Executive Royal Hotel Calgary
$134
$130
$120
$101
Delta Hotels Calgary Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$226
$147
$158
$132
Sheraton.com
$199
$140
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
$119
$79
$73
$157
$99
All reviewsrocky mountainfront deskhardwood floorsroom was cleansunridge mallnight managerspecial ratenext morningclose to the airporthotel restaurantlots of parkingsized bedcleaning staffdecent hotelstayed here for one nightshuttle busair conditioner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2008

We spent one night at this hotel and will be spending another 2 nights when we fly out to Mexico. This hotel is easy to get to and we found the check in was great and accommodating. We arrived early because we were going to a funeral and the hotel was very accommodating and checked us in early. This is a basic hotel but very clean and the price is right. We ate in their restaurant and it was a Prime Rib Buffet. It was excellent. Looking forward to returning in three weeks.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2007

I really do like this hotel and have stayed a number of times.
The hotel is very nice and clean and I've always gotten a great rate!! Hotel staff have always been friendly and helpful.
It seems that they do cater to all types of guests including many business people....so the one and only issue I have is that I wish they would get wireless internet in the hotel. It would really help. I know they can provide plug in connections from the front desk But I have never gotten it to work and if their are a couple people both with laptops their is only one plug-in connection(jack) in the rooms.
Otherwise I can only say good things about this hotel and have recommend it a number of times to other people.

Stayed: December 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We spent the August long weekend (the night of august 4th) in Calgary and were impressed with this Hotel. The feel of the Hotel is very new with lots of available parking. The Inn isn't hard to locate as it is situated in an area where there are plenty of other hotels and restaurants.

When we got to Calgary our check-in time was 3pm but we were allowed to check-in earlier @11am. This allowed us some time to relax and freshen up from the long drive. There was no extra charge for the extra time in the room. We paid with all taxes $136.00 CDN for our stay. When looking around for places to stay for the August long weekend I couldn't find anything for less than $160.00 CDN. I feel you really get more than what you are paying for....especially for the time when we went...when all the prices in the city are raised!

The front staff at the Inn are very friendly and efficient. The cleaning staff are also friendly and willing to lend a helping hand whenever they can. We found our room to be above average clean. The room we stayed in had a queen bed with a sofa, tv, fridge (for takeout)! office desk and the usual amenities. Make sure to take your laptop because they do have internet access from their rooms. There is lots of room to put our luggage and walk around in the room. It didn't feel cramped for two people. The furniture and the general feel of the room with its decor was very new. There is also a sauna and hottub which we didn't use.

As I mentioned there are plenty of restaurants in walking distance. The two we went to were Perkins (breakfast) and Tony Roma's (dinner) The portions are very big and filling...especially breakfast. Perkins also serves a great French Toast and they put the coffee right at your table!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Anand N
Reviewed August 15, 2007

Stayed at Executive Inn for 2 nights. The hotel doesn’t have a swimming pool, but does have 2 small (4 people size) Jacuzzi, and 2 small steam rooms (it look like a shower, that can handle 2 people inside). The hotel has one restaurant, the Graze Grill; but have a few restaurants that are within walking distance, which includes Hooters, Earls, Tony’s Roma, Joey's Tomato and a pub across the street.

About the previous poster that mentioned missing belonging; I personally did not have that problem. On Tuesday morning, I was worried about leaving my $2,000+ laptop in the trunk of my car, at the same time I was sceptical about leaving it in my room. I decided to leave the laptop behind in the room; at the same time I left my jacket, with loose change inside my pockets behind too. Furthermore, while my luggage was zipped up, I left it on the sofa. When I returned, none of my personal belonging was touched, it was exactly the same way I left it. My bed was made up perfect, and the washroom cleaned perfectly as well. From my personal experience, the complaint about missing belongings has no merit.

The reception was nice and polite, and when the Spa ran out of towels, I went to the front reception to inform her, and within 10 minutes she showed up with more towels. The Graze Grill Restaurant is a pure beef place, check out their website to see their menu. They have a 5 lb steak challenge, which I tried, but I only finished 3.5 lbs before calling it quit. The service is spectacular, would rank the service as good as being on a cruise.

As for the room I had no problems with noise, and the bed was comfortable. The room is a little dark, the hotel uses the low energy light bulbs, and takes time to warm up, even then the room is still a little dark for my liking. Executive Inn does offer free internet in the room. The connection is not on the lamp, but if you follow the telephone line to the face plate on the wall, you will find the data port right beside it. The jacks you see on the lamp is for telephone. Make sure you bring an extra Ethernet cable with you, not sure if the hotel provides one or not, but there was no cable in the desk. To my surprise the high speed internet is pretty fast, I would say about 5 Mbps….I had to download an upgrade for my laptop, and the file came in about 300k/s.

While Executive Inn is no 5 star hotel, from my personal experience, the staff tries their very best to make you stay as comfortable as possible, and I have no problems recommending this hotel to anyone that like staying at a 3 star hotel. Next time I’m in Calgary for business, I know where I will be staying. Thanks for the great hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank vegas257
Reviewed August 8, 2007

Excellent room: clean, quiet, friendly staff, good location, decent price from Expedia. No problems with any of the physical items in the rooms. We stayed there twice this year and it would be our first choice if revisiting Calgary.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple