“Friendly hotel”

Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Prince Albert, Canada
“Friendly hotel”
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I had a very good stay, I requested for a non ground floor room and not facing the road and they gave it to me!
We had a good night sleep, the room and surrounding was so pleasant!
The staff are friendly and approachable especially the housekeeping and the front desk staff Cindy!
Will definitely go back to this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Michica09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We immediately noticed that there had been a fire in the back of the hotel. We asked for a king size bed. After 20 minutes of them trying to figure out how to check us in they gave us our key vard. We walked into our room (which was next to the fire and could clearly hear the reno's being done) there were two queen beds. Grrrr....back downstairs considering we paid for a king rm. So in our king room(pretty clean) it was very cold so we turned on the heat. We could not even hear the tv over the heater. So loud and it kicks in quite often. Unless your a sound sleeper...definately not the place for you

• Stayed January 2013
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days over Christmas and found the breakfast to be very chintzy. There were minimal items for breakfast which was dry bread, a few mystery meat patties, no scrambled eggs and most of the time no coffee and also no decaffeinated coffee. We used our points and on check out they charged for a long distance call that was made on a calling card and definitely not dialed directly. Room service was non existent as we had to ask for toilet paper, Kleenex and towels. This is the second time we have had problems on check out with extra charges, they go out of their way to add charges to your bill. Check your bill if you do stay. In my opinion the manager is very cheap, belligerent, unscrupulous and dishonest. The only reason I gave one star is because I could not leave a minus rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fred L

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Edmonton
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here recently on a business trip. Good free parking, spacious rooms, friendly service. Suggest you ask for room in back which would be quieter. I had a king suite which was quite large - included microwave and fridge. Price was very reasonable - included free breakfast. no restaurants within walking distance other than a Hooters across the street. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room in back. There us a main road out front but it did not bother me but may bother light...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SkyviewEdmonton
Calgary,AB
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our house had been renovated and the house was classified as "unliveable". We needed a place to stay for about a week or so, and with 5 people, it could be hard to find. The comfort inn and suites was closest to us, and not only had rooms, but also adjoining rooms with two queen beds! It was a match made in heaven. I slept great for the four nights we were in the hotel (rooms 212-214). I am high school student in calgary and transportation downtown was key, the comfort inn and suites is located two blocks away from LRT station and two stops away from the centre of downtown. The location was perfect for me and my family. One of the key things that separate the comfort inn from the other hotels is the FREE hot breakfast which includes a waffle maker and eggs. Overall the comfort inn and suites is one of Calgary's best budget hotels. Don't waste your money at a expensive downtown hotel. Go cheap, go comfort inn.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Oliver F
California, Kentucky
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is an average hotel all the way around. The room was clean and the service was fine. When I stepped out of the elevator to the second floor there was a "cover up" fragrance smell. Not too much within walking distance. There is a Mall, Chinook, I think, in very close driving distance.

Room Tip: Second floor has a convenient stairway to the lobby
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KYfryed
Delta, Canada
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel is average, room was clean and staff were friendly. On check out, I saw an additional daily charge for the room safe. I have not experienced this anywhere else in 30+ years of travelling. I am leaving for Europe tomorrow and there is no extra charge for in-room safes there. I questioned the charge and was stonewalled. I will never stay there or any other Comfort Inn again. We are being nickel and dimed with other small taxes, tourist levies, re-cycling charges etc. My buck will not stop there again. You got my last $6.00 dollars for an unused safe for 3 nights - enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business