Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #57 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Edmonton, Alberta
“OK stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently stayed at the Greenwood Inn in Calgary due to all of my regular hotels being sold out. First impressions are that the hotel is dated and could use many renovations. The front desk staff were helpful, but seemed quite confused with their own booking systems, as they had me booked for the previous night and charged a no-show on my card. Once it was all figured out, I had no other issues with their service or staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rcaf_14

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Edmonton, Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I attended a 3 day function at this hotel and I was so disappointed. I believe that this is a "sick" building. Both my room-mate and myself experienced dizziness/lightheadedness that went away whenever we left the building for a period of time. Food was just satisfactory. The banquet servers were outstanding. Housekeeping was very good on couple days and not so up to par on the other day. Bed linens are very worn out. Elevators were scary. The lounge service was not okay and more than one server could not keep our orders straight. We just settled for what they served us.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank happycat4

Travelers are raving about these Calgary hotels

Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I didn't get here by choice. My client booked me here. Think of this place as a regular "motel", expect this to be a cheap motel and you will feel better.

I arrived around midnight, after a lot of complaining: small bed, bad shower head, smelly room, etc. none of these complaint works. Then I asked for a bottle of water, they said go to the vending machine. I just came from the USA, so I didn't have any cash. They said go down to the front desk and they will give me a cup of water.

Finally, I notice there's a cigarette odor in my room (at least I thought that was cigarette odor), so I called and said that I cannot go to bed because the bed and the room has cigarette odor and I develop a rash on my face, etc, etc.. and they moved me to a junior suite.

What's in the "suite"? There's a king size bed with a bottle of water.

After two hours haggling with the clerks, I now can sleep for the next few days and they earned a three-star rating.

Room Tip: Keep complaining until you get to the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin D
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I decided to try out this hotel because booking.com had a great deal on it. I waited for 10 mins at the front desk to check in before someone noticed me. Then the agent told me there was an issue with my booking. I had reserved online but called two days prior to confirm they had my booking and to advise them that I would have my dog with me. They spent 15 mins trying to contact someone to find out which rooms were pet friendly, the person never responded so the agent went and got his Supervisor to ask what to do. I then waited another 45 mins for them to figure it out and clean a room, but ended up getting someone else's reserved room instead. They did not offer a discount or an upgrade, nothing for the error and delay. I got to the room. The carpets and comforters were filthy!!! My dog wouldn't even sit on the bed! The room smelled like pee and there was a yellow stain and a pee smell on one of the pillows! I have never been so disgusted by a so called 4 star hotel in my life! I paid the money and knew I couldn't get a refund so I decided to stick it out. I ordered room service for dinner. I ordered steak-med rare, it was over cooked, and an apple juice. My meal arrived 15 mins later than they told me it would be, fine. They forgot my juice! So i called room service and they sent me up an Orange Juice! The only recommendation I will give this hotel, is to stay the hell away from it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Nhan654
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed there two nights during Stampede and it was busy but that didn't matter. Service was great! Room was very nice and comfortable!! Great price too considering they could have charged a lot more during Stampede.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marie_198327
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel has a nice feel to it and you will get a good night's sleep in the spacious King rooms. They are very clean and comfortable. There are plenty of places to eat in the surrounding area. We found the breakfast disappointing and would recommend walking over to the nearby Sheraton for a lots of healthier options in their Cafe for only two dollars extra.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Irwi
Concord
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Greenwood is very relaxing and clean hotel. The staff is courteous and strive to make your stay pleasant. The restaurant and lounge are great and the conference rooms are more than adequate. May be not 5 star but definitely above average.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business