I would defineltly recommend this little bed/breakfast/boutique hotel to anyone looking for soemthing different or a new experience from the regular hotels out there.
Our flight to Calgary got in early and we decided to see if we could check in at 9:00 AM. To our delight the hotel manager Weryna was working the front desk and not only allowed us to check in early but also gave a super good upgrade for free and showed us the room before checking us in! We also were given a free late check-out of 1:00 PM the following day! The Lobby, Front area and Dining room are beautiful and on trend with the style of today. The rooms are clean and I LOVE the heated towel bar and spa products in the bathroom! There is complementary tea or Coffee in the morning sitting at your door with a free paper as well as a turn down service at night. They made the bed up for us, put chocolate on the pillows and put a card down of what the weather was expected to be the next day as well as gave us complementary Breakfast coupons for the following morning! There was even rose petals on the bed for us when we retruned from dinner! The food is extrodinary. A great fusion of taste and presentation and worth every penny. Portions are correct as well.
There were a few downsides but nothing that took away from our stay.
1. They are currently fiishing up some renovation so during the later part of the afternoon you could hear some construction , this didn't take aways from any sleep though.
2. The room we had was a little bit dated but really still MUCH better than any chain hotel that we have stayed at in Alberta.
3. Our Suite was directly above the Kitchen and we could smell the steaks around 5-9PM
These are really totally minor compared to the amazing staff, attention to detail, and care that goes into your stay. We will definelty be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kensington Riverside Inn is Calgary's premier luxury boutique Inn located steps from Downtown Calgary along the banks of the picturesque Bow River in Kensington Village. This 19-room boutique inn features upscale accommodations for the discerning traveler, as well as our newest addition, Oxbow, serving unique and seasonal cuisine, letting you appreciate dining as it was meant to be, honestly uncomplicated. Your "Inn" experience will include evening turndown service, morning coffee/tea tray with newspaper, as well as complimentary high-speed wireless internet and bottled water in the guest room. When booking with the Inn directly, guests will receive a $20 per person culinary credit at Oxbow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kensington Riverside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kensington Riverside Hotel Calgary