Executive Royal Hotel Calgary
$134
$92
$86
Travelocity
All reviewsrocky mountainfront deskhardwood floorsroom was cleansunridge mallnight managerspecial ratenext morningclose to the airporthotel restaurantlots of parkingsized bedcleaning staffdecent hotelstayed here for one nightshuttle busair conditioner
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Room is very clean and quiet. Bathroom is fit for use. Price is reasonable. Very close to the airport. Parking is free. We paid at Priceline.com in advance to get a great deal, but no breakfast if bidding through Priceline and only one queen size bed in the room.

Room Tip: We bid through Priceline, so the room was already determined. The room is so quiet, so do not warry about the noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We got a pretty good deal on this room by paying far in advance- and for the price we paid, we were really happy with the room. There was a bit of chipped paint in the restroom, but we're pretty laid back. I will say that the pillows were HUGE and thus uncomfortable- but when we asked for flat ones, they were happy to lend us some- so it worked out.

We were told that all the rooms can with refrigerators (no bar), and we were able to request a room with a microwave at no extra charge. This is pretty important to me as I have food allergies.

The location was great for us while we were in town visiting family, but it wasn't scenic in the least. The staff at the desk was great, and the housekeeping crew was effective.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

- even though on a busy road, traffic noise minimal
- was upgraded rooms ... honeymoon upgrade to look out over the Hooters.
- clean, cool, in room Keurig was a bonus
- the bar across the street was convenient and had great food
- when arrived at the hotel, there were three employees at the front desk, two guests at the desk they were serving, and it took them 20 minutes to acknowledge we were even standing there.
- a simple "hi, welcome, we will be with you soon please have a seat" would have sufficed.
- the lobby was cold, in an atmosphere kind of way. appeared clean
- in lobby store had horrible gas/burning smell coming from their fridge, so couldn't even shop there.
- really was impressed by the place, not that it was a 'wow' but that for an affordable price it was clean and easily accessible.
would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here on business and had an ok stay. There really wasn't much to get excited about and nothing very negative to say. I asked for a quiet room and was put on the main floor at the back. It was my fault that i didn't go change the room after the first night + morning. People are up at 5:30am and the door banging to the outside was constant. So if they recommend you a quiet room, don't take one by one of the exits. The room was clean and was functional. The bathroom was ok. Ever since i read online about hotels and unwrapped glasses, I've always brought my own little cup....in this bathroom one of the glasses had tiny bits of something in it even though it had a white paper lid on it. Low toilet paper on the holder wasn't changed. And when it was there was no roll on it. I had to open a new roll myself it in. Not a big deal but it's not my job. Like another reviewer, the key card didn't work after the 1st day so I had to go get it fixed.
So in summary, it was an uneventful stay. Not great and not very bad.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the exits if you're told it is quiet down there
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in late August 2013.
Pro: good room size, clean, good bathing supplies, looks classy but not outdated, comfortable bed

Con: I had to go to customer service to reactive my room card for all 3 nights! I think they have card programming problem. I talked to the manager about this issue, but nothing was offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo