“Happy :-)”

Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times on business. The people who work here are extremely nice, very professional and always helpful. The rooms I have been assigned have always been very clean and ready on time. The food in the restaurant is average.
Wednesday nights at the in hotel bar (Fionn McCools-sp?) is an East Coast kitchen party complete with fiddlers, singers and assorted other musicians.... great time and well worth seeing/listening to.

1  Thank Julie P
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are delighted you enjoyed your suite and the service provided by our friendly staff. Visiting Fionn MacCool’s Irish Pub’s East Coast Kitchen Party is always memorable, we are so glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
David Steven-Moore Director of Operations

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've stayed in Sheratons all over the world and was really looking forward to our stay in this one. Unfortunately you can't shake off the feeling here that the hotel really is due for some major refurbishment, compared to some of its sister hotels. From the dingy shower curtains and bath where you have to shower in, to the cramped 80s style rooms with cheap finishings, the poor quality toiletries and the lack of some of these (which were only supplied after asking)
We never even saw the canine concierge once during week long stay, he was probably on a holiday.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank FleurdeLys2
Michelle N, Director of Operations at Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your most recent stay with us at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We will be commencing renovations on our Function space and Sheraton Club Level July 15th – September 3rd. Ben is here Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm and just like all of us needed some well deserved vacation time! We look forward to welcoming you back so that you can experience the renovated product! Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

On a sunday afternoon and evening, the Wifi was completely unusable ... It was just about possible to log in but the download speeds were abysmal .... Not even enough to get a Tripadvisor home window to appear. Only very early in the Monday morning, wifi became usuable again (this was using an iPad to connect). Have to be said that there was also fixed wire internet which worked well on a laptop thoughout my stay.

Otherwise a pleasant stay in this always homely and warm hotel. In-room breakfast is outstanding and ordering for one would serve two I would say. What I do always miss is a safe in the room. Apparantly the club rooms on the 14th and 15th floor do have them.

1  Thank Hermes_NL

Thank you for the feedback. I apologize for your connectivity issues; I assure you this is not in keeping with our world class standards. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition to an in-room safe, Club Level guest can relax in plush terrycloth robes and slippers, exclusive access to the Club Lounge where guests can enjoy complimentary buffet breakfasts, evening hors d’oeuvres and access High-Speed wireless internet. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were so excited to stay here - having seen it many times when we were in the downtown, and the price was right this past weekend. With such an amazing location, and a beautiful facility, we thought it would be perfect.

Well, on the Saturday night, we were kept up for much of the night with pounding music right below us. We were on the second floor so I imagine that there was a wedding or party below us in a ballroom? No matter, it was disappointing as three of us were in the Calgary Marathon the next day and not rested because of the lack of sleep.

Then, we realized we forgot 3 swimsuits and a hairbrush in the bathroom so the minute we got home I called the hotel and enquired. Was told someone would call back 3 hours later. No one called. I waited an extra hour and a half and called back. Was promised someone would call back first thing the next morning. No one called. I waited an extra two hours and called back. I finally got a call back later from someone who was very apologetic but this was the first person to call back when I was told when to expect a call so I was patient with her but frustrated that the front desk couldn't even tell me what time the people who run the Lost and Found would be around! Not very good customer service!

In the end, one of our swimsuits is still missing, which I am not very happy about as all 3 were hanging together in the bathroom, drying from our swim the day before. However, I will happily pick up the 2 that have been located still hanging up, on my return trip to Calgary this weekend. Needing a good rest this weekend, I will not be staying at this hotel unfortunately.

If you do go, or even are just visiting Calgary, visit the pub on the main level. Amazing food and service!

Room Tip: Do NOT go on the second floor (at least not room 220 - not sure about others on that floor)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank paixful

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We appreciate all feedback as it allows us to continuously develop our services to better meet the needs of our guests. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our front office team. Please do not hesitate to contact anyone of our reservations team at 403-266-7200 so that they can personally assist you with your next reservation to ensure you have a restful and pleasurable stay. Warmest Regards, David Stevenson-Moore, Director of Operations

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay, room is really clean and cozy. Staff and valet very helpful, location is best. Stayed for 2 nights after our day trips to calgary zoo, cross iron, drumheller, and visited old friends.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ilonggoako

Thank you for the review of your most recent stay. We are thrilled you enjoyed your suite, friendly colleagues and spectacular location in Prince’s Island Park. We look forward to your return!
Warmest Regards, David Stevenson-Moore, Director of Operations

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Spent three nights here on business and really liked the property. I like the location - adjacent to the lovely park on an island, as well as the restaurants - and not amidst the hustle bustle of downtown - yet it is in downtown. So easy to get anywhere - and the cheapest parking in Calgary (I was told). I love the +15 thing Calgary has (connecting walkways everywhere to keep you warm or dry in bad weather). It poured while I was there and the walkways were so welcome. I loved the 15th floor ammenities and breakfast and lounge - the service there was great - as it was everywhere. But one thing bugged me - and that was the room service trays that are in the hallways for hours and hours, and when I noticed (on three occasions) staff members walk right past litter in the hallways or lobby. That is inexcusable to me and a sign of poor training.

1  Thank yecats59

Thank you for the helpful feedback. We are thrilled you had a comfortable stay, experiencing our spectacular location and world class service on our Club Floor. I will be sure to pass on your comments to team regarding your in room dining and lobby cleanliness, I assure you this is not in keeping with our service standards. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we can't wait to come back. We were here for a weekend wedding. The price for the room was great, especially for a suite with a king sized bed. The room was incredibly clean and fully stocked, including a mini bar, and any toiletries you may need. The bed was heavenly - we had a great sleep. We had used the in room dining - delicious eggs Benedict. Also had great views of the Bow river. The hotel is conveniently located close to shopping, restaurants, bars. Our only complaint was the 14.95 daily charge for Internet, even for Starwood preferred guests.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelgal45

Thank you for providing us some wonderful feedback of your most recent stay here at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire. We are delighted you enjoyed your suite along with our amazing Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. We can’t wait to welcome you back upon your next escape to Calgary! Thank you again for the feedback.