“Truly awesome!”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Truly awesome!”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife and I spent our wedding night at the Sheraton Eau Claire. We arrived very late after our wedding and were congratulated on our marriage, upgraded to a suite and found our bags (dropped off earlier by a relative) waiting for us in our room along with a decadent complimentary desert.

Our room was extremely clean, modern and spacious. The cotton robes were a wonderful touch and really made me feel welcome after a long day. The king size bed in our room was fantastic!

Unfortunately, being native Calgarians we were only able to spend one night. Too bad we couldn't have spent a few more nights here! All staff members we had the pleasure of dealing with were extremely friendly, helpful and quick to offer us congratulations on our marriage.

I'd definitely recommend the Sheraton Eau Claire to anyone looking to stay in downtown Calgary!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Korean first
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 15, 2009

Beautiful hotel, located in the heart of downtown, with easy walking access to many restaurants, coffee houses and bars. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. The indoor pool (which could have been heated more!) has a water slide for the kids. There are two restaurants that looked great, although we didn't eat there. The rooms are fully equipped and very comfy. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisashelly
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Stayed here on business recently and was impressed by the high-quality of service I received from check-in staff, concierge, and bell staff. The suite was nice enough - perhaps a little dated but nothing to complain about. The room was stocked with nice ammenities, and my suite had a whirlpool bath which was nice. Unfortunately I had to switch to the Westin on my second night, but I would definately stay at this hotel again, just for the service.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jnugent
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We have been staying at the Sheraton Eau Claire for over 12 years and everytime is such a delight! I feel so at home. The staff is mostly the same from visit to visit and extremely courteous and willing to please. I must admit, though, that the rates do keep escalating from year to year, and I wonder how they can charge these ridiculous rates! Same with regard to parking. (We're lucky to have a corporate rate ). This time when we entered our suite, wine, chocolates, and premium bottled water was waiting for us. What I like the most about this Sheraton is that they are all suites. Perfect, as my husband is an early riser and can do business in the living room portion, while I sleep in. I also like that the vanity and sink are separate from the toilet and bath/shower. Also, there areTV's in both areas of the suite, and with the doors closed, each can watch their own channel. Location is superb with the park so close and you don't get that 'hustle/bustle city' feel as in other downtown hotels. I hope we can still afford to stay here whenever we visit Calgary.

Stayed August 2009
1 Thank WesternGardener
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Stayed for a couple of nights during the Calgary Stampede. I booked on points, but other family staying with us paid over $400/night! While the location may be flawless (near downtown, restaurants, shopping, etc), nothing could justify me paying that kind of money. We were told only option was to pay $35/night hotel parking, then discovered that directly across the street was overnight parking for $3. Lots of nickel/diming ($15 internet).

Rooms were suites, but I found them "smallish" and "dark", which normally I wouldn't mention were it not for the price.

All in all.... great location, staff and experience (but nothing extraordinary).... just be sure you are willing to part with that kind of money.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelinMan314
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Stayed here with family in early July. The hotel was all decked out for the Stampede as were the staff. Really showed how much they care! Great with kids and kids especially enjoyed the water slide in the pool. My only issue with the hotel is they need a better choice of pillows.... only seem to have bulky hard ones. Definitely no options for stomach or side sleepers. Pillows was my only issue during both visits.

And by the way it is the best location in Calgary!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MTCB
Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We stayed here for one night as we travelled through Calgary and I never thought of downtown as a great place to stay with a family but I have now changed my mind. First of all, we got a great deal on this hotel. We only paid $134. All rooms are suites with a seperate bedroom. It was great for a family because of the pool with the waterslide and the park with in walking distance. Also, there are several restaurants within walking distance so you can park for the night and just enjoy the area.

The service in this hotel is the best I have seen. Every single staff members greets you with a smile and is ready to help you.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family