“Sheraton eau claire”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This hotel is one of the best Sheraton i have stayed at. From time you arrive in the cab the staff make you feel right at home. They seem to remember your name and welcome you back by calling you by name. The bartender BEN in the irish pub again remember your name and your favourite drink. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone including my family members.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Ella S, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass on your accolades to Ben in Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again for the recommendation.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

In the summer of 2012, stayed at Sheraton suites Calgary eau Claire and it was amazing. The room that we had was awesome! Loved it.

December 2013, while trying to show off Calgary to some amazing relatives looking to relocate to Calgary...well a different story.

First, it was one of the most cramped rooms ever....can't hold the completely accountable for the room as it could have been busy.

It was the service provided by the front desk that put a sour taste in the back of our throats. The staff were bland and appeared like they were working in a miserable place. I found this confusing since the last trip was quite different. The manager was clearly detached from even pretending to care.

We had some items that needed to be left for pearl jam staff who were staying at the hotel too, and it was embarrassing to have has our guests feel treated like they were not welcome at the hotel.

Like I mentioned before, the first stay a year ago was excellent service. The last stay makes me wonder why I would ever come back.

Side note....why pay $10-22 for Internet these days? I know it's not that expensive, but seriously? Then having to pay again for another 24 hrs for the next night?!?!

I've stayed at way busier hotels much faster internet.

Oh well, trying to decide if there is a next time.

Room Tip: I'm not sure, but if you can see the room first, that would be good. First time there was amazi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 46echo
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed for only 2 nights on the way back from Canmore and on the way to NYC and could not be happier. Everything from check in to check out went well. The staff, the room (oh my god the bed.......), the location was fantastic. My wife needed some special help as she has a minor medical condition and needed access to a freezer to keep some midical supplies cold during the flight to NYC and the staff could not have been better offering her the use of the restaurant freezer. Its a long long was from home so not sure we will get back there but for those that do they will have a great time. Go Flames................

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your recent stay. I am so glad we were properly able to assist your wife with her needs. We cannot wait to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here on a Saturday night for a downtown concert. Hotel is in a great area close to shops and restaurants. The staff was very friendly offering help and suggestions for our stay and being very attentive. The suite itself was great with beautiful views of the market and river. Nice little touch in the room to have a humidifier available.

Room Tip: Tip for people is to use the heated underground parking in the market across the street vs. the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our spectacular location in Eau Claire Market.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Sheraton Suites Eau Claire remains my favourite in Calgary despite some flaws earlier reported ... very centrally located in downtown and yet close to the Bow River and the Eau Claire market. The atmosphere and the (standard) suites are much more homey than the stark modernity of the nearby Westin owned by the same group. The staff is polite to the point it becomes a bit icy. But always good to return. And an early Christmas this year!

the only thing missing is an in-room safe.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our convenient location in Eau Claire. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Calgary.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Have had many staycations at this hotel. The kids like the location near the parks and shopping as well as the pool.
This time, however, they really struggled with service and staffing. From the reception to the valet and the maintenance (I ended up having to show them how to start the pilot light on the fireplace), the most common thing we heard was "this is my first day so I really don't know". Check in was slow and painful as she kept looking for the wrong name in spite of us clarifying several times. The valet left our bags right inside our doors for us to carry and offered no orientation on the room or hotel. We expected more as we were staying in the presidential suite.
The last big frustration is the card access on the elevator for the concierge floors (not sure that is their term). Apparently they have been having problems and we were locked out and had to go to the front desk three times in the first night to get new keys.

I know they are renovating and I expect things will improve, but we will wait a while before we return.

I should mention that the door man was excellent and salvaged a star for the stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Peter, Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am sorry to learn that your experience was not to your expectations. I can assure you that this is not a reflection of the service standards we pride ourselves on. I have shared your comments with my team and will review with them our procedures and service standards. We do look forward to welcoming you back at which time I hope to make amends.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, til the moment we walked out, we felt welcomed and happy to be there. The front desk staff Tiffany was excellent, with a beaming personality and wonderful customer service skills, she found us a room that sparked an outstanding night. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I will be sure to pass on your accolades to Tiffany, she will be thrilled you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary.