“Four Points scores a lot lower in the dining end of things”

Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West
Ranked #58 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed December 17, 2007

The hotel is very nice, the room was clean and very spacious. There were a lot of parties booked at the hotel during our weekend stay, there was some noise, but I can see where it would not be a normal happening if it had been during a different holiday Season. The staff were very helpful.
The Restaurant attached to the hotel was HORRIBLE. our food came over cooked, a request for no onions on the burger did not happen, easy enough to remove, but they made the burgers with Onion soup mix!!!!. The waitress was very apologetic, but the reality is that we would never eat there again, no matter how good the service was.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Calgary West

Reviewed July 27, 2007

Having been driven away from Banff by a plague of mosquitos thisn was a last minute reservation, literally! The staff could not have been more helpful and welcoming. Room & facilities were of a high standard and the food was good too.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank Womblebeak
Reviewed April 24, 2007

I had to move out of my downtown hovel because of overbooking. Found this, which was literally the last room in town. I hadn't been out to this part of Calgary before. I really enjoyed the scenery.

Beautiful public areas. Room was immaculate. Wonderful staff who were almost too enthusiastic and helpful.

The food? Pretty gross. But there are four restaurants within walking distance. The furthest one away, Wendy's was FOUR MINUTES walking from the lobby. I timed it.

I will not stay anywhere BUT this hotel again.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Layover
Reviewed April 23, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights with our 3 children. We stayed in a suite. It had a sitting area with sofa bed when you entered the room and a door to the bedroom area that closed. The room was a great size and very handy for larger families. There was a microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. There was a balcony which had a great view of Canada Olympic Park. We used the pool everyday and the kids really enjoyed the waterslide. The gym also looked nicely equipped. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant, quite pricey, but the food was very good. The nice thing about the area is it is developing with several restaurants in walking distance including: Wendy's, Denny's, McDonalds, Subway, and Dolce Vita and others. There is also a gas station and the Olympic Park is right across the highway. We chose the location as my Husband had training at the Atco Center at the Olympic Park. We took advantage and went skiing the one day. They have great package lessons there for kids including equipment etc. For our hotel room we booked the Zoo Package so it included our passes. I felt the rates were very reasonable. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank momtravelswith3
Reviewed March 9, 2007

A Huge Group and I stayed for the Special Olympics Provincals And the Rooms in the Hotel Were Very clean. I'm a Non Smoker. I'm Happy this Hotel is a 100% Non Smoking Hotel. The Sponcers Payed for our Accomadation. The only Thing I didn't Like was The Restaurant Choices. May I suggest you Take a Drive to the North Hill Mall. There is a food court there. Or The Keg Steakhouse near the Stadium. There is a Pool there but I didn't use it. I would stay at this non smoking Hotel Again. I don't find Too many hotel's Like this one. Anyone Caught Smoking in the Rooms will Pay a $250 Fine. This is the Very First Hotel in Calgary that Became A Entire Non Smoking Hotel. All Non Smokers should stay here if you want a Fresh air room. I hope to stay there in the Future soon.

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank rysfamily
Reviewed February 4, 2007

My husband and I stayed here and the hotel personel are friendly, and everything was great - good rates etc, good service.... only problem is if you are hungry and don't want to stray far from the hotel you have a problem. We had breakfast - bacon burnt, fried eggs didn't have the whites cooked through, breakfast skillet had pretty much no egg in it at all (mostly just cheese & potato) and they had no white bread left... nice... so we tried again at supper. I had been eyeing the ribs on their online menu so ordered those (it was 5:45pm). I was then informed that the ribs were still frozen and needed to be defrosted for another hour... What a crock.... what kind of restaurant establishement does not have supper food items ready for supper? This restaurant is always empty, breakfast, lunch & dinner, and we now know why. My suggestion, pay for a cab and head to the Kilkenny Pub where they know how food services should be done.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed December 24, 2006

While we did not stay at the hotel, we booked Christmas dinner there. 3 of us, 2 seniors. One suggestion - if you don't have the staff to pull it off, don't do it! We booked for Christmas dinner at this hotel because we heard it was "pretty good" - "pretty bad" is a compliment. As with the folks who experienced Thanksgiving dinner here, I'm sure the menu was the same. Cold soup, had to ask if we could have some drinks AFTER the soup was dropped in front of us. 3 salads arrived at the table - one had a fairly consistant array of ingredients, the other had pretty much just lettuce and some green pepper, the 3rd had a lot of things that weren't on the other 2 salads. Half way through the salad the "main" couse arrived. One dinner was put right on top of one of the unfinished salads. Cold turkey which was tougher than all get out, cold gravy, cold potatoes (which seemed to have been cooked weeks in advance), cold clump of dressing, cold broccoli and cold green peppers. No cranberry sauce so we asked for it. There were 3 people at the table, the server brough TWO little take-out cups of cranberry sauce (with lid!)...when asked if we could get three we were greeted with a loud sigh. Dinner was $35 per person. We did complain and were told that the "glass of wine" would be taken off the bill. Great. Bill came to $92.00 something for 3, when presented with $100 we were asked if we wanted change. You're DAMNED right we want change! Never again! The thing I didn't understand was, when asked how things were and we said not very good they asked if we wanted another plate of food. They only had the turkey dinner. Were we to have ANOTHER bad meal on top of the one we already had? Stay far far away from this place for any "special" dinners!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family