“Awesome Location, Great Value!”

Calgary Westways Guest House
Ranked #1 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome Location, Great Value!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed at Westways for 3 nights and had a good time! Everyone was polite and helpful and Jonathon took time to show me all the features of my room. The attention to detail was impressive - the room even had an iPod docking station and the bathroom had every possible thing you could ever need away from home. This place is also right in the middle of downtown, next to a grocery store and near countless bars and restaurants. I'll stay here again next time I'm in Calgary.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank w999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We came to the city to take in two plays. Westways bed and breakfast was a wonderful place to stay, close to everything, room was charming with a fireplace and jet tub. Service was wonderful and we met other interesting people at breakfast. Did I say how great the breakfast was!!!! We will go back for sure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank InnHeavenBandB
Bolton, UK
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Excellent location - only 10 minutes walk from Stampede Park and easy walking distance to a number of restaurants. Well appointed rooms and super breakfasts. Accommodating and genial hosts. Very much recommended if you are visiting Calgary and especially during the stampede weeks.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bol2nWandererBol2n
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2010

I went to Calgary for a wedding, and needed a place to stay with my small dog for 4 days. So lucky to find a room at Westways Guest House. Excellent location: small park suitable for dog walks within a couple of blocks, and the fun of 4 Street W close by. I had the Rouleauville room, which I really liked because it has a sitting area with windows - lots of natural light - and the bedroom on the inside, quieter for sleeeping. The bathroom was very nicely done in a style sympathetic to the period of the house. Furniture is also in keeping with the period. Breakfasts were excellent, and my special diet needs were cheerfully accommodated (corn allergy and vegetarian). Hosts were friendly and helpful. Free high-speed Wi-Fi too!

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank JenD_BC
Albuquerque
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Westways is SO much better than any hotel. I stayed in the smallest room at the Westways, and it was just perfect. It was cozy, comfy, and convenient. And the room rate can't be beat. I loved the super-size claw-foot bathtub. My son, a Calgary resident, brought me a hair dryer, but I didn't need it--Westways provided it. Breakfast was delicious. I liked being able to walk upstairs and make a cup of coffee or tea at any time; and there were a microwave and fridge if needed. I especially enjoyed the furnishings and many items of interest on the walls of the dining room. Westways is convenient for just about everything. I especially enjoyed getting my exercise on the river walk with all the sights and sounds. The many honking geese made me laugh over and over. (In Albuquerque we have the funny roadrunners, but they're rare.)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank albuquerqueash
British Columbia
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I visit Calgary a couple of times each year to visit family, and never give a thought to staying anywhere but the Westways. I've stayed there probably six or seven times and in all that time have had no bigger complaint than a somewhat noisy ceiling fan in a bathroom. I've stayed in almost every room in the place now and have enjoyed them all immensely. Each is beautifully furnished in a style appropriate to the Victorian character of the home, and each has its own distinctive features. Jonathan and Graham provide excellent service, including a substantial and tasty breakfast. What really sets the Westways apart, however, is the location. Situated just a block north of the Elbow River, it's close to some of the most beautiful parkland in the city and a comfortable walk from downtown. Lots of great restaurants nearby, too, including the Wildwood and Reader Rock Gardens. Finding the Westways has made my time in Calgary much more enjoyable. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank ModB
Victoria
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Great location in the southwest of Calgary, close to downtown and walking distance to all the great little restaurants on 4th Street SW. The bed in our room was one of the most comfortable I have experienced and the breakfast was outstanding. This is a beautifully restored 1912 home and we were made to feel very welcome. I heartily recommend this establishment as a great alternative to a hotel in Calgary.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple