“Clean, spacious rooms”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB
Ranked #18 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here after our long flight from Heathrow and were delighted with our room and the service we received. The room appeared to be newly referbished with a big comfy bed, a large spotlessly clean bathroom and a seperate living area. The airport shuttle was efficient and the breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful. Highly reccomended airport hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SH3107
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Thank you for your time in posting a review on your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Calgary-Airport.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything from our your one bedroom suite accommodation to our friendly staff, complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle met your expectations.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Calgary!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I slept at this airport hotel...it had good reviews....the checkin was great, the service at the front desk was most pleasant, quick and efficient with nice cookies to boot! The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, the amenities good...BUT...they forgot to wake me up! For an airport hotel, the most important thing is the correct and accurate timing of the wake up call...I never got mine!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MAMCalgary
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

We appreciate your time in posting a review on your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites.

I am very sorry to hear that your wakeup call was not completed as requested and would ask that you contact me at your convenience so that I can investigate the situation. We understand the importance of ensuring that our guest's are up and on their way and I am regret that we let you down.

403-250-1800
leanne.shaw-brotherston@countryinns.com

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The Country Inn and Suites is not my first choice when I travel someplace just because I collect points with other hotel chains. But I had to stay here this time and I think the experience was excellent. The check in was quick and efficient, the room was clean, feeling like new, the washroom was clean.

The internet worked out well and the bed was comfortable. The bill was accurate and they offered coffee and a cereal bar in the morning for those who didn't want to take the full breakfast.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Cannuck1964
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you for your time in posting a review on your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Calgary-Airport.

I am happy to hear that you found the overall experience with our hotel to be excellent.

We know that for the frequent traveller being able to collect points is an important part of the decision process and we'd like to invite you to become a member of Club Carlson so that you can earn valuable points when you stay with us as well.

We look forward to having you as our guest again next time your travels bring you to Calgary!

Reviewed March 29, 2012

We had to get a hotel in calgary for an overnight stay , and went on hotwire and got this hotel, it was very nice as country inn and suites usually are. The bed was oh so comfortable especially after flying for 5 hours. The room spacious and the continental breakfast was great. Lots of food to choose from hot or cold.
the check in at 115 am was fast and efficient, and check out same. WE had shuttle which was great, the only thing I can say is other then for an overnighter I probably would not stay here because it is in an industrial zone and far from the city still

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank murchcanada
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything met your needs for a qucik overnight in Calgary.

We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Calgary!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

They promote the property using "Calgary Airport," and claim to supply an "Airport Shuttle." Truth is they share a second rate service with other properties and you must pre-book.

If the shuttle is full - you are OUT OF LUCK.

We were even prepared to go early, shuttle still full.

$25 Cab ride to the Airport!

I suggest you find somewhere (anywhere) else.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Jonny5_0_0
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to discuss your experience at our hotel. Please rest assured that we have implemented a process here at the Country Inn & Suites Calgary Airport that has completely resolved any issues pertaining to our shuttle service.

We pride ourselves on providing a caring, consistent comfortable experience and hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Calgary.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Country Inn. I was actually quite surprised at how good the hotel and rooms were. The hotel did not have my reservation, but other than that, everything was very smooth. The room was clean and quiet, and the bed (king sized) was very comfortable. Complimentary coffee and tea came with the room, but no bottled water. The room came with free breakfast, but I did not have time to try it as I was off to a meeting.

Both the pool and exercise room were on the first floor, but due to my schedule, I was not able to try either.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kmsultan
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

We appreciate your time in posting a review following you recent stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our hotel and hope that next time you are with us you will have time to at least enjoy breakfast as well!

Again thank your for your review and we hope to see you again next time your business brings you to Calgary.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Two nights with our two teenage boys in an Executive King Suite - one bedroom suite with larger living room and second half bath. Service was great; room was spacious and clean; salt water pool was nice and warm; breakfast was fine for hotel grade. Only two small down sides - the room was very warm even though we had turned the thermostat down. Opened the windows to get some cool air and that led to the second problem. Our room was facing the two nearby restaurants and there was noisy garbage bin pickups going on frequently during both nights. We have stayed here many times over the years and the hotel is well maintained and good value when travelling with the family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the restaurants.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank PrincessCaroline13
CountryJunkie, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calgary-Airport, AB, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Thank you for your time in posting a review on your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us and that over the years you have found us to be a consistent good value for your trips to Calgary.

I appreciate your letting us know that you were unable to cool your suite down enough at night and will be certain to have our maintenance department check the cooling systems in our Executive Suites to rectify any problems.

Again thank you for your kind review and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Calgary!