this weekend was a very busy time for Ric’s Lounge and Grill with the Provincial tournament teams from Hockey Alberta. However elevated business volume should not affect our guests experience nor the quality of the food.

Once again Chadphil I am truly sorry about the experience you encountered. Due to your concerns and feedback I encourage you to reach out to me directly so I may help to rectify the situation and speak to your personally. Please reach out to me at any time.
Heather Craigdallie, General Manager.
403-202-4417 gm@fourpoints-calgary.ca
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a great hotel if you are looking for affordability and comfort. The front desk personnel was efficient and friendly. The room was clean and trendy with comfortable beds. 3 bottles of chilled water were in the room for my use, all free.

I ordered in room service and the food was hot and very tasty. I also used the gym and it was modern and all the equipment worked.

After my workout I stopped into the snack shack and grabbed a few items (it was well stocked) and the gal that helped me find healthy choices was friendly. She suggested a nut and raisin combo pack which was on the house. Awesome!

I will definitely return :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business