““Amazing Accommodations and Staff””

Comfort Inn & Suites South
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Hotel Comfort Inn and Suites for couple of times, both for business. The rooms are very comfortable, the staff is great and the location is close to pretty much whatever you need. They have set the bar very high in my opinion, but still continue to impress!

See you guys soon !!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hello MarkS
Thank you for staying with us its been a pleasure in having you as guest at our hotel and we look forward in seeing you on your next trip to Calgary!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites South

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hey Hungrytravels, maybe we stayed in the same room,we found blood on the curtains in our room when we went to open them. Went down to ask for a new room. We didnt get a discount or anything, just moved across the hall to another crappy room. We didnt even get a sincere apology either. The cleanliness of the rooms is horrible. we found a safety pin on the floor by the bed in the second room, was the floor vacuumed at all? The rooms are old and outdated. The bathroom was so small, the door had to be shut if you sat on the toilet. The bed was comfortable though. I found the location okay but found the parking lot was littered with garbage and found the whole area quite dirty all around the neighborhood. I would never, never stay there again. The prices are not cheap, I think next time I would try the Holiday Inn down the street or sandman over by Ikea area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel385, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Niecey22

Thank you for staying with us and I would like to apologies for any inconveniences caused during your stay at our hotel. The stain in question was not blood but rather wood stain. The maintenance engineer was in the room to touch up with room furniture with stain and opened the drape not realizing he had stain on his fingers.

The guest service agent did apologize and offer to move to another room which we were more than happy to do for you. As you may have noticed and seen the signs in the lobby the hotel is under renovations and are updating alot of the components in the guest room.

The debris you saw in the the parking lot was that from where the snow was piled up and melting away. You may have seen out your window our janitorial team out on Tuesday when the weather was so nice out picking up all the debris that the snow left behind.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we do take them seriously as you can see these items were rectified during your stay with us.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Came to Calgary for the car show. Hotel is located close to stampede grounds. The breakfast is awesome with eggs and bacon. It was also nice to get the newspaper in the morning. The staff is great and accommodated a late check out at no charge.

• Stayed: March 2013
hotel385, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites South, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Tiredtraveller1234

Thank you for staying with us, it was a pleasure in having you as a guest at our hotel and looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I wish i would have read trip advisor..., i should have slept in my car.

I went to have a shower after a late night check in only to find a blood stain on the shower wall. Got out of the shower only to find a blood stain on the towel.
Called the front desk to notify them only to hear:" you can come and pick up a clean towel if you like"
The over all cleanliness was pretty poor but it being late and my usual Hoyle across the street was full I decided to stay after all.

When I wanted to plug in my phone charger I found the trash that the previous user left.
And a nice big dirt spot on the sheets when I tried to climb in bed.

Response from the hotel:" I can give you 10% off "and " what else do you expect me to do then"
I refused the "generous discount" paid full price and left. Never to come back

My advise. SLEEP ON A PARK BENCH

• Stayed: April 2012

Hi HungryTravels,

Thank you for staying with us. You checked into the hotel at 2am and called down to the front desk at 3am stating that there was blood on the bath wall and towel where you took a shower and used the towel to dry yourself off with. When the night clerk aplogized and offered to move you rooms you said you were too tired and will just take photos of the stains and show them upon check out. If the room is as dirty as you say it is, why would you not move to another room at that time? We were more than happy to move you another room which you would be able to enjoy a good nights rest. All our guest rooms are inpected by our Executive Housekeeper daily. Furthermore no stains or debris were found prior to your stay in the room.

Upon check-out the Executive Housekeeper inspected your room and noticed the stain of blood on the bath wall and towel to be fresh and there were no stains on the sheets as you had stated at check out. The front desk manager was the one to check you out and offered you a discount which you felt was not adequete and also the matter that you declined to move rooms make it difficult to understand why you would stay in a dirty room. I have personally communicated with you on this matter and offered you a further discount that you gladly accepted. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was actually handed a toilet plunger to fix my own toilet!!!! Also all reservations are made through the PHILIPINES nice to know that....They charge your credit card immediatly...So when bad service, rude Managers, ignorant supervisors you have not a chance to get any money back. BC they are allready paid!!!! So many accomadating hotels in Calgary why choose this one..That is TERRIBLE!!!! Never stay here again!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this place!!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

i booked this hotel through a hotel website. paid $153 for a room for one night. i called them to ask them if i can extend my stay and they told me they wont even let me stay there because my credit card is a prepaid master card from bmo. even thugh i paid for the room i will not be allowed to stay once i take a taxi all the way there from airport. so i tell him thats the area i need to stay in and there are no other hotels avail as they are all booked for these days. and he starts talking very rudely to me saying i shouldnt be picky about what kind of hotel i stay in and what area i stay in if i only have a prepaid card. i come to calgary 2 weeks out of every month and always stay in nice hotels in the area and never had 1 hotel say such a thing. he said he'd give me the number of one closwe by he then proceeded to give me the numbe3r of a dumpy looking motel and was making some rude comments. Atrocious! NO WONDER THEY WERE THE ONLY HOTEL IN THE AREA THAT WAS NOT BOOKED FULL!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

have stayed at Comfort Inn and Suites on McLeod several times and have always been satisfied.Rooms are clean and the complimentary breakfast is well attended to. Rooms are currently being renovated. Suites come with both microwave and fridge which are very convenient when staying for a few days.