Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanquiet staycalgary airportlate checkpool and hot tubimranwestjetstopoverloungestampedevehicleconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I arrived at 12:30am and realized upon attempting attempting check in that I lost my only credit/debit card at the airport (left it in the ATM). The hotel staff was extremely unhelpful, telling me basically that I was SOL. Even though they HAD MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE, they said they needed to swipe the physical card in order to let me check in. What's more, they were going to charge me a no-show fee of one day's stay - so evidently they would charge my card (which they said they were unable to do!), just not let me stay at the hotel. Anytime I asked about my options the response was the same: "you need a credit card". Finally I asked about a cash deposit: I had $180 on hand, but they required $250 - completely inflexible. Finally (over an hour of hassle and many phone calls to booking.com later) I called my fiance and had her email a photo of her credit card - apparently this did the trick. I had to suggest all of these options; they contributed nothing, and seemingly couldn't care less if I spent the night out in the parking lot.

In conclusion: extremely unhelpful, terrible service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lukasz F
Reviewed October 27, 2012

From time we checked in, the word Welcoming was exemplified at every turn of my stay. While the property is in a some "worn out" shape, specific individuals made the experience different and more memorable.

Front Desk Reception Andrea and Kutay, teamed with Housekeeping staff, could not have been more helpful, jovial, or caring. Andrea presented me with her warm and genuine friendly greeting. Kutay ,took the time from a busy desk to help me every time with my questions. Jay, inDaltons has been uniquely courteous and attentive every time he is serving our table. Not to forget the housekeeping ladies faces who made a good job cleaning our rooms. They genuinely greeted me every time I encounter them.

What may seem like basic gestures for me portray the essence of service.

Thank You All. You would be a reason to return to Greenwood Inn & Suites.

2  Thank Trotter G
Reviewed October 25, 2012

When our flight into Calgary was delayed we missed our connection to San Francisco. So Air Canada arranged for overnight accommodation at the Greenwood Inn and Suites. They also provided meal vouchers. Here's the good: the room was just fine; and the meal in the hotel restaurant was great. But now the bad: The front desk staff were unfriendly, even curt. That's when they were there! I needed to make a phone call from the room. The call would not go through. I tried to call the front desk, but there was no answer. So I went down to the front desk and found the clerk chatting away on his phone and totally ignoring other calls coming in. I politely explained my need to make a call. As he set the system to allow me to do so, he made me feel as though it was all my fault! Later I needed to request a wake-up call. Again I I rang the front desk and got no response. When I went down to check, there was not a soul attending the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LPW_11
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Greenwood Inn in Calgary due to all of my regular hotels being sold out. First impressions are that the hotel is dated and could use many renovations. The front desk staff were helpful, but seemed quite confused with their own booking systems, as they had me booked for the previous night and charged a no-show on my card. Once it was all figured out, I had no other issues with their service or staff.

1  Thank rcaf_14
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I attended a 3 day function at this hotel and I was so disappointed. I believe that this is a "sick" building. Both my room-mate and myself experienced dizziness/lightheadedness that went away whenever we left the building for a period of time. Food was just satisfactory. The banquet servers were outstanding. Housekeeping was very good on couple days and not so up to par on the other day. Bed linens are very worn out. Elevators were scary. The lounge service was not okay and more than one server could not keep our orders straight. We just settled for what they served us.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
1  Thank happycat4