“Tiffany you rock!”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we walked in, til the moment we walked out, we felt welcomed and happy to be there. The front desk staff Tiffany was excellent, with a beaming personality and wonderful customer service skills, she found us a room that sparked an outstanding night. We will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I will be sure to pass on your accolades to Tiffany, she will be thrilled you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next escape to Calgary.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a great hotel in a great location. The rooms are nice suites...there is a living room and little kitchen area when you enter and the bedroom is in a separate area with a set of doors you can close at night which made it nice and quiet and it felt like home. The bedroom could have been a bit bigger as sometimes it was hard to get to the closet for my clothes.
Stayed on the club floor and had easy access to the club lounge which had a fantastic breakfast.
Was also given sparkling water and macaroons in my room which were delish!
The hotel is within easy walking distance to Stephen Avenue Walk and to the Calgary Tower and is also right need the Bow River Walkway and the cool looking peace bridge.
Would recommend this hotel for sure.

Room Tip: Stay on the club floor. You get free breakfast and service with a smile.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Michelle N, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed our service and all that our location in Eau Claire Market has to offer. Thank you for the recommendation, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a tough one as I really liked the room and the property overall but can only rate is as poor because of some their policies. Firstly, room service, food was fine, I have no problem paying 33.00 for a good steak, they add a 4.00 delivery charge? If I am ordering out of the room service menu they are delivering it right? Why the extra charge? Does the server get 4.00 extra dollars for bringing the food to my room? You are already paying him right?. Then this one really baffled me, a 4.00 cover charge?? This isn't a nightclub and he didn't entertain me, please explain this one. You then have the audacity to leave room for a gratuity ( I did tip as it is not the servers fault they have these charges)? So if I order a 12.00 item off the room service you are going to add 8.00 to it plus the tip? That's a 150% increase above the original price. Yes it's probably in the fine print somewhere on the menu but I didn't see it. Surprised there wasn't a fuel surcharge for cooking the food.
I asked for a copy of the room service bill so I could post it but they have not sent it to me. Parking, 27.50 for valet parking, no self parking available, they direct you to the Impark lot across the street, that was full so we went to one behind the hotel. The only option you have on weekends is to choose overnight stay for 2.50, very reasonable until you notice that it expires at 6:00 AM on Sunday. I asked the front desk about it, and he said yes we don't like Impark and yes you will probably get a ticket mailed to you as they photograph all vehicles. Sounds like a money grab to me, you either get up at 5:30 AM on Sunday and pay again or risk a ticket. The parking lot was virtually empty, probably due to the 6:00 AM restriction. You would think the hotel could make some arrangements with Impark to accomodate their guests. As I mentioned, nice room, good food, freindly staff and reasonable priced room until you add on the extra charges and parking inconvenieces and possible parking ticket, enough to keep me away for good.

Room Tip: Be careful where you park and don't order room service unless you are prepared to pay all the ex...
1  Thank Dan M

Thank you for taking to time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am sorry you were offended by the charges received with delivery and trust you can understand our position as they are an industry standard. There is an option for a weekend parking package that would allow you to park into the day on Sunday and apologize if this information was not communicated to you. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your suite and service experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at which time we can make amends.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Usually out at the airport area and to have a weekend in the downtown area was a bit out of my usual routine. Relax and enjoy some of the restaurants nearby and the hotel itself with the Irish Pub and their good food. If you like walking you have several good , quality and reasonably priced restaurants in close proximity. A bit of a cab ride from the airport ($47 with tip) but you won't be bored if you like to look around and explore where you stay. Great location to experience downtown if that is your thing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shunka27

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your suite. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have visited Calgary for business several times and thus far this is my favorite hotel. It is located next to the beautiful Prince Isle Park. Both hotel restaurants have outdoor seating and spacious windows for people watching. The room was decorated nicely, even though the sofa and chair appeared somewhat frayed. Front desk was very friendly and helpful; however, doormen were not as accommodating as expected for this type of hotel rating. I had to hail my own cab when there were plenty of doormen that should have offered up to do so. One bonus for us ladies is the rooms do have make up mirrors. Another advantage to the location is that the hotel is connected to the downtown indoor walkways above the streets which help when there is inclement weather which Calgary has frequently.

Room Tip: I had a corner suite which apparently is larger.
1  Thank Joyforlife

Thank you for taking the time to provide us a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. I am pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay and am thrilled to let your know since your last visit we have updated the lobby furniture! I am sorry to learn of your experience with the doormen however am glad we were able to make amends. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay in Calgary.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I flew in from Houston and was pleaseantly surprised how easy it was getting to the hotel. Staff was great and provided excellent services. From the doorman, reception to housekeeping, I didn't meet any staff person that didn't contribute to the "Sheraton Experience". I had business meetings at the hotel for 3 days. The staff personnel who took care of our business needs (including meals) was outstanding. Everyone to a tee, went the extra mile to ensure needs were meet. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

2  Thank TOM A

Thank you for the glowing review! I am so thrilled we exceeded your expectations and were able to achieve the outstanding service standards we pride ourselves on. We look forward to welcoming you back upon next escape to Calgary!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights on a shopping trip to Calgary. The location is a bit north, but its in a quiet area right by the Eau Claire market.

Hotel was very clean, I know they advertise themselves as an all suite hotel but the rooms are very very small. It just seems like they cut the bedroom space to add a couch and a small kitchenette. Have stayed in standard sized rooms much bigger than this.

For SPG members, I didn't really get anything as a Gold. Don't really expect much as a Gold anyways, but a room on a higher floor with some views would have been appreciated(did note it on the reservation but didn't bother to ask at check in again).

Would probably stay here again if the rates were good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SKYEG91

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We appreciate the gift of feedback and look forward to hosting you in the future