“excellent stay”

Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Saskatoon, Canada
“excellent stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2011

My wife and I had a wonderful time visiting our 3yr. old grandaughter. We decided to stay at a hotel in Calgary and the Comfort Inn fitted our needs. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, February 27, 2011
Thank you for staying with us, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward in seeing you again on your next visit to Calgary.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2011

Our one night stay average. The room was clean and the front desk clerk was very courteous. The big thing that I was not impressed with was the fact that I didn't get much sleep since I could hear the main A/C unit for the entire floor just on the other side of my wall. We were close to the elevator also, and that too kept me up. If I ever stay there again, I would request a room at the other end of the hall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LuvdaRockies
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in July 2010. Thank you for taking the time in making us aware that you were sensitive to the noise coming from the circulating fan for the hallway. Our front desk is available to service you 24 hours a day, we would have been more than happy to move you to a different room so that you would had a quiet nights sleep.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Pro:
Clean, quiet and convenient
Free parking and plugin
Free WiFI and LAN access through Shaw. Speed excellent
Continental breakfast included

Con:
Strange $2.10 safe charge per day

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wilecoyote314159
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, January 4, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time and submitting the great review of Comfort Inn & Suites - South. It means a lot to our team. The safe is there for your use and the charge is should it be broken into you would be covered up to $5000.00 in loss. The charge of $2.10 is for this coverage. In the future should you not wished to be charged for the safe please do let us know at the time for check-in. We look forward in the near future.
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Rooms are clean. The sheets, and towels should be replacec by new products. Comfitor in my room should be cleaned. There was no clock radio in my room and I had to get a working TV remote. Just little things but enough to irritate a person.Front desk people are very helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank habs2012
We thank you for taking the time to review of the Comfort Inn & Suites - South. We are pleased that you overall enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of refreshing our room linens, the alarm clock has now been replaced in the room. We do look forward in welcoming you back on your next trip to Calgary.
Minneapolis
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for a total of 20+ days. I left the hotel with a disgusting feeling... At the end of my planned stay in this hotel I wanted to extend my stay by a night and talked to the hotel manager. My going rate was $99.98 and he initially informed there were no rooms available and had to check.
In the meantime I checked online and found there are rooms available. Manager called me to say there are rooms available but it'd be $140.00 while the highest quoted price online was $116.99. I just told him I'd get back to him.
Next morning I check with the receptionist and he offered me to continue on the same rate, but within an hour I was told again to pay $140. I confronted the manager saying I have spent more than $2000 already in this hotel but he still wanted his extra $30.
This manager does not know how to keep a returning customer happy. After a brief confrontation I walked out and had to use my free night from Choice hotels because I didn't want to pay that idiot. During my stay I also asked them to keep a microware but they wanted $10 more per day even though I am spending thousands!!!!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank sunilg17

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Reviewed June 19, 2010

The place was packed when we stayed. Our room was average and clean but it appears that none of the rooms have microwaves do we couldn't heat our leftovers and our special breakfasts that we brought. Staff were very freindly to deal with. Rooms are large size. Watch out for fridges because ours was set to high and froze all our stuff. Stay in rooms on back of hotel cause front is busy mcleod trail and a hooters right across mcleod. If you can get a cheap rate it's ok if all you doing is using it for a home base and just sleeping. Within minutes of Chinook Mall which is getting major upgrades.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank 3gmom
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed February 16, 2010

By chance, I was only staying for one night because the AC/Heating machine was soooo noisy. It would turn on and off throughout the night.

The rest I have no complaints. Maybe just service which I thought was a little cold. The staff did not go the extra mile to accommodate me for extended checkout time, bring me my late-luggage to the room... Breakfast time does end early at 9:30AM.

But at $100 a night, it's fine. The business centre room/pool/gym were appreciated.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business