“Sheraton is sliding in quality” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #51 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Alberta
“Sheraton is sliding in quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I booked a room for my wife and 2 small boys (9mths & 2.5years), I explained that my wife had allergies to feathers and we only needed the room for 1 night, the person I talked to on the phone assured me everything would be looked after. I few hours later my wife called, they told her that they were in the middle of replacing their linens and had no hypoalergenic linens, they had stuffed a couple sheets in pillow cases, they also had no non down filled duvets so all that was on the bed were sheets. There were only enough towels for 2 with no spares, I don't understand why this person wouldn't have just told me that they couldn't accomodate us, we could've gotten a room elsewhere, I will never stay again, nor will I recommend this place to anyone in the near future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank cjheuvel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Gaylord, Mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights because of an event we were attending. The location was convenient, but we would not return. Some days we had washcloths, some days we didn't. Some days coffee packets were replenished, some days not. The elevator worked only on the last day. The room badly needed upgrading. We were scheduled for 7 nights, but left after our event was over.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mrdaniel
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel is now very accessable from the north if you take the new Stony Trail. It is reasonably priced, looks to be very family friendly and we had a good stay there. My only complaint is the bed was very hard and my night's rest was too short because of it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chocolatedessert
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We came to see family and the Stampede. Hotel was a great price with great front desk service. Room was clean. Small fridge and microwave. Safe did not work but got repaired upon request. Coupons for breakfast buffett heped lower the cost. Buffet was our only mild complaint - basic industial frozen food thawed out and heated - but it was edible and with coupon from front desk, a fair price. Much better breakfast at Denny's, a 2 minute walk away. Nice feature was free coffee in lobby and newspapers. Front desk staff very friendly and professional. Free parking and wi-fi, Good location. Nearby eateries, gas station, McDonalds, Wendys, even liquor store. Best hotel we stayed in on our vacation. Impressive view of part Olympic ski jump. Great value. We will definitely come again.

Room Tip: ASk for view of mountain side.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill H
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I was as a weeklong guest in this hotel recently - staying there for work.
My first room was ok, definitely older, more worn and nothing special (despite being a deluxe unit). I asked for a different room when I noticed some areas that really needed to be cleaned. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and within minutes had me set-up with another room. Even though the second room was smaller, it was quite nice and the bedding was pristine.

Enjoyed the rest of my stay here.

Note: This hotel was undergoing full room renovations when I was there. They're changing styles from an old style 'motor inn' feel to a much more sleek, boutique, urban style which I think will be a nice improvement.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot, much quieter than those facing the highway on the far side.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadWr604
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

I booked for 3 nights and upon arrival found myself in small room meant for wheelchair guest. I am not in a wheelchair. I am starwood preferred guest but I take it that means nothing to this hotel. They did not offer to move me to better room next day I had to bug front desk staff for that. Pictures of hotel posted in elevator are outdated and/ or really airbrushed. They do not reflect current status

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Travellerofthe
Farrah B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West. As you are aware we were undergoing renovations at the time of your stay. The pictures that are posted in the elevator represent our non-renovated rooms. We are quite excited as our new pictures are currently being taken. Our front desk is happy to move or upgrade guests upon request when availability permits. We are thrilled about our new modern rooms and hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to accommodate you

Best Regards,

Farrah Bhanji
Director of Marketing
Weyburn, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

The hotel staff made us feel at home. They always asked you how your day was the day before. Our stay there felt literally like home. so warm and comfortable. Diana especially made us so happy. She gave my son a hug even though he had sticky hands. because she wasn't going to be there in the morrning. all the staff were so friendly and always willing to help out and answer any questions we had. Next time we go to Calgary i am definitely going to stay there again. The best hotel i have ever stayed in. Keep up the awesome work. you do an amazing job making people feel comfortable. thank you for the great stay

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bigmamma12345
Thank you for completing such a nice review of our Hotel. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the service provided by our front desk associates in particular Diana. We will pass on your accolades to her and the rest of our excellent team. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! We look forward to your return in the near future.

Warmest Regards