“Don't stay here!!”

Ranked #90 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Drumheller
“Don't stay here!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My daughter was in a body building competition at the University of Calgary and we wanted a hotel close to the University. We ended up booking 3 rooms and arrived aroun 4:00 pm on Sept 29/12. When we got into our room we noticed that the floors were not vacuumed and there was a bottle cap laying on the window sill, in my son's room the night table was covered in crumbs and a liquid that looked like red wine spilled on it. Plus we had no bath towels in any of the rooms. We went down to the front desk and they said they would send the maid up to vacuum and give us bath towels --- when the maid was vacuuming the hallway we asked her to do our rooms also and she said she was going home. We went to the front desk again and they said they would have it done while we were at supper. When we got back the towels were there but no cleaning or vacuuming done! We checked out early in the morning and asked what they were going to do for us, he said he was the manager and would give us $20.00 off which I told him was unacceptable, but he wouldn't budge!

Room Tip: Please check out reviews we didn't and this is what we got!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Zelda20

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Korean first
Claresholm, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I found evidence someone was in my room when i was out for a couple hours. later when i was sitting at the desk the manager barged into my room with out knocking. He ran out when he saw me. later gave a couple useless excuses as to why, and said i did not know you were there, we saw you leave. I left ever to return. this place makes me sick. the lowest rating is still too high.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Bruce W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was embarassed to have reserved a room at this hotel for friends staying in Calgary. I thought Comfort Inn was a reputable chain. This hotel was disgustingly filthy. It is in a strip of motels referred to as Motel Village in Calgary, with convenient location. But I would suggest anyone looking for a room in this area try one of the other chains - can't get worse!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Debby68
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location. That's it! This is the dirtiest hotel you will ever stay in. I promise you! I booked for 4 nights and checked out after 1. Very poorly kept. If you imagine a dog pooping on the floor and then someone throwing news paper over it to cover it up- that's how this place is run. Just plain terrible. GROSS!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Chadphil
Alberta
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The front desk staff was great at check in considering they have to deal with the Stampeder's fans taking all of their hotel parking spots during the game, leaving the real hotel guests with no where to park (except at the hotel next door which also had a full parking lot) A bit disappointing that they require such a large credit card preauthorization at check in. The total cost of my room was around $240 and they requried a $600 preauthorizationn which is a bit ridiculous. The first room I was given was actually occupied by another guest (embarrasing for all parties involved) The front desk found me another room and made sure it was checked before I was sent up. Cleanliness was not so great. There was hair all over in the bathtub and there was garbage behind the one nightstand in the room. Air conditioner worked great (a bit loud) but it worked. The counter near the fridge area was very dusty and you could tell it had been only dusted around all of the objects on the coutner. Internet wasn't an option as I could not find the wireless signal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank squeaky_cleen
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The check-in process was the best part of my stay -- smooth, and the front desk staff was very friendly., greeted everyone warmly.

The room was tidy upon a cursory examination.

The bathroom areas were very clean. The kitchenette looked all right, though it would have been nice to have a range instead of only a microwave(which looked in rough shape, but worked. There appears to have been a range hood in the process of being installed/removed -- you could see the exposed wires dangling from the overhead cabinet. In every suite hotel I've stayed at, a selection of utensils, dishes and glassware were made available, along with the requisite implements to wash them. Not so here at the Comfort. In my quest for a proper wine glass, I did however find an old muffin in a bag on the top shelf of the cabinet(!).. Good thing I brought some of my own tupperware and plastic utensils to prepare food in!

As i sat down the desk to get some work done, i noticed a sticky clear substance on the desk in several places. A simple wipe-down would have sufficed. The very comfortable office chair had similar substance on it.

I later discovered long hairs that were definitely not mine, in the neatly made bed. Either their laundry processes are inadequate or they didn't change the sheets between customers? I couldn't tell.

The chest of drawers contained what looked like some kind of action figure toy part.

The internet service was adequate. The morning breakfast service is simple, They have that waffle making machine in blueberry and plain (I've never seen them in blueberry). Yogurt, bagels, toast, eggs, and sausage are avail, as well as apples, bananas, juice and coffee. The breakfast attendant is cheery and pleasant.

The neighbourhood of the hotel appears to be undergoing gentrification. Very convenient that the C-Train Station is right across the street, you can get downtown in around ten minutes, which was perfect for my business trip. Along the C-Train line, 4 minutes away is a Safeway grocery store, natural food store and liquor store. My room fridge did not have a freezer or a stove, so my options were limited to tv-dinner type meals.

This place would be an excellent value if they just paid more attention to cleanliness, supplied at least a few dishes in the suites, and maybe add a freezer and range in at least some of the rooms. Making the bedroom door a french door with frosted glass would also help to bring natural light from the bedroom into the living area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nebulaboy
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The bed is all stained with something. My friends door doesn't lock and I was advised to change my own sheets when I told them about the stain? Housekeeping is gone for the day. Had to "inconvenience" the front desk to turn on the waterside.
The hallways and lift were dirty and smelled funny.
We decided to change hotels, when we went to let her know we were leaving the girl advised it was her 3rd shift and this had happened before.

• Stayed August 2012