Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Calgary-Airport, AB
$154
Sheraton.com
$109
$85
All reviewsfront deskfree cookiesroom was cleangreat hotelhot itemscalgary airportpool and hot tubthe breakfast areafresh fruitsofa bedking suiteseparate bedroomhot breakfastwaffle makercalaway parknext morningnice breakfast
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel to Calgary on business a lot and I stay at the Calgary Inn and Suites as often as I can. The value is great, the rooms are comfortable. Wi-fi and breakfast is included in the price and best of all is the staff! Steve and Mike always remember my name (not sure if this is good or bad - am I there too often?) and they always take great care of their guests.

Room Tip: KIng suite is great for more than one night!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WesternCanadianGal
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Had a weekend stay at the Country Inn, after winning the room from a third party bidding site. The price was excellent and I was pleased that I wasn't put in a shoddier room due to using the other site.

Check in was very efficient. Keys were ready when I arrived and it seemed they'd be likely to accommodate a room change if I had asked since the hotel seemed to be only 2/3 full on the weekend. They had the standard fresh cookies in a jar on the counter. I was in my room within 4 minutes of my arrival and received a call within 30 minutes to ask if I was happy with my room.

The room itself was very good. Size of the room and washroom was comparable with the Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn Express in the area. The decorating was (as the name of the hotel would suggest) country casual. The furniture was newish and well maintained. There was a flat screen TV with limited Pay Per View options and a small selection of cable television channels. There was a long counter where the TV was perched, a working desk and a 2-3 seat sofa. The room was more than spacious for 2 people. I found the bed to be a bit more firm than I would have liked but that is a personal preference. Bathroom toiletries were fairly basic, with Pantene shampoo and conditioner, soap, all purpose cloth, and Vaseline moisturizer.

The breakfast choices were pretty good for a standard free hotel breakfast. Waffles, two to three hot egg or meat choices, oatmeal, fruit salad, coffee. The breakfast hostess was very welcoming and eager to assist. Housekeeping kept the hotel immaculately clean, although they start cleaning rooms later in the day --this may be inconvenient for those that wish to stay in their room in the early to mid afternoon.

I have a few small quibbles with the hotel. I'm a younger business traveler whom is on the road about 75-90 days each year. I have my preferred hotels in the province that I choose for value, service and quiet. During my stay, my floor was overrun by families. Other than them bouncing between rooms on a mildly irritating basis, they didn't make any more noise than I would expect from any reasonable family --nevertheless, the hotel soundproofing could be better as I heard children's laughter from the adjacent room quite audibly and could hear entire conversations outside.

My other small issue is that the hotel's internet is not password protected or encrypted. While the convenience factor is great for casual users, I did not feel secure enough to log in to my work network.

The Country Inn is probably the best value choice in the Calgary airport area. I have stayed in almost every 2.5 star level or higher hotel in the area and think this hotel offers the best value, with free parking, internet and breakfast. It is also about $10-20 less than similar hotels in the area. Staff were lovely during my stay, but (in my opinion) there are about three other hotels in the area that offer a bit more service and truly excel at meeting and exceeding guest standards. It is a perfect for families or individuals that want slightly better accommodation than the Travelodge and Motel 6s of the world. However, the noise from the groups of families was irritating to me --they could have been quieter but there does seem to be a lack of noise proofing. I don't think it's an issue the hotel can address at this point but it is worth noting.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank game_misconduct
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites, Calgary for one night at the end of a wonderful holiday in Canada before flying back to the UK. The checking in process was very smooth, quick and extremely friendly. We were delighted that we had been upgraded to a suite – just one of those things our friendly receptionist told us.

The suite was very spacious and spotlessly clean with all the amenities that you could wish for. All in all, very comfortable.

After settling in and on the way out for the evening, we had some questions about visiting Calgary Zoo the following day. These were comprehensively answered, in fact they answered them before I could ask anticipating each of them which included giving me a business card with the hotel’s address for the taxi driver!

There was a great complimentary buffet breakfast with a good choice of cereals, pastries and all sorts of things. The icing on the cake was the complimentary shuttle to the airport.

Overall, excellent – very helpful and genuinely friendly staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank dlawrence
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the night before a flight out of Calgary. The staff when I checked in were extremely friendly, they upgraded my room to a suite since I'm a Club Carlson member, called my room to make sure everything was okay -- they couldn't have been more attentive. Room was up-to-date, quiet and comfortable. They have a very large breakfast area with a wonderful assortment of hot and cold items. I believe they have a shuttle to airport, but I had a car rental and it took me less than 15 minutes to drive to the airport the next morning. I would recommend this hotel. There is a Chili's restaurant next door, and there was a menu in the room indicating that Chili's will provide room service. The hotel is close to a busy road, but far enough off that I didn't hear traffic. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank senior_traveller_10
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We loved our stay here, were there only one night. It was quiet, all the staff were really nice, the pool is open late, the breakfast was great! Loved the waffles! Bed was very comfortable. I booked this hotel through hotwire which is always a gamble but paid off big this time! The exercise room was nice as well and they have coffee and tea in the front area all day long. It's in a good location, we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple