“Great Hotel”

Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
British Columbia, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stay at this hotel quite often. They service is excellent and the rooms very comfortable. They have just renovated and the rooms are very classy. The restaurant on-site is very good as well plus they have the best deal going in Calgary for leaving your car while away traveling and their shuttle service is reliable. We would not stay at any other hotel in the airport area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Active_Oldie1942
RoyalInnCalgary, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Calgary, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Ralph L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review of our property. Your comments were shared with our team. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Danny Marshall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Have stayed in the Exec royal on several occasions.
Either when in town on business,or as a stop over when flying out.
The staff are always helpful and the rooms are clean and tidy.
Breakfast is always good with an egg station so you may have the eggs you wish freshly prepared. Other guest have told me that the sunday Brunch is also worth a visit .
Maybe on my next stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
RoyalInnCalgary, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Calgary, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear stebat,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We feel that we are well suited for a business traveler and were very happy to read your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We booked jet-tub suite with romance package several months ago for our last night in Calgary after a month long trip to New Zealand and Australia. We knew it would be a long long trip home and decided to reward ourselves with a luxury suite. I found the Executive Royal Hotel on Trip Advisor with good reviews,,,we had never stayed there before.
Good choice!
This was one of the nicest suites in a hotel with friendly helpful staff, good food and service with free airport shuttle WiFi and top notch amenities we have ever stayed in!
The crew who delivered the 'romance package' (champagne, a dozen roses with rose petals spread across the floor and to the jet tub and up to the bed with chocolate cover strawberries on a tray) have to be commended! Wow! Good on ya'!
The hotel has recently been remodelled with hardwood floors and upscale amenities in the suite and throughout. A smaller version of the suite is also available along with regular rooms.
The price for the experience we had was fair and well worth it, especially at the end of a 33 hours of flying from Perth AU…we had been awake (except for dozing on the various planes) for about 50 hours.
Our stay at the Executive Royal Hotel suite was like a night in paradise!
We will definitely return.

Room Tip: The (included) breakfast was wonderful! There is a lively English Pub across the street. Easy to get...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear pjston,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience during your stay on Tripadvisor. We were very happy to read your comments and share them with our entire team. We were also very pleased to see that you enjoyed our updated rooms. We are just putting the finishing touches on a few of our guest rooms and are very happy with how they turned out. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The most pet friendly hotel in which I have ever stayed. Reasonably priced, friendly, and the rooms were clean and spacious. The people at the front desk helped with every possible question I could have had including questions about the city, transportation, competitors, etc. Delicious food in the restaurant. I would highly recommend it, and would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Armando A
Dear Armando A,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We pride ourselves on making both our two legged and four legged guests feel welcome. We hope to see you back again in the future.

Secaucus, NJ
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was my 3rd stay at the Executive Royal Inn in Calgary. It is the only hotel I request. The rooms are lovely, and I never heard a sound from either inside or outside. The beds are most comfortable.- I wish I could get those pillows for home! The staff is so very friendly. They always have a pleasant comment and are willing to assist with any need. I was actually quite surprised that they remembered me from my last trip. The breakfast buffet was tasty, and the room service menu had a great selection. My meals arrived within 15 minutes of my call. I exchanged some USD for CAD and received a fair ROE. I would highly recommend the Executive Royal Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank antkatth
Dear antkatth,

We're happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when travelling to Calgary. Our hotel is solid concrete and cinder block construction making for a very solid and quiet hotel. I'm also happy to share that you can order the same pillows that we have in our guest rooms to be shipped right to your house. The company that we order from is Eden Textiles, here is a link to their site http://edentextile.com/index.html . You can order direct off of the website, our pillows are from the "Opulence" line.

Once again than you for choosing the Executive Royal Hotel Calgary,

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed here last August as a stop over. The hotel has a very welcoming lobby. The staff are friendly and helpsul when you need something. The room was clean and everything worked to my expectations. The beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed a good night's rest.

We went into the lounge and again, the staff were friendly and helpful. If I am ever in Calgary again, I will certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear LeafsFan63,

Thank you for choosing the Executive Royal Hotel Calgary. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have shared your comments with our team.

We look forward to seeing you again,

London, Kentucky
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at Executive Royal Hotel Calgary when my connecting flight was delayed due to weather. Although I was anxious to get to my destination, this unexpected pit stop turned out to be a delight. When I arrived, I was checked in promptly and received good customer service at the front desk.

However, I was not approached by any of the door men or asked if they could help me up to my rooms with my very heavy suitcases. I was left to do this on my own with the suitcase carriers on wheels. It would have been nice if someone offered to help me.

It became more difficult once I arrived to my floor to learn that the hotel was under renovation, thus the hallways where almost too narrow to fit my luggage on wheels. I struggled a lot just to get to my room. It's understandable when a hotel is under renovation, but everything piled up just looked really bad, I saw a blade lying on the ground (which was gone by morning, they must have cleaned it up, which is good) and the hall just smelt like whatever materials they where using to renovate. I'm not sure if it was for the installation of new wood floors or what not, but I did not like the smell in the morning. Again, it's understandable, I just wish it wasn't during my stay. I guess we would all feel that way.

All this aside, I feel my stay was quite comfortable. I got dinner as well as breakfast and have no complaints about the taste of the food. I do feel, however, that the buffet breakfast is overpriced. I had a voucher for the breakfast and was told it was not enough for the buffet (short only by a few $...) and that I could only take fruit and toast. I feel like good customer service would have been to just allow me to have anything I wanted from the buffet. This is just my opinion.

I feel like their renovations are worth it, because my room seemed to be one of the new ones. Everything was new, cleaned to the highest standards and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The TV's where brand new and had a good amount of selection. Wifi was complimentary as well. I slept very well and there was not much noise. The housekeeping staff member was very understanding with mine checking out late and I really appreciated her patience.

I worked out a little in the morning in their gym and that was a good experience too. The gym had a good variety of equipment and good supply of cold water in their tank. I'm not sure if they have a pool.

It's kind of far from the airport, but they also have a shuttle to and from the airport which was incredibly helpful.

Despite the fact that I did not initially plan on staying here, I would say my experience was mostly pretty good. It's not super fancy, but on a scale from 1-10, 10 being fanciest, I would say it's a strong 6.5 or 7. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Fran D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We're happy to hear that we were a comfortable stay for you during your trip. We're sorry that our floor updates did make for some cramp corridors. We have completed the flooring installation and hope to be completed the last of our updates in the next couple of months. We hope that you will be through Calgary again and choose the Executive Royal Hotel so that you will be able to see the completed product.

Once again thank you for staying with us and writing a review.

Yours in hospitality ,