Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
$85
TripAdvisor
$467
  • Restaurant
All reviewsolympic parksitting roomthe trans canada highwayqueen suitebreakfast buffetfront desk staffbedroom arealiquor storestoney trailhockey tournamentsports teamsattached restaurantpull out couchhot tubwould stay againeasy accesscomfortable beds
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Be careful. I'm going to list some serious cons:
(1)The walls are paper-thin. You will hear your adjoining room occupants very clearly. We heard people clearing their throats!!!
(2)The lighting in the rooms are dim. Depressing looking.
(3)The rate is not really 109 CAD. There is a $3.27 "Destination Fee", a $4.36 "Tourism Levy", a $2.00 "Unlimited Local Call Access" (whether you make any local calls or not, this charge is there), and the best one is $1.00 "Newspaper" fee. You will get a newspaper delivered to your door whether you want it or not. You have to opt out of this at check in time otherwise kiss that looney goodbye. What a bunch of crooks!!
(4)The thermostat sounds like a jet engine. Be prepared to wake up several times in the night.
(5)And finally, the kitchen staff must be the laziest or the most untrained people in Alberta. The food is barely edible, Extremely expensive, and just overall not good at all. The fish was dry, the vegetables are not cut to bite size (the cauliflower was almost 3 inches big) and I wonder if they're even washed, the scrambled eggs weren't real eggs - they were the carton plastic type eggbeaters... seriously? how lazy is the head chef?? The head chef and the kitchen staff get two thumbs way down for lack of effort and the subsequent lack of delivery.

Go to this hotel only as a last resort.

Pros:
It is in a safe area, there are no bed bugs, and the bed is good. And if you are willing to pay a lot extra, the "Starwood Preferred Rooms" on the first floor and some on the second floor are nicer and don't have the paper-thin walls. Also, Front desk staff were helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank gaararules
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked a room for my wife and 2 small boys (9mths & 2.5years), I explained that my wife had allergies to feathers and we only needed the room for 1 night, the person I talked to on the phone assured me everything would be looked after. I few hours later my wife called, they told her that they were in the middle of replacing their linens and had no hypoalergenic linens, they had stuffed a couple sheets in pillow cases, they also had no non down filled duvets so all that was on the bed were sheets. There were only enough towels for 2 with no spares, I don't understand why this person wouldn't have just told me that they couldn't accomodate us, we could've gotten a room elsewhere, I will never stay again, nor will I recommend this place to anyone in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank cjheuvel
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights because of an event we were attending. The location was convenient, but we would not return. Some days we had washcloths, some days we didn't. Some days coffee packets were replenished, some days not. The elevator worked only on the last day. The room badly needed upgrading. We were scheduled for 7 nights, but left after our event was over.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mrdaniel
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel is now very accessable from the north if you take the new Stony Trail. It is reasonably priced, looks to be very family friendly and we had a good stay there. My only complaint is the bed was very hard and my night's rest was too short because of it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chocolatedessert
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We came to see family and the Stampede. Hotel was a great price with great front desk service. Room was clean. Small fridge and microwave. Safe did not work but got repaired upon request. Coupons for breakfast buffett heped lower the cost. Buffet was our only mild complaint - basic industial frozen food thawed out and heated - but it was edible and with coupon from front desk, a fair price. Much better breakfast at Denny's, a 2 minute walk away. Nice feature was free coffee in lobby and newspapers. Front desk staff very friendly and professional. Free parking and wi-fi, Good location. Nearby eateries, gas station, McDonalds, Wendys, even liquor store. Best hotel we stayed in on our vacation. Impressive view of part Olympic ski jump. Great value. We will definitely come again.

Room Tip: ASk for view of mountain side.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family