My wife and I have stayed here a few times over the past four or five years. Every time has been very enjoyable. Rooms are nicely decorated, staff are fantastic, and the restaurant is terrific (especially for breakfast). We stayed in room 101 (one of their luxury suites) for one night in November, and while the room itself was very nice, the location of the room was problematic. We noticed 3 things about the room:
- It's located on the main floor, just off the main lobby area. In the evening they setup tables for the restaurant in the lobby area, which means that you wind up with diners just outside your door - this is a little noisy.
- The room has a small balcony with patio doors facing the front of the hotel. While the hotel has installed excellent blinds in the windows to minimize light entering the room from the street at night, the blinds on the patio doors do not fit flush with the window, which means that light from the street enters the room through the gaps between the blinds and the door. Headlights from passing cars sweeps across the bed at night, and there is a street lamp that lines up directly with the gaps and the bed, which results in a couple of strips of fairly bright light across the bed at night. If you like a dark room when you sleep, this will probably cause you an issue.
- Finally, the room is also located on the main floor, facing Memorial Drive. The traffic noise can get a little loud at times.
We returned a couple of nights later on our way back home and stayed in room 219, which is one of their king size rooms. We had no issues with this one. Overall, our stay was really enjoyable, and the staff was genuinely interested in our views of room 101 after staying there. I still recommend this hotel with no hesitation, just be aware of the items that come along with 101 if you stay there. Still our favourite hotel in Calgary, and I still rate it as excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kensington Riverside Inn is Calgary's premier luxury boutique Inn located steps from Downtown Calgary along the banks of the picturesque Bow River in Kensington Village. This 19-room boutique inn features upscale accommodations for the discerning traveler, as well as the renowned Chef's Table restaurant. Your "Inn" experience will include evening turndown service, morning coffee/tea tray with newspaper, as well as complimentary high-speed wireless internet and bottled water in the guest room. When booking with the Inn directly, guests will receive a $20 per person food and beverage credit at the Chefs Table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Kensington Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Riverside Hotel Calgary