“No surprises - exactly what I expected at an economy motel”

Comfort Inn & Suites South
Ranked #77 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Victoria, Canada
“No surprises - exactly what I expected at an economy motel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place is a short drive from downtown Calgary and is very close to Chinook Centre Mall. The rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast is included and was good - my kids would have loved the waffle maker had they been with me. Parking is free too. I didn't use the indoor pool but it looked nice.

I'd stay there again if my ususal hotel closer to downtown is unavailable.

There is a great Vietnamese restaurant next door that serves execellent phở, called Pho Chu The.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot rather than busy McLeod Trail.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice little place. Stayed here for one night and it was easy check-in with a extremely professional, friendly receptionist (Nicole). Rooms clean and spacious. Nice and quiet. Signs stated they were doing renos but didn't see any evidence/noise because of it. Only complaint is heater in room gave LOUD bang when turning on. Besides that great location and would for sure stay again. Oh and I'm a smoker and they have smoking rooms which are hard to find so a big plus for that :)

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer C
Medicine Hat, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked a room online paid in advance. Drove 4 hours from out of town to see a hockey game. We had tried to check in 30 min before game . While checking in I realized I didn't have my credit card only Visa debit/Cash. They would not accept a cash deposit or Visa debit and denied our Check in. The online booking agent called the front desk and tried to reason with clerk. When asked to speak with a manager we they were told "He is out of town". They refused my refund and refused my check in !!! Beware when booking here online!! Totally unreasonable staff and extremely rude. Ended up booking at a hotel down the street who was able to check us in and even get us a cab before game time!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank R K

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived around 10pm to be told they only had smoking rooms as that was what my travel agent had booked. Highly unlikely as it was a business trip and travel agent has my non smoking preference listed. Too late to change hotels due to early meeting in morning at plant nearby. I stayed. Big mistake! Halls were like a construction site with old beds and furniture stacked up, room stank of stale tobacco, Not even an attempt to deodorise the place. rooms grubby and carpets filthy, dust around edges showed place had never been cleaned fully. Noisy aircon with no vent fan option. Bathroom doors had large dents inside and out. All in all a very unpleasant place to stay. We have a lot of work going on nearby over the fall and winter but our teams will NOT be staying here!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank alan m
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at 4611 MacLeod Trail during our trip to Calgary for medical. I cannot say enough good about Cindy and Albert. Cindy made our reservation and was very kind and professional. Albert was there when we checked in and was extremely kind and definitely met any requests we had and was always willing to help us and went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. It was the best sleep we have ever had in a hotel and we don’t sleep well in hotels! Breakfast was very good too. Rooms are pricey, but compared to other hotels in Calgary, this Comfort Inn was very reasonable. We would definitely return in a minute!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have done A LOT of traveling and stayed at many hotels. This place had the rudest staff I have ever had to deal with. The man working the front desk was unprofessional and treated my husband and I like we were beneath him. While we were checking in, he wasn't listening to what we were saying and was being curt and difficult for no reason. I had such an awful experience with this hotel, I would not stay at another Comfort Inn and Suites anywhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank irenakol
Llandudno, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed 1 night in comfort Inn Calgary after a long flight from the uk . Clean and comfy bed .Slept well . Continental breakfast adequate Location a bit far from central Calgary but ok with car . Calgary well done trying to get back to normal after your devastating floods .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family