“beautiful but pricey”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed July 30, 2013

While attending a wedding in the area, we stayed at this hotel because our original accommodation was out of power due to the flooding. It was initially really expensive, but we got a special rate and an upgrade. Our room (suite) was beautiful with a living room and separate bedroom with King bed, 2 TVs, bar, etc. Our internet charges were waived, as were the charges for our extra refrigerator. But parking (valet only) is very high. It's in a great location, close to restaurants and shopping downtown. They were gearing up for the Stampede, so the lobby area was decorated accordingly with wood carvings and window paintings, and everyone was in a "Stampede mood".

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CanadaFisher
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled we were able to comfortably accommodate you during time in Calgary. We are delighted you experienced what our property has to offer and look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very nice hotel. Room is clean and quite. We stayed at the 8th floor and facing the market. It's an expensive hotel and we were surprise it did not included the Internet service. We had to do down to the Lobby to use the Internet service.

Room Tip: Park across the hotel at the eau market at night and pay $2 per night. The street parking in some a...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank may1214

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites. We are thrilled you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay in your suite on the 8th floor. I do assure you our internet prices are competitive to comparable properties in the downtown core. We do offer the Sheraton Link in our main lobby as a way to connect with loved ones back home. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night. Expensive but good quality.

Pros
Upgraded to based on Starwood membership
Very very comfortable beds
Great coffee in room
Two large TVs on suite
Good location
Good power shower

Cons
Pricey room rate by any city standard
Rooms seem tired but they are doing some renovation work, hence noisy during day

Room Tip: Try to get access to Club lounge floor for Starwood members
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FraHK

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are thrilled you enjoyed the amenities in your suite, including our amazing Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds! We are in the midst of a complete revitalization of our Club Level and function space with plans to complete all suites by the end of 2015. We look forward to welcoming you back and seeing the new product! For further information on our renovation you can visit www.sheratonsuites.com/renovation

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Eau Claire was our chosen hotel for our business trip. Suppose to stay 4 weeks which ended up as 3 due to the flooding. You would think a hotel of this nature and it's location would accommodate business people but it appeared to accommodate tourists better. Maybe that was the key since the Stampede was on during our stay.
- you get an apple and a pillow chocolate every night regardless if you ate the previous one. How many apples does it take before someone gets the hint. By the end of my stay I had over a dozen apples sitting on my counter.
- I thought I could do the hotel a favor of which we would both benefit by checking out of my room on the weekend of the Stampede since I was not going to be in town anyway and I knew they were oversold. From the room rate difference they would have received an addition $350.00 each night for 3 nights, but this hotel apparently can charge extensive high rates for something like the Stampede but it's not because they need the money, but rather because they "can". I know if I could gain an extra grand for my business, I'd do it. Apparently it had something to do with our contractual rate. I guess I don't understand "big" business.
- Then on check out, going to the SPG preferred desk, my bill could not be printed because the computer could not access my account I was told? When it was printed from another computer, it was not on letterhead? Requested that it be sent electronically which I usually receive by the time I reach the airport... this time I had to call and ask again... as well as discuss that the negotiated room rate was not what we negotiated.
- The business centre... WOW! one outdated computer stuck in a corner of another business office that looks more like a storage room than an office. If you need to access something from your USB flashdrive, you have to crawl on the floor, move the computer to access the one open port available. Don't ask about scanning, it's not going to happen in that business centre.
- I only ate breakfast in the lounge due to my SPG status but I'm guessing the chef can only make scrambled eggs with cheese since it was on the menu everyday for 3 weeks.

All said and done, the staff are pleasant but really have no clue.
The hotel has a bed and "all the amenities".... come to think of it, it does cater to the tourist, otherwise, why have a waterslide downtown in the business core of the city?

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank o2bnkd

Thank you for the review. We appreciate all constructive feedback as it allows us to continuously improve on the growing needs of our valued guests. If you would like to further discuss any items that are concerning you please contact me directly at
dstevenson-moore@sheratonsuites.com.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many many times. It is our go to hotel. We have always loved it!!! I do have to say though the rooms are getting pretty worn. It's time for some freshening up. The beds are also getting really warn out. I used to loveeeeee going here JUST for the comfy beds!!!! This needs to be addressed. The staff though go above and beyond for you. They are very gracious and accommodating. The resteraunt is soooo yummy for their brunch. But, again this too is not as good as it has been in the past. The staff again there are awesome!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank canadiangirl91
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for the valuable feedback. We are thrilled to be your “go to hotel” in Calgary. The Sheraton Suites is in the midst of an extensive revitalization which will allow our function space, and Club levels to be completely enhanced to make the stay of our valued guests that much more comfortable! We are delighted you enjoyed the outstanding service! We look forward to welcoming you back and thank you again soon!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here during the Stampede..
The hotel is lovely if a bit premium priced. The staff are really helpful and we didn't see any of the need for refurbishment others did. Great location.
However the feature which spoilt it for us was the very loud Turkish music outside our room from the local park. We were on the 7th floor but the music was still head achingly loud. Not sure if its a regular feature but check with the hotel whether it will be on when you are there. It was on all three nights we were there and is not what you'd expect from a hotel of this standard . If however you are a Turkish music fan it may be ideal!

Room Tip: Find somewhere out of hearing from the park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Littlemart

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. During the summer months Prince’s Island Park and Eau Claire Market host many eclectic festivals, our proximity to many of Calgary’s events is quite convenient and is a great reason to stay with us. We would love to welcome you back in the near future. Please call our in house reservations directly when making your booking so that we can ensure you enjoy a restful night’s sleep . Thank you again for your feedback as it allows us to continuously improve on the growing needs of our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and for good reason!! Outstanding customer service when there is an issue and the best sleep ever !

The suites are so relaxing and should I say comfy!

Had an issue with a slight rude attendant for room service ( made we feel like I was bothering him when answered).

I filled out the survey that they emailed me and I was pleasantly surprised by getting a response from the GM of customer service as well as manager of the hotel.

He was quick to apologize and asked how he could make this right!

Bravo ! It's nice to feel like my being a customer is important! This experience has certainly made me a repeat customer over and over again!

Love the location, service and rooms!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shantel L

Thank you for the review of you time spent with us at the Sheraton Suites. We are thrilled you enjoyed our outstanding customer service and sleep on our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds! I do apologize again for any mishap you may have had, and am delighted this complication was solved with ease. We value the experience and feedback of each and every guest that comes through our doors. We cannot wait to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!